• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RCH

Will work for ammo.
    Mar 18, 2007
    PG County
    Anyone know what happened to this case? The MD Judiciary website has no update on this case after the 10/30 court date- other then the fact that Mr. Prescott moved out of Crofton. The case status still says active. Did the SAO just quitely drop it or is the SAO sitting on it as long as they can so Mr. Prescott cannot have his guns back?

blackseven

Regular Guy
    Aug 30, 2011
    Where's his friend who posted in this thread months earlier?

Right here. I haven't heard anything new. He's still charged with one count of telephone misuse and his trial date fell on Hurricane sandy when the courts were closed. I have no idea what's going on now, A mutual friend of ours had been in contact after he was released from the hospital, but obviously he's not discussing anything related to the case until things are settled.

His voluntary commitment to a mental institution... What would most people do in the same situation? Your entire world falls apart just based on accusation. Life ruined without even seeing the inside of a court room, and not even a second person to come forward to corroborate the allegations. It's the most unfair, ridiculous, guilty until proven innocent ******** I've ever seen in my entire life.

Darkemp

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2009
    Marylandistan
    I thought it was kind of sad how many even in this forum distanced themselves from the guy without even hearing his side of the story. Many hypocritical statements were made and I hope when this is all over and they realize they don't have enough for a conviction which is the only reason I can see for the extreme delay on a minor charge that the state is forced to openly apologize and reconsider their tactics as well as pay the $$$.

gmhowell

Not Banned Yet
    Nov 28, 2011
    Monkey County
    Unless you leave with a paper that states you are sane. That would be priceless.

Homer-Not-Insane-220x120.png

From the state where you are "not disapproved"?

Russ D

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2008
    Sykesville
    All it would take is one false accusation and any one of us could be in the same situation. As soon as they see the guns we are guilty and a threat to the public.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    There is obviously something wrong with him. Should he get his guns back?

Discusss...

not following the whole thing.. wasn't he observed/checked for mental health?

he may have an issue but if they cant prove it.. he will walk.

are they even allowed to refile for same "crime".. I doubt it.

btw.. the picture on that article remind me of the family guy cartoon.. lol

Oct 21, 2008
    St Mary's
    There is obviously something wrong with him. Should he get his guns back?

Discusss...

Good question. My first thought would be to say no, based upon what the articles presented about this young man.
    On the other hand, there are no charges and he apparently has not been deemed mentally unstable according to the experts. For all we know alot of what we read in the news was based upon hearsay. The slightly libertarian side of me says, let him have his firearms back, he's done no wrong, or at least the authorities cannot find anything wrong.

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    not following the whole thing.. wasn't he observed/checked for mental health?

he may have an issue but if they cant prove it.. he will walk.

are they even allowed to refile for same "crime".. I doubt it.

btw.. the picture on that article remind me of the family guy cartoon.. lol

I believe one can be charged multiple times as new evidence is found, but not TRIED for the same crime.

jtb81100

Ultimate Member
    May 28, 2012
    Western HoCo
    From everything I've seen on this, his problems seem to be stupidity and immaturity. Since he hasn't been convicted of any prohibiting crimes and he was cleared by the shrinks he should get them back. Not letting him have them would set a very bad precedent.
    Devil's advocate time:
    The media misrepresents just about everything when it comes to guns, so why believe that what was printed is what really happened? For all we know the person he was talking to could have been being a smart ass and said "don't come shoot us up." His response could have been meant the same way, not thinking that that's a stupid thing to joke about and that it could be taken seriously.

Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    I would say yes he should get his guns back. On top of that he should be getting a check from those in the media that shit all over him making him out to be the next mass murderer in America without cause. Being stupid is not against the law, nor is it right to make one person look like something he isn't just to justify something you want.

I hope he does get all his guns back and enough money from lawsuits to move as far away from this state as possible.

Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    Probably pardoned by MOM so if he does do anything he can use it as fuel.

More like the judge called the police and the prosecutor's on their BS and now they are all butt hurt about it.

Too bad all but maybe 5 people on this forum had the nuts to stand by him and say something was amiss and that this was wrong.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    I would say yes he should get his guns back. On top of that he should be getting a check from those in the media that shit all over him making him out to be the next mass murderer in America without cause. Being stupid is not against the law, nor is it right to make one person look like something he isn't just to justify something you want.

I hope he does get all his guns back and enough money from lawsuits to move as far away from this state as possible.

So let's trample 1A (freedom of press) to promote 2A?

As long as what the media reported was factual to their knowledge I'm not a fan of letting people sue them.

Eviljagtech

Infected w/ Freedom
    Jan 24, 2010
    Harpers Ferry, WV
    So let's trample 1A (freedom of press) to promote 2A?

As long as what the media reported was factual to their knowledge I'm not a fan of letting people sue them.

1a doesn't let you drag people through the mud because you don't like their hobbies, to hell with promoting 2a here, it's about reporting the honest truth not making it as you go along. If they say they reported only what the police told them then the police need to be sued, someone is at the center of the lies and the only way nowadays to find them is to go after the money.

When you have people as high up as the chief claiming to have stopped a mass murder and then have zero evidence to back that claim up is called lying. This person will never has a normal life in Maryland because the media made him out to be a mass murder when he didn't hurt anyone, and made owning more then 1 gun to be evil.

If you want to protect people's 1A rights that's one thing, but it's never been legal to make stuff up about someone and then smear their name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom