• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    WOW, that's the longest I've heard of in a long time. Actually I may not have heard of anyone waiting 11 months and a few days.

Glad you finally got it.
    Jim Smith

QM2

Nov 27, 2013
    Maryland
    Sorry, should have been a bit more clear in my post...Should have been about 9 months .... I had to re-submit my paperwork , my fault of course. But I'm happy I have it also.... Finally get to hit the range....

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I'm still waiting on stamps on two suppressors. Submitted the first week of April, trust, electronically. I am hoping for sometime this fall.

I've got a suppressor stamp put in about the same time on a trust, but went in on paper as e-file was down. Hoping for October.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ar15dave

AR15Dave
    Jun 10, 2008
    Monrovia, MD
    I put in a Form 4 paper/trust around July 20th or so and it went pending around Aug 6th I think. I thought it would be approved already since I used the name Chuck Norris on the paperwork but, I guess I will need to wait just like everyone else.

On NFATracker it is showing 5-9 months for approvals. I am hoping for the lesser of the two numbers.

Dave

Sveiks

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 10, 2013
    Holy Crap!

I submitted a Form 1 via eForms on 8/12 to SBR my 9mm Rock River AR. I got an email today stating:

This is to advise you that the status of your eForms submission with the subject Permit/Control number has changed to APPROVED
    Permit/Control No: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Your Reference No:
    Submission Date: 2014-08-12-04:00
    Form ID: ATF FORM 1 (5320.1) - APPLICATION TO MAKE AND REGISTER A FIREARM
    Please logon to the eForms site for more details.
    If you have any questions about your eForms submission, please contact:
    for Imports questions, call (304) 616-4550
    for NFA questions, call (304) 616-4500
    for AFMER questions, call (304) 616-4590
    for Firearms Licensing questions, call 1-866-662-2750
    Thank you for using eForms.

I almost feel like I'm being Punk'd.

Sveiks

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 10, 2013
    Well ain't this a gub'ment operation

I just tried to go to the eForms site and see this message:

"eForms Outage

The eForms System will be unavailable for industry use each Wednesday, from 6:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. (EST) in order for ATF to conduct routine maintenance and processing.

Please direct any questions about this message to eForms.admin@atf.gov."

I have been in the IT sector for over 15 years and 9 of those years either contracting to, or working for the federal government and the rest working for Fortune 500 or in some cases Fortune 100 companies and this is nuts. Rule number 1 of IT maintenance: YOU DO IT AFTER HOURS!!!!

Taking a site down from 6am to 6pm form what they call 'routine' is either a lie, or stupid. Considering the message says they do it every Wednesday, I'm leaning towards 'stupid.

:banghead:

Ok, I'm done ranting.

Sveiks

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 10, 2013
    I also submitted another Form 1 (pre-oct 1st lower) on 8/31. I marked the OAL as 29.5"

I'll post if anything happens.

Sveiks

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 10, 2013
    Form 4s and such

Can you guys imagine what will happen to the NFA market if they get the Form 4s to turn around in a matter of weeks?

Initially, my primary reason for not buying a NFA item wasn't cost, it was the time i had to wait. Call me crazy, but if I drop $1500 on a toy, I want to play with it NOW.

If they can turn a Form 4 into a 3-6 week wait, i think there will be a HUGE increase in SBR\Suppressor sales.

it should be interesting to watch... of course, then you get into 'diminished returns.' turn around time lowers, more people buy, more for ATF to process, turn around time increases, people stop buying....

rinse and repeat.

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    I just tried to go to the eForms site and see this message:

"eForms Outage

The eForms System will be unavailable for industry use each Wednesday, from 6:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M. (EST) in order for ATF to conduct routine maintenance and processing.

Please direct any questions about this message to eForms.admin@atf.gov."

I have been in the IT sector for over 15 years and 9 of those years either contracting to, or working for the federal government and the rest working for Fortune 500 or in some cases Fortune 100 companies and this is nuts. Rule number 1 of IT maintenance: YOU DO IT AFTER HOURS!!!!

Taking a site down from 6am to 6pm form what they call 'routine' is either a lie, or stupid. Considering the message says they do it every Wednesday, I'm leaning towards 'stupid.

Ok, I'm done ranting.

It's been that way since the inception of the system. They don't take it down intentionally on weekends or holidays. Think about when most firearms sales are done. (hint, not at 7am EDT.)

Do a paper form then. :sad20:

Sveiks

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 10, 2013
    It's been that way since the inception of the system. They don't take it down intentionally on weekends or holidays. Think about when most firearms sales are done. (hint, not at 7am EDT.)

Do a paper form then. :sad20:

when are most firearm sales done? During BUSINESS HOURS. when should the system be down? non-business hours. like 9pm to 7am...

oh well... I don't want to hijack this thread into a conversation of how to perform datacenter operations.

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo

Ok, I'm done ranting.

Call the wambulance. The site was borderline unusable before and had rolling outages every day for hours at a time - both planned and unplanned. I have yet to experience an unplanned outage and the ATF very clearly said Wednesday would be maintenance day when they brought the system back up.

Man, you're like the guys who complain Blizzard has patch day/maintenance every Tuesday for half the day...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom