• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sveiks

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 10, 2013
    i am oh so sorry...

Form 1s are for MANUFACTURE, not sales.

Call the wambulance. The site was borderline unusable before and had rolling outages every day for hours at a time - both planned and unplanned. I have yet to experience an unplanned outage and the ATF very clearly said Wednesday would be maintenance day when they brought the system back up.

Man, you're like the guys who complain Blizzard has patch day/maintenance every Tuesday for half the day...

Ahh come on. Everyone on this board has some professional pet peeve that annoys the crap out of them. I've heard cops, electricians or whomever rant about something that seems completely pointless to me, but hey.... they want to vent. So they vent, and we either read it, or move along....

I am terribly sorry for voicing a negative opinion about a multibillion dollar government organization voluntarily taking down a multimillion dollar application during business hours.

What is more surprising to me, especially with the audience on this board, the response was essentially 'stop whining, it used to be worse'. I'm not quite sure that complete and total disaster is the bar with which we should gauge success, do you?

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    You can dislike how something is managed and/or run. The current incarnation is an improvement and the Wednesday downtime was published before the system came back. I don't see where there's reason to complain on the scale you have. Negative opinions are fine, but within the context of the bigger picture you do seem like you're whining...about something that is currently meeting performance expectations.

from the same Govt that brought you http://healthcare.gov

Be happy if it works every day but Wednesday.

:sad20:

Srsly. No one here is "BRAVO ATF! GOOD JOB!", but we were around when the system was worse and can appreciate its current functionality as we too wait for more improvements.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    ...Right....

where is this coming from.

From this:

when are most firearm sales done? During BUSINESS HOURS. when should the system be down? non-business hours. like 9pm to 7am...

oh well... I don't want to hijack this thread into a conversation of how to perform datacenter operations.

Since Form 1s are the only form we typically use, that are on eForms, being off line during normal business hours is not a huge deal.

Now, when Form 4s are back in eForms, it could be an issue.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Don't hold your breath.

MINIMUM time I have heard is 5 months.

Wow, that's quick. I got my last one a little over 9 months and I'm on my 4th month with this one and I haven't gone pending yet.

I hope you're right and we start getting approved in a more timely fashion.

Jim Smith

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    I just got a paper form one back in 3 months!
    Holy Cheese and Crackers!!!!

Mailed 5/29.
    Signed on 9/3
    Received in the mail 9/5

This was PAPER with a trust NOT e-file.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Wow, that's quick. I got my last one a little over 9 months and I'm on my 4th month with this one and I haven't gone pending yet.

I hope you're right and we start getting approved in a more timely fashion.

Jim Smith

8 - 9 months seems more common. But I have seen reports of 5 - 7 months on a paper Form 4 recently.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I just got a paper form one back in 3 months!
    Holy Cheese and Crackers!!!!

Mailed 5/29.
    Signed on 9/3
    Received in the mail 9/5

This was PAPER with a trust NOT e-file.

Form 1 or Form 4? I would suspect a form 1 if you received the stamp in the mail.

Jim Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom