• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    Older WW1 combat pump shotguns do not have disconnectors. US troops would practically keep the trigger depressed and slamfired the gun with each cycle of the slide.

That can be done very fast and resulted in many turks and germans with heads blown off( literally). The US protested this protest....

even up to now.. Military shotguns are mainly anti material weapons. Our troops use it to destroy the enemy's clothing... The devastating wounds it produces is simply... Collateral damage.:innocent0

Ithaca 37's made prior to 1975 will slam fire as well. The Ithaca earned a good reputation in Vietnam as there was less chance for crud to get inside.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    well, on my first tour to iraq back in 05, i had the misfortune to have to carry a shotgun and my m4 because to this day it is unauthorized to use a shotgun against enemy troops and is only used for breeching purposes.

fast forward to last year in afghanistan, I have the fortune of being an EOD team leader and not a grunt. nobody carried shotguns. then again mud huts dont generally have doors, but I will have to check as I still dont think anyboy can use shotguns on personnel.

that aside, the benelli m4 is my personal HD weapon, and I once had to brandish it for some hoodlums attempting to break into my house in EL Paso. 3 of them one me with an m4, they ran. I love that gun.

Don't tell the Navy that shotguns weren't supposed to be used on the enemy...I often carried a M590 as part of Underway and shoreside SSDF and on security watches, often instead of an M14 or M16A2.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I've managed to acquire a 14" entry barrel assembly for the m4. When the tax stamp comes in. It will look something like this.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      65.9 KB · Views: 268

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    She's almost done. Just waiting on a lucid m7

US made parts

Promag C stock
    Promag Pistol Grip
    Zion Kley Trirail ,14 shell mag carrier/ handguard
    Nordic Follower
    FreedomTactical Hammer
    Freedom Tactical Sear
    Freedom Tactical Mag spring
    GGG charging handle

Imported parts:

Benelli Mag extension
    Rail covers
    Fab defense foregrip

things to come:

Three point sling
    Trubore breaching choke
    Lucid m7 red dot

the stock provides three positions of adjustment. Fully extended, LOP is around 14", mid position is about 12.5 and 10" fully collapsed. Irons are useable in the midposition, providing the best LOP for my personal preference. In the fully collapsed position, cheek weld is too high to be able to use the LPA sights. This is why a low mounted optic is needed. Some earlier manufactured guns do not have the middle position notch. It was either had an LOP that was too long or too short. The three position c stock is indeed an improvement over the fixed civilian stock that was too long for most folks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
      image.jpg
      49.4 KB · Views: 248
    Last edited:

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    What kimd of ammo do you load your combat or home defense shotgun?

For me:

Standard load of 2.75" 00 buckshots( 9 rounds)
    14 rounds of PDX1( side saddle)
    1oz slugs( 10 each) ( sling loops)

If that doesnt work for a defensive situation, Im in neck deep in manure. Lol

jimbobborg

Oddball caliber fan
    Aug 2, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    What kind of ammo do you load your combat or home defense shotgun?

For me:

Standard load of 2.75" 00 buckshots( 9 rounds)
    14 rounds of PDX1( side saddle)
    1oz slugs( 10 each) ( sling loops)

If that doesnt work for a defensive situation, I'm in neck deep in manure. Lol

I keep my 11-87 loaded up with a mix of 3" and 2.75" 00 Buck if it's by the bed. It's not my main HD firearm, though. I suggest you practice loading if you're worried about it. Pumping shells quickly isn't easy under stress unless you practice.

Feb 28, 2013
    well, on my first tour to iraq back in 05, i had the misfortune to have to carry a shotgun and my m4 because to this day it is unauthorized to use a shotgun against enemy troops and is only used for breeching purposes.

fast forward to last year in afghanistan, I have the fortune of being an EOD team leader and not a grunt. nobody carried shotguns. then again mud huts dont generally have doors, but I will have to check as I still dont think anyboy can use shotguns on personnel.

Who made this idiot declaration? If I'm in hostile territory, surrounded by forces who have my extermination as the goal, which is the very object of war BTW, I WANT A DAMN HEAD BLOWER-OFFER!!:cool:

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    We used 870s and Mossbergs in Nam for sure. Had a special duckbill grasscutter external choke that spread the load wide but not high. Shot #4B out of it, 3" magnums if you could get them.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    By the way the Benelli is not the fastest cycling shotgun as they usually do .12s-.13s splits. The Browning Gold/FN SLP/Win SX-2/3 (essentially the same shotgun) shotguns have shown that they can reach .11s (Benny Cooley won multiple 3-gun world titles shooting a Browning Gold). But no shotgun I have seen tested can do it every round either. 7 rounds in 1.2 seconds is only a .17 split average. A good 3-gun shooter could easily average .13 which would be 7 rounds in .91 seconds. I don't think I have ever seen a human do a .10s split.
    But the Benellis are more reliable than the gas guns. That is the main reason they are as popular as they are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom