• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    He's elected by the whole state. I'd guess that a statewide recall was beyond the ability of the groups running the recall.

Targeting one or two districts requires fewer resources.

Same reason we want to focus on removing a few people in 2014 and not a statewide referendum.

This. We only need to pick up two seats in the MD Senate to sustain a filibuster. We don't need to win the whole state. We had those two seats, but two senators stabbed us in the back - voting against SB-281 but voting to end the filibuster ... like they think we're stupid or something. Like CO did tonight, if we can flip only two seats in 2014, we can stop future bad 281s.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    What pisses me off is that they did not think Morse would really lose because he was in an area that had a ton of registered Democrats, but he did.

That is why I am still bitter about the referendum issue here in Maryland. I think there are a lot of pro-gun liberals here that would NOT vote for a candidate solely on the 2nd Amendment. However, they would have voted HELL NO to SB281. We don't have the ability to recall politicians, but we do have the ability to send legislation to a referendum vote.

Good for Colorado. Now, we see what the fate of Maryland is via the court system, UNLESS we can replace a lot of our current politicians with 2nd Amendment friendly ones.

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    This. We only need to pick up two seats in the MD Senate to sustain a filibuster. We don't need to win the whole state. We had those two seats, but two senators stabbed us in the back - voting against SB-281 but voting to end the filibuster ... like they think we're stupid or something. Like CO did tonight, if we can flip only two seats in 2014, we can stop future bad 281s.
    Don't you see that it's not enough to stop them from doing what they want when they want? Didn't the fact that 281 even came up at all, let alone passed, not tell you enough that merely delaying the other side cannot extinguish the threat? It must be ERADICATED, as in NOT coming back another time, and its progress WIPED from the law books. If you're not doing that, you're losing. If you're not setting your sights on that, you're preparing to fail. Don't set the bar so low as no additional 281's, but repeal that one, then work towards wiping out the previous ones. Make the other side have to defend everything, not ours.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Don't you see that it's not enough to stop them from doing what they want when they want? Didn't the fact that 281 even came up at all, let alone passed, not tell you enough that merely delaying the other side cannot extinguish the threat? It must be ERADICATED, as in NOT coming back another time, and its progress WIPED from the law books. If you're not doing that, you're losing. If you're not setting your sights on that, you're preparing to fail. Don't set the bar so low as no additional 281's, but repeal that one, then work towards wiping out the previous ones. Make the other side have to defend everything, not ours.

This above. I don't want to hope and pray that a filibuster will work so we can maintain the status quo. I want to get SB281 reversed. Might be near impossible, but who knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom