• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gwanshop

Nov 9, 2014
    Parkville MD
    Greetings all, new to maryland from pa a few questions about the hql process. I started the application online today and paid for livescan fingerprinting which I will get done tomorrow. Where do I go from here. And how long does this whole process take? Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Stoli

Jan 19, 2015
    There are plenty of threads as well as on the MSP website (Maryland state police) outlining the process.
    You need to take a HQL class. Once you have taken the class and have your fingerprints done, you need to go online and submit an application on the Maryland state police website. $50 to apply.

If you have obtained a handgun before Oct 2013 you can apply for a HQL exemption.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge will chime in. I'm just going through the same process at the moment.

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    I have owned a handgun prior to october 2013. Does it matter what state I was in. Also what documentation is needed for proof. Thanks.

Look on MSP's website. If you owned a handgun already then you are exempt from the HQL class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    always do the finger printing last. they go stale and you will need to do them again if necessary.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• MSI welcome msg.jpg
      MSI welcome msg.jpg
      38.3 KB · Views: 166

LGood48

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2011
    Cecil County
    Greetings! Might want to do a more formal Introduction and save the questions for a different area on the forum (2A for example)!!! :)

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Please consider donating to the legal defense fund to support the UNITED CHALLENGE OF THE MARYLAND FIREARMS BAN[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Maryland Ranges[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom