• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    Show me where the media made anything up?

Again...if they went off of police reports and interviews they are not liable.

Maybe the guy shouldn't have made a fool of himself and the media wouldn't have "reported" on it.

If they made it 100% up and just picked his name via a Google search...sure sue away.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010

Maybe the guy shouldn't have made a fool of himself and the media wouldn't have "reported" on it.

If they made it 100% up and just picked his name via a Google search...sure sue away.

Stupidity, immaturity, whatever you want to call it-- it's not illegal, but there's usually a price to pay eventually. Some folks just can't think their actions all the way through......

Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV

I nothing is wrong then what are you worried about, they will be in the clear. I'm saying he needs to go after both, if a lawyer tells him the media are immune to back lash because they copy pasted what the police said then that is that. BUT, he was still drag through mud and turned into a defacto criminal for doing something stupid. I'm not a lawyer, but he needs to get back the costs of his, lost work time, lost job, and for the stress of being put on kangaroo trail with no evidence to back up their claims because of hear say

INMY01TA

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2008
    I heard this on the radio today. If you've been held for mental observation for a certain length of time, don't you lose the right to own firearms? Whether held voluntary or involuntary? I hope he gets them back.

blackseven

Regular Guy
    Aug 30, 2011
    So I guess I can talk about this a little bit more now. Angela D. Alsobrooks never had a case. She thought this would be a career making case for her. She was set to drop the charges against Neil back in december but then Newtown happened. It wasn't "Politically appropriate" to drop the charges at that time. So instead to save face she decided to persue the case to trial. She also had an underling in her office handling the case so she could conveniently avoid any direct blame if things went too far awry.

Neil is getting his life back in order. He's already petitioning to get his firearms back and get back to normal life. He was in good spirits when I last spoke to him and the topic of "who the hell do you have to sue to get your life back?" popped up quite a bit.

I hope everything get's back to normal for him, he's a good guy that had his world fold on top of him for ******** circumstances. Despite our knee-jerk reactionary society that is willing to forego the truth for political gain, some common sense was seen by the presiding judge.

blackseven

Regular Guy
    Aug 30, 2011
    So let's trample 1A (freedom of press) to promote 2A?

As long as what the media reported was factual to their knowledge I'm not a fan of letting people sue them.

The information reported by the media is wrong, specifically in the numbers of firearms. I've seen everything from 17-40 assault rifles reported by different news agencies and everything from 400 to "thousands" of rounds of ammunition. The police reports were wrong too, but the media didn't rely on them for the 'facts' of the case.

I personally believe if you're directly profiting off the printing of incorrect information, even, the above, you should be liable for defamation. It would at least cause papers to be a little more "safe than sorry" specifically in cases like this where the guy was exonerated.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I thought it was kind of sad how many even in this forum distanced themselves from the guy without even hearing his side of the story. Many hypocritical statements were made and I hope when this is all over and they realize they don't have enough for a conviction which is the only reason I can see for the extreme delay on a minor charge that the state is forced to openly apologize and reconsider their tactics as well as pay the $$$.

I'm glad I was right. I hope to see him get the justice against the system he deserves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom