• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aaronn

Aug 8, 2013
    Baltimore
    Form 1 SBR 29.1 OAL
    Submitted 6/24/14
    Approved 8/12/14

Side point, I noticed it had Baltimore City as the county but I'm in Baltimore County. How can I have that corrected?

Bboarder

Me Myself & I
    Mar 7, 2010
    Reisterstown
    SBR ar15 26.5"
    Paper trust submission 11/3/13
    ATF kicked back 8/1/14 with requirements to make changes for approval
    Changed barrel to 10.5", sent them corrected length with explanation letter 8/4/14
    Approved 8/7/14

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    Just called.

The three that went pending on 16 ****ing december, and i was originally told june, then july, then august, i'm now being told september.

what the **** is the problem with this shit that people who went pending long after I did with the same ****ing examiner are getting shit back?

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    Just called.

The three that went pending on 16 ****ing december, and i was originally told june, then july, then august, i'm now being told september.

what the **** is the problem with this shit that people who went pending long after I did with the same ****ing examiner are getting shit back?

Looks like you made a friend over there. :P

Call them and tell them that you're "trying to get all this squared away before you retire from the military."

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    If I call them again, it's going to be to tell them to just cancel the ****ing things and I'll re-submit via eforms.

This is ****ing ridiculous that people who mailed their shit in months AFTER my shit went pending, have gotten theirs back.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I have been thinking of canceling paper and resubmitting efile is that possible AF?

Really liking this Sig-Tac brace thing though:)

Last edited:

Desertf0x9

Jun 28, 2013
    I've asked people at ATF with regards to canceling the paper and resubmitting it. They highly advise against it. Apparently it takes them a long time to void the paper application 1-2 months. However at this rate I think the eform would still beat out paper by a long shot.

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    I have been thinking of canceling paper and resubmitting efile is that possible AF?

Really liking this Sig-Tac brace thing though:)

I've done this by sending them an email to cancel the paper form. It took about a week to receive a response and then a little over a month to receive the tax stamp refund.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    E-filed form 1 - 07/23/14
    Approved/received - 08/15/14

Noveske lower (purchased pre-10/2013), 10 inch barrel, 30 inch OAL.

Perhaps Im splitting hairs. It usually takes a 10.2-10.5" barrel to hit the 29"OAL mark. But then again, it all depends on the stock system you're running.

Just double check when you measured, it was with the muzzle device off. I doubt and ATF agent will come at you with a ruler though.

rsj1231

Ultimate Member
    Feb 24, 2013
    Harford County
    Perhaps Im splitting hairs. It usually takes a 10.2-10.5" barrel to hit the 29"OAL mark. But then again, it all depends on the stock system you're running.

Just double check when you measured, it was with the muzzle device off. I doubt and ATF agent will come at you with a ruler though.

I actually just copied the info from my 5.56 form 1 that was approved but will likely be using 10.5in barrel for this one which will be 300 blackout. If anything I'll send an amendment after it's built and I can get a true measurement. It should be pretty close though with the Vltor Emod.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

A wooden dowel perhaps, but no ruler.

:D

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    I might be off base here Swinokur but I remember some years ago a friend had a shovel with various notches in the handle, when I inquired he said they were there because his help could not use a ruler.
    No offense to ATF meant, just a story.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I am still trying to get the system to take my first one.

It does NOT work with IE11. And been having trouble with Chrome.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Looking for a sample of a properly filled out Form 1. Can anyone shoot me a link. I want to efile for an SBR build and I don't want to screw it up.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Just fill in what they ask for. It is pretty straight forward.

The only things that I found confusing were:

1) After you type in the Manufacturer name, and pick the one off the list, you STILL need to hit the Verify Manufacturer button.

2) When entering the firearm, you are given a screen to add documents. That is NOT where you add your trust documents, that comes later. That is for documents specific for that item, like drawings.

For description, I put in "Short Barrel AR-15." And as per advice here, for Purpose, I put in "For all lawful purposes."

I FINALLY got it to work this morning. Using Chrome.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Just fill in what they ask for. It is pretty straight forward.

The only things that I found confusing were:

1) After you type in the Manufacturer name, and pick the one off the list, you STILL need to hit the Verify Manufacturer button.

2) When entering the firearm, you are given a screen to add documents. That is NOT where you add your trust documents, that comes later. That is for documents specific for that item, like drawings.

For description, I put in "Short Barrel AR-15." And as per advice here, for Purpose, I put in "For all lawful purposes."

I FINALLY got it to work this morning. Using Chrome.

Thanks Pinecone. Just one more thing. On lines that would be left blank...leave them blank or answer N/A? (or am I being to nutty?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom