• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    my christmas present is one of these.

i have an ar in 300 bo but i cant wait to see how quiet this is.

I have the same rifle in 7.62x39. Supersonic so not as quiet but still pretty darn quiet.

rifle-76239-ruger-rar.jpeg

Bafflingbs

Gozer the Destroyer
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 16, 2013
    Calvert County

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    $22.39 for the Underwood 110gr Varmageddon’s right now! 2400fps out of a 17.5” barrel, said by one reviewer. 30% off!!
    17.5" barrel? I doubt that...

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    Perfect weekend to go to the range; no one will be there and you will have the range to yourself.
    i have access to a private range in WV. it doesn't have cover on the shooting lines. plus didn't want to deal with the snow/ice that they more than likely got.

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    I'll add that none of those 11 deer went more than 15 yards before permanently laying down.
    Are those shots to the lungs? Breaking shoulders? Neck shots? I might have permission to hunt a straight walled county next year and will be in an urban area. The property is 5 acres so there is some breathing room.

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Are those shots to the lungs? Breaking shoulders? Neck shots? I might have permission to hunt a straight walled county next year and will be in an urban area. The property is 5 acres so there is some breathing room.
    Heart, heart/lung, lung. But with a few over the years, we are all scratching our heads on how it went down. Bullet never hit the heart or lungs or neck. But the deer dropped.

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    .223 mags can sometimes have issues chambering, prob depends on the specific bullet. You can get dedicated 300BO mags for better reliability.
    i agree some of the .223/5.56 mags have trouble feeding with bigger bullets that are used with subs. i have not had issues with supers and 5.56 mags. i have lancer and magpul 300bo mags that i use just for subs. no issues with those dedicated mags and subs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom