• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Went to Bart's initially and looked at several berettas. They were VERY helpful there and really took their time with me. I would recommend them for sure.

I then went to Clyde's on the advice of several here and had just as good an experience. Both gentlemen helping me were great and their pricing was very fair and even better than several online places. I was very impressed for sure! Browning is even running a deal where they reimburse you for your sales tax with proof of purchase.

All in all a good day!

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Uhhhn.......I can tell you how it's gonna shoot with him behind the trigger. :o

This is a milestone for this mediocre clays shooter. I'm predicting a steady rise in scores this spring. He's toiled over this decision for literally months. I know that feeling for sure.

The 725 is a SOLID sporting gun, possibly the best and most highly reviewed production gun built.

Can't wait to see it, congrats on 5he purchase, furniture looks nice and unique. :cool:

The two of you guys shoot together? Just more of an incentive to make the drive north one day.

Got Tony B. hooked on clays too. He shot with us at CCGC last weekend and just went out and picked up a CZ o/u.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    OP - very nice gun. Thing is, a gun will not improve your scores unless it fits you better than your last gun. As long as the gun fits and fires, it is all about the shooter. However, having a nice gun to shoot sure does feel good. I'll have to pick me up a nice one, one of these days.

vector03

Frustrated Incorporated
    Jan 7, 2009
    Columbia
    I was really surprised to find the 32 felt more balanced than the 30. It was immediately noticeable. Congrats!!!

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    OP - very nice gun. Thing is, a gun will not improve your scores unless it fits you better than your last gun. As long as the gun fits and fires, it is all about the shooter. However, having a nice gun to shoot sure does feel good. I'll have to pick me up a nice one, one of these days.

I bought this bc PJ said it would shoot 50 straight for me consistently

J/K...I know where tony might have picked up that CZ and I truly hope he enjoys it! I knew I wanted a dedicated target gun and researched, shopped, and shot many different candidates. I am excited to have a solid sg to grow my abilities with for the long haul and I know the scores are all on me. I look forward to the challenges!

Thanks for all the input and knowledge fellas!

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    I said "50",.....not in a ROW! :lol2:

He's gonna shoot better, over time, sticking with one gun and one that comes up right for him every time.

Mount consistency and knowing where he's shooting, it's gonna add targets fairly quickly here I think.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    I said "50",.....not in a ROW! :lol2:

He's gonna shoot better, over time, sticking with one gun and one that comes up right for him every time.

Mount consistency and knowing where he's shooting, it's gonna add targets fairly quickly here I think.

Yeah, I was thinking 50 out of 100.

Yep, shooting the same, well fitted, gun for a while makes things a lot easier. However, most of the time scores do suffer a little with a new gun because of the adjustment, getting used to, period. After that, it is all gravy.

When I went from my Citori to my 682, for trap, I dropped back into the teens and was not a happy camper. 20 years later, still shooting the same 682 for trap. Of course, there are exceptions to the rule. Broke 48/50 on the PG sporting clays course the first time out with my Teknys. Still shooting the Teknys a decade later, but not practicing as much as I used to.

Where is this place you guys shoot at? I'd like to mapquest the drive time to see if I can come up one weekend when the weather is decent and you guys are shooting. Going to be a little tough with the holiday season and hunting season, and tax season almost here, but I'd like to try to make it up there.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Where is this place you guys shoot at? I'd like to mapquest the drive time to see if I can come up one weekend when the weather is decent and you guys are shooting. Going to be a little tough with the holiday season and hunting season, and tax season almost here, but I'd like to try to make it up there.

Probably better off waiting till early spring. We shoot all winter (2nd and 4th Sundays) but, it's miserable in the bitter cold.

880 Chrome Road
    Oxford, PA 19362

http://www.oxfordgunclub.org/

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Probably better off waiting till early spring. We shoot all winter (2nd and 4th Sundays) but, it's miserable in the bitter cold.

880 Chrome Road
    Oxford, PA 19362

http://www.oxfordgunclub.org/

The drive isn't bad. Mapquest says 1 hour 19 minutes, which will probably be less.

I don't mind shooting when it is cold. Now, cold and windy, I throw an extra log on the fire and just dream about clay targets or I am in a blind.

Feb 28, 2013
    The drive isn't bad. Mapquest says 1 hour 19 minutes, which will probably be less.

I don't mind shooting when it is cold. Now, cold and windy, I throw an extra log on the fire and just dream about clay targets or I am in a blind.

Not really. Oxford PA is along US 1. No straight shot for you other than having to run up Bel Air Rd.

MapQuest is unreliable. I just had it tell me it's only 4 hours from my place to New Haven CT. Nobody is getting through New York that fast.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD

FAB, I've been shooting with Phil at Oxford several times now and I can tell you I'm right off exit 77 on i95 (Abingdon) and its 30minutes door to door for me. If I scoot over to rte1 its a much longer ride for me. It's so close I joined the club and I'll be shooting all winter as well. Happy to carpool with anyone who wants to hop in that's going up 95. There's a couple park and rides we could meet at but I'll let Phil speak to the club as he knows everything about the place and I'm still a rookie there. I haven't seen the hazing process yet, I'm hoping they forgot about me there

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Forgot to mention. I take 95 to 272 as well and it's an easy drive. Toll sucks but worth the time saved imho. I can get up there at 8:15, have a great breakfast (dirt cheap) shoot two rounds and be home by noon. Good stuff and I don't miss the afternoon with the kids or football games.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    FAB, I've been shooting with Phil at Oxford several times now and I can tell you I'm right off exit 77 on i95 (Abingdon) and its 30minutes door to door for me. If I scoot over to rte1 its a much longer ride for me. It's so close I joined the club and I'll be shooting all winter as well. Happy to carpool with anyone who wants to hop in that's going up 95. There's a couple park and rides we could meet at but I'll let Phil speak to the club as he knows everything about the place and I'm still a rookie there. I haven't seen the hazing process yet, I'm hoping they forgot about me there

Which exit is the Bel Air exit? Is that exit 77? I had a client that lived in the Bel Air area and it took me just under an hour to get to the exit off of I-95. What toll are you talking about? The one going over the bridge into Port Deposit/Rising Sun? I'd have that toll and the I-95 tunnel toll. Neither would make me hesitate to take I-95 the entire way. I might take you up on the carpool offer if I can make it up there, or you can ride with me.

El_flasko

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 16, 2008
    Abingdon, MD
    Which exit is the Bel Air exit? Is that exit 77? I had a client that lived in the Bel Air area and it took me just under an hour to get to the exit off of I-95. What toll are you talking about? The one going over the bridge into Port Deposit/Rising Sun? I'd have that toll and the I-95 tunnel toll. Neither would make me hesitate to take I-95 the entire way. I might take you up on the carpool offer if I can make it up there, or you can ride with me.

Exit 77 is the belair/Edgewood exit and abingdon is towards belair but a lot closer. When you get off the exit you cross back over 95 and you're immediately in abingdon. Belair is another 15+ mins down the road. I'm happy to meet you when I'm going up and I agree I could care less about the tolls I'd rather save the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom