• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Good meeting today.

Met a lot of good folks, talked about some good ideas, and rekindled some surprising connections.

Looking forward to helping out not only the D32 folks, but the others in the county as well.

It was great seeing so many people yesterday. It was a very well attended fundraiser. It was refreshing to see several MDSers. MrH, Minuteman, mranaya, and there was another but I dont remember his user name. There is a lot of buzz for Tim and he is gaining momentum. I am so freaking energized right now about this race.

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    All,

I was humbled by the turn out from folks from this board. We had a great event and everyone got to mingle with Anne Arundel County GOP leadership. Delegates Steve Schuh and Nic Kipke were there as was Sen. Bryan Simonaire. Some great conversations occurred and I raised some money. Again, thanks for the support to those that attended. THIS is what begins to make a difference. Team work and sweat!

We will be having another event next month and Larry Hogan, our next Governor will be the guest speaker. I'll keep everyone updated.

Tim Walters
    waltersdistrict32@gmail.com
    waltersfor32.com
    Facebook: Citizens for Tim Walters

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Citizens for Tim Walters
    Treasurer: Brittany Kohler

Mr H

Unincited Co-Conservative
    Just received this email from Larry Barber, candidate for State Senate...

Since I am not in contact with you by Facebook I am sending this email. I am having
    a fundraising dinner/show on Sunday, 17 August 2014 from 2 - 6 PM. It will be at the
    La Fontaigne Bleue restaurant at 7514 So Ritchie Hwy, Glen Burnie, MD.

Tickets are $50 per person, but does include a comedy show. You can either send
    a check to "Friends of Larry Barber" at 7889 Poplar Grove Rd, Severn, MD 21144
    or buy a ticket at the door.

Please consider this an invitation to join with us for some quality time and to support
    my efforts to help us all by way of the MD State Senate.

More info for Larry can be found at http://www.barberlistens.com/

Mr H

Received a call back from Joe Delimater tonight.

He's running for Sheriff in AACo.

Once I get a chance to sit down with him, I'll post up a summary.

But he and I already agree that people need to be reaching out to the candidates, and engaging them. Whether it's one-on-one, or in groups (of whatever size), citizens need to take an interest in--and control of--the electoral process.

D32 is, as I've said before, is the linchpin to changing the county's influence in the GA. We all need to be ready to step up and support those who we know will fight for us.

House:
    Tim Walters
    Mark Angell
    Joe Fioravante

Senate:
    Larry Barber

Co. Exec.:
    Steve Schuh

State's Atty.:
    Wes Adams

Sheriff:
    Joe Delimater

Not to mention, the candidates for County Council and the 'lesser' offices.

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    D32 is, as I've said before, is the linchpin to changing the county's influence in the GA. We all need to be ready to step up and support those who we know will fight for us.

D31A is equally important. This district was created solely to take away one of the 3 R's that previously existed in D31. D31B will now have 2 representatives and the heavily D dominated D31A will have a new representative since there is no incumbent.

Ned Carey has been anointed by the democratic party all the way. He is heavily funded and supported by them.

Terry Lynn DeGraw is running a grass roots campaign. You will not see her signs dominating Ritchie Hwy and there will be no mailings unless some last minute support comes her way. What you will see is her knocking on as many doors as humanly possible between now and the election.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Citizens-for-Terry-Lynn-DeGraw/715191395160094

daggo66

Ultimate Member
    Mar 31, 2013
    Glen Burnie
    Tim and Terry are good friends and highly support each other. When Tim was considering his filing to run, Terry is the one who helped encourage and point him in the right direction. Now they help and constantly encourage each other.

It's not easy running for office. It's a 30 hour a day and 8 days a week job, not counting their real jobs and families!

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    Teamwork

All,
    I am very fortunate to call Terry Degraw both a friend and a great candidate for what we all believe in this website. She did in fact help me tremendously in the first days of the election. Was no other real help to be had (different topic and easily corrected...).

We need your help, as together we can rock this huge machine until it turns. We are dedicated and work very hard for our Districts. We are fighting for voter support, party support and help where ever we can find it.

Which brings us to MD Shooters, we need your grass roots help. Whether it’s the great research you guys do, stuffing envelopes, literature drops in neighborhoods or the dreaded door knocking it all helps. Imagine if the DINOS (from your DINO strategy) walked neighborhoods, parades, etc. with Dems for Degraw or Walters shirts on. Very powerful image… We always need funds as we will live and die on mailers. The anti-constitution incumbents are sitting on vast wealth and will hammer us the final 14 days and we need people to know who we are by then AND be able to mail a response. If we walk everyday between here and 4 Nov it is not enough.

I am having a fundraiser on 20 Aug and your support would be tremendous. Larry Hogan is the guest speaker. It is in Crownsville. I am attaching the flyer.

Please support us through our fundraisers (and get face time with party leaders to ask questions) or mail us your donations.

Help us make a difference together. One team, one fight!

Tim Walters
    waltersfor32.com

“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Citizens for Tim Walters

Attachments

• Walters_Hogan event, aug 20, 2014.pdf
      390.1 KB · Views: 52

Mr H

Just a reminder, that Tim Walters will be holding an fundraiser and dinner next Wednesday evening, Aug 20, in Crownsville.

Larry Hogan will be in attendance as well.

Should be a great opportunity to meet them, and talk about the direction Maryland needs to go.

Sponsorships, VIP and Early Bird discounted tickets are available at www.waltersfor32.eventbrite.com

Attachments

• Walters_Hogan event, aug 20, 2014.gif
      Walters_Hogan event, aug 20, 2014.gif
      52.3 KB · Views: 104

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    For anyone that brings 4 paying guests I will comp your ticket! Let's work together to make change.

Thanks.

Tim Walters
    waltersfor32.com

Citizens for Tim Walters

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    I almost forgot about this event. I will be there with the wife. I hope to see everyone else there also.

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    Wow ... what an amazing event last night. I couldnt believe how many people showed up. It had to be close to 100 people last night. And a lot of democrats were there. Larry Hogan was great. I got to speak with him and liked everything he had to say. Just an impressive event. I definitely see Tim as our next Delegate. I stole this picture off of facebook.

Oh and he donated his half of the 50/50 raffle to a great veteran non-profit. And the guy who won the other half also did. So in total they donated almost $300 to a veteran non-profit that helps our armed service men when they come home and they have lost a limb or more.

I know several others were there, what did you guys think?

Attachments

• Tim Walters event.jpg
      Tim Walters event.jpg
      92.2 KB · Views: 73

eodtim

Mar 9, 2014
    Linthicum, MD
    Mr H.

I think they could have posted a pic without me in it!!!

:D

Great event, and I think a lot of good came out of it. Kudos to all who came.

Who isn't in that picture? Its like looking for Waldo. :)

Thanks again, to everyone for their support!

Tim Walters
    waltersfor32.com

Citizens for Tim Walters

Haides

Ultimate Member
    Oct 12, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    Larry Barber knocked on the door of the house I'm staying at (dog-sitting for the residents while they're out of town) today around 2pm and I chatted with him for a minute or two. If I wasn't just on my way out the door to meet a friend, I would've spoke to him a little longer. He actually told me he only lived a few blocks away, gave me some fliers and I got some extras to leave with the actual residents of the house, who are also like-minded folks. It was good to see him coming around and out in the community (first time I've ever seen an actual candidate knocking on doors, to be honest), and he seemed like a real genuine guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    guitarsit

Latest threads

Top Bottom