• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Citizen

Red Man in a Blue State
    Nov 9, 2012
    Calvert Collective, PRM
    O'Reilly's a pimp & Costa is a whore. Who give a rat's patootie what Costa or O'Reilly thing about guns. Who made them experts? Why give them a forum to spout their nonsense?

Stop feeding the mouth that bites your hand! :mad54:

Stopped watching O'Reilly a while ago. He's just another suckup, taking the 'middle of the road' stance too often. Easier being spinless than alienating viewers, ain't it Billy boy? Bill O'Reilly, the Ophra of Fox. :sad20:

Costa's another NBC, body-guard protected stooge. I've written to NBC that I will not watch any program with 'Little Bobby' on it and told them that I have contacted every sponsor of NBC that I will no longer buy their products. Particularly Capital One, the one with company spokesmen Alec 'Child Beater' Baldwin & Jimmy 'Dickless' Falon.

It's beyond time to go Gault.

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    O'Reilly's a pimp & Costa is a whore. Who give a rat's patootie what Costa or O'Reilly thing about guns. Who made them experts? Why give them a forum to spout their nonsense?

Stop feeding the mouth that bites your hand! :mad54:

Stopped watching O'Reilly a while ago. He's just another suckup, taking the 'middle of the road' stance too often. Easier being spinless than alienating viewers, ain't it Billy boy? Bill O'Reilly, the Ophra of Fox. :sad20:

Costa's another NBC, body-guard protected stooge. I've written to NBC that I will not watch any program with 'Little Bobby' on it and told them that I have contacted every sponsor of NBC that I will no longer buy their products. Particularly Capital One, the one with company spokesmen Alec 'Child Beater' Baldwin & Jimmy 'Dickless' Falon.

It's beyond time to go Gault.

This.

There are pro and anti 2a supporters. Some of them have an argument based on logic and reason. Costas and O'Reilly have neither other than reciting false premises.

Bob Costas’ realm of expertise is professional sports where he has an expertise. I do not see how his opinion is relevant. Calling up the premier expertise on stamp collection and asking for his/her opinion is equally ridiculous.

It seems he is heavy into NBC Olympic coverage. IIRC a USA woman won skeet gold for USA. Obviously she should have never had access to a 12 gauge shotgun.

Free Radical

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Oct 14, 2012
    yOur Nation's Capital
    It's infuriating that everyone gets so distracted in the gun debate. Even pro-2A people spend most of their time talking about how we need guns to defend us from those who might invade our home, or attempt to mug us on the street at night, or even worse—hunting.

Yes, guns are necessary to home defense and for acquiring food if you wish to be self-sufficient; but, the Second Amendment has nothing to do with defense or hunting. The document doesn't just say "you can have a gun." It's very specific about why you ought to have a gun. To paraphrase Judge Andrew Napolitano, the Second Amendment isn't about shooting at a deer, it's about shooting at the government.

The document exists so the people will be prepared to violently overthrow their government if necessary. We ought not be afraid to say it. That's why I'm opposed to anything like a waiting period, registering firearms or background checks: It makes it insanely easy for the government to disarm the patriotic resisters if they know which of them are armed. If guns are so bad that the government needs to keep check on everyone who buys one, why is the government itself allowed to own them?

Yes, we can debate the effects of gun ownership on crime and violence until we run out of breath, but it's a waste of time, because it's not what 2A is about. From now on, we should just redirect the conversation to the actual issue. Self-defense from muggers is a nice by-product, but self-defense from a tyrannical government was the real intent of those who wrote the Bill of Rights.

rambling_one

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 19, 2007
    Bowie, MD
    I must have missed that,but I did catch him saying that he and millions of other people would rather have a gun on them than duck down on the floor (in reference to the Colorado shooting).To me that means he is more pro-2A than not.:thumbsup:

Bill says just enough positive things to put him on the right of center, though not by much.

Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    From CCRKBA:

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]NEW NFL DEATH SHOWS MEDIA’S DUAL[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] STANDARD ABOUT GUNS, SAYS CCRKBA[/FONT]

BELLEVUE, WA – After yet another tragic death involving an NFL player over the weekend, there is the appearance of a double standard in media handling of the case, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms said today.

“A week ago,” noted CCRKBA Chairman Alan Gottlieb, “NBC’s Bob Costas was having fits about a so-called ‘gun culture,’ but what about the culture of big money, flashy cars and alcohol that permeats the NFL? Dallas player Jerry Brown is dead from what appears to be a drunken driving crash involving teammate Josh Brent. Brown is no less dead than Javon Belcher or his girlfriend and Brent faces criminal charges. Costas was alarmed at the number of NFL players with guns, but he’s said virtually nothing about the ones who drink and drive.”

Costas ignited a firestorm last week, showing a lack of knowledge about firearms, current laws and the so-called “gun culture” when he editorialized about the Belcher case and then had to do damage control for several days.

“What Bob Costas doesn’t know about guns,” Gottlieb said, “would probably fill a library. His remarks about violent crime, gun owners and semiautomatic firearms demonstrated why the firearms community distrusts mainstream press because many, if not most, of the talking heads don’t know what they’re talking about.

“According to FBI crime data,” he continued, “the number of homicides involving firearms has declined over the past several years. Last year, out of 12,664 homicides, firearms were used in about 8,500 of those crimes, and handguns were used in less than half.

“Compare that to more than 10,000 deaths attributed annually to drunk driving,” Gottlieb said, “yet where is the great discussion about that after Brown’s death?

“Last week, Costas asked who ‘needs’ a semiautomatic firearm,” he added. “Well, who needs to drive drunk? NFL players certainly have enough money to pay for a cab ride, don’t they?

“How many drunks are on the road every weekend following tailgate parties at NFL games,” Gottlieb questioned. “What’s more dangerous, a citizen with a firearm or an NFL player with a bar tab?”

[FONT=&quot]With more than 650,000 members and supporters nationwide, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is one of the nation’s premier gun rights organizations. As a non-profit organization, the Citizens Committee is dedicated to preserving firearms freedoms through active lobbying of elected officials and facilitating grass-roots organization of gun rights activists in local communities throughout the United States. The Citizens Committee can be reached by phone at (425) 454-4911, on the Internet at www.ccrkba.org or by email to InformationRequest@ccrkba.org.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]

<Please e-mail, distribute, and circulate to friends and family>​
    Copyright © 2012 Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, All Rights Reserved.​
    [FONT=&quot]Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
    James Madison Building
    12500 N.E. Tenth Place
    Bellevue, WA 98005[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Voice: 425-454-4911
    Toll Free: 800-426-4302
    FAX: 425-451-3959
    Email: InformationRequest@ccrkba.org

[/FONT]​

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Bill says just enough positive things to put him on the right of center, though not by much.

I watch Bill semi regularly for many years. Every since Katrina and the looting he has been pretty pro gun for defense. Then after Sandy, he said several times that he was armed inside his house.

While I wouldn't put him into the fully backed pro 2A, he's the most notable commentator nationally saying he carries.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    When Costas first used the word 'artillery' to exadurate the danger of guns, I'd be willing to give him some benefit of doubt. But at the taping of his interview with Oreilly he's had days to learn more and again chose to characterize 'the gun culture' inappropriately and deamonize gun owners.

sheep sleep with nary a peep. Costas was hardly apologetic, still ignorant of his own ignorance.

20060408_093154_Op09_keefe.jpg

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    Aurora legislators chose to disarm their citizens. Why isn't the press pointing out that those legislators created a sanctuary for the Aurora shooter--a place where he knew he would have absolute freedom to kill as many unarmed citizens as possible during the time it would take for armed police to run in and protect its flock of defenseless victims? My mom teaches nursing and recently received training on how to react in the case of a Virginia Tech type massacre. Instructors handed her a tennis ball and directed her to throw it at a trainer's face. "You see how it makes him flinch?" he asked her. "We can't help but try to protect our faces." So, they won't let teachers or other faculty members carry, but they confidently tell my mom that all she can do is toss a tennis ball at an assailant, to give her the upper hand against a maniac. Yep, that's all she needs to overcome him. Brilliant. What are the chances those making these laws are carrying, well-protected, or both? That makes for a very comfortable position behind which they tell us to startle the insane and hope for the best.

Last edited:

Tyeraxus

Ultimate Member
    May 15, 2012
    East Tennessee
    Aurora legislators chose to disarm their citizens. Why isn't the press pointing out that those legislators created a sanctuary for the Aurora shooter--a place where he knew he would have absolute freedom to kill as many unarmed citizens as possible during the time it would take for armed police to run in and protect its flock of defenseless victims?

Notwithstanding the thrust of your argument, you should be aware that it wasn't a government that disarmed the Aurora victims, it was a corporation exercising their private property rights.

When Costas first used the word 'artillery' to exadurate the danger of guns, I'd be willing to give him some benefit of doubt. But at the taping of his interview with Oreilly he's had days to learn more and again chose to characterize 'the gun culture' inappropriately and deamonize gun owners.

sheep sleep with nary a peep. Costas was hardly apologetic, still ignorant of his own ignorance.

20060408_093154_Op09_keefe.jpg

I caught the artillery comment as well. It is telling of his ignorance of the subject matter. Unfortunately like many others in his profession, he chose to use his time to talk as a pulpit to expound his ignorance and limited perspective on the matter.

For the life of me I find it difficult to understand his initial stance in not wanting to limit 2A but wanting to limit semiautomatic firearms.

While Bill's heart was in the right place, he was misinformed on some specifics. I'm a little surprised he didn't do a bit more homework before the interview. I watch him now and again and he is usually prepared for the topic of discussion.

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    Notwithstanding the thrust of your argument, you should be aware that it wasn't a government that disarmed the Aurora victims, it was a corporation exercising their private property rights.

From what I understand, Aurora has a gun ban, not just its theater. This is true despite Colorado being an otherwise shall-issue state.

http://cnsnews.com/blog/ron-meyer/a...hooting-if-one-law-abiding-person-theater-had

http://lewrockwell.com/adams-m/adams-m22.1.html
    "According to current Colorado law, it is illegal to carry a concealed weapon in all the following cities:

Aurora, Boulder, Broomfield, Colorado Springs, Denver, Englewood, Lakewood, Littleton, Longmont, Northglenn, Pueblo, Thornton, Westminster, Wheat Ridge."

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showth...il-of-Aurora-CO-banned-guns-from-the-theaters...

Tyeraxus

Ultimate Member
    May 15, 2012
    East Tennessee
    Colorado has preemption though. I've read that some municipalities have no-carry laws still on the books but the state's carry laws make them unenforceable. Is that not right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom