Crow Hunting Facts For The State Of Maryland HUH ???

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Archeryrob

Undecided on a great many things
    Mar 7, 2013
    Washington Co. - Fairplay
    That said, it is straight up legal to kill animals that are a threat to property or safety. BUT, I like big buts and I cannot lie, NRP/DNR catches wind that you are shooting deer because they are eating your favorite flowers, you are probably going to get a nasty citation and a judge that doesn't really care.
    I think you can shoot most anything, but deer, bobcat and bear or similar if it is causing damage. Some they just are like well, I don't want to know. Others they are like "Oh no you didn't!"

I had a doe with head trauma running in circles on my place. I called the hotline and they said I could not put her down, period! DNR showed up with three people and chased her around the house for half an hour and she ran around the house and into the side of a DNR SUV square on like she didn't even see it. Then laid in the neighbors yard head wobbling around and shot her with a shotgun 10' from their house.

They have said, and DNR has told friends you can shoot raptor near your chickens, but they won't publicly make that statement. One guy got in trouble because he shot an owl and they fined him. Told him exactly if it had been near your chickens, we'd given you a pass, but it was on the other side of the farm and no threat to the chickens. Now I don't have chickens, i'd be a fine for me.

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    I think you can shoot most anything, but deer, bobcat and bear or similar if it is causing damage. Some they just are like well, I don't want to know. Others they are like "Oh no you didn't!"

I had a doe with head trauma running in circles on my place. I called the hotline and they said I could not put her down, period! DNR showed up with three people and chased her around the house for half an hour and she ran around the house and into the side of a DNR SUV square on like she didn't even see it. Then laid in the neighbors yard head wobbling around and shot her with a shotgun 10' from their house.

They have said, and DNR has told friends you can shoot raptor near your chickens, but they won't publicly make that statement. One guy got in trouble because he shot an owl and they fined him. Told him exactly if it had been near your chickens, we'd given you a pass, but it was on the other side of the farm and no threat to the chickens. Now I don't have chickens, i'd be a fine for me.
    SSBC = Shoot, Shovel, Buy Chickens?

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    SSBC = Shoot, Shovel, Buy Chickens?
    Really should be BCSS. Real hard to get the coop and chickens in there before Karen calls the game warden.

Bonus points you get eggs. Going for the BBC is best there though.

Buying Big Chickens. What did you think I meant? Jeez. People around here. Small chickens lay small eggs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom