• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • elwojo

File not found: M:/Liberty.exe
    Dec 23, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Reuters Article

The NRA and other gun lobbies have been outspent in the Colorado election recall solely by two billionaires, NY's Bloomberg and LA's Eli Broad. In total spending, they are outspent 6:1. Democracy in action, right?

This isn't anything that will surprise us, but it's good to see a legitimate mainstream news source pointing out the truth every once in a while - even though you have to dig half-way through the article to get to the point.

Good luck to the people of Colorado, but this is like a 3-game run-off between the Yankees, spending $228M/year, and the Miami Marlins, spending $39M/year. I'm hoping that there is a lot of misspent money in this recall, maybe Bloomberg could use a few Jeters and A-Rods...

HoCoShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2009
    Howard County
    The baseball analogy is spot-on. Just remember that the Marlins cracked the Yankees in 03.

:)

I'm really hoping for some momentum for our side, for a change.

TxAggie

Ultimate Member
    Feb 25, 2012
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    Remember, it's always the Libs and Antis saying "we must get the money out of politics."
    How about "You must be a registered victor or incorporated in the state to donate funds."

elwojo

File not found: M:/Liberty.exe
    Dec 23, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    The baseball analogy is spot-on. Just remember that the Marlins cracked the Yankees in 03.

:)

I'm really hoping for some momentum for our side, for a change.

My sentiments exactly. I'm not sure how many of you have friends on facebook who don't know the dirty ways of our liberal overlords, but posting something like I have in the first post of this may help open some eyes to the influences of big government and bigger corporations...

Docster

Ultimate Member
    Jul 19, 2010
    If the people really believe in 2A, then they won't get swayed no matter how many BS commercials Bloomberg runs in that state.

Like everywhere else...they get what they deserve.

:thumbsup: That's it in a nutshell. After losing Magpul and other businesses, and hearing what those 2 politicians have said, if they're allowed to remain then the citizens of Colorado have gotten what they deserve.

Hopalong

Man of Many Nicknames
    Jun 28, 2010
    Howard County
    I really like Reuters. They're usually pretty good at sticking to facts and presenting both sides of a story, if there are two sides to be told.

Too bad we can't get that in the American media. (Reuters is British.)

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Reuters Article

The NRA and other gun lobbies have been outspent in the Colorado election recall solely by two billionaires, NY's Bloomberg and LA's Eli Broad. In total spending, they are outspent 6:1. Democracy in action, right?

This isn't anything that will surprise us, but it's good to see a legitimate mainstream news source pointing out the truth every once in a while - even though you have to dig half-way through the article to get to the point.

Good luck to the people of Colorado, but this is like a 3-game run-off between the Yankees, spending $228M/year, and the Miami Marlins, spending $39M/year. I'm hoping that there is a lot of misspent money in this recall, maybe Bloomberg could use a few Jeters and A-Rods...

If money was all it took we would have lost by now.

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    This will be a huge black eye to gun grabbers if we can win despite being vastly outspent. I kind of just want them to not be re-elected to make a point that in this country money can't buy elections. The days of PACs and vast spending need to die.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Lived in Denver in the '80's, visited last summer for the first time in a long time. Walking on a downtown sidewalk early in the evening, passed two young women in their '20's very openly rolling and sharing a joint. No effort to conceal, unabashed.

WeaponsCollector

EXTREME GUN OWNER
    Mar 30, 2009
    Southern MD
    Lived in Denver in the '80's, visited last summer for the first time in a long time. Walking on a downtown sidewalk early in the evening, passed two young women in their '20's very openly rolling and sharing a joint. No effort to conceal, unabashed.

I've seen people in DC, Maryland, and NYC doing the exact same thing.
    I hope CO doesn't decide to trade one freedom(2A) for another(MJ).
    More freedoms are always better than less.

Kinetic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 4, 2013
    I think the polls close at 1930 MDT which would be 9:30 PM here.

Should be some results after that hour.

Benanov

PM Bomber
    May 15, 2013
    Shrewsbury, PA
    I really like Reuters. They're usually pretty good at sticking to facts and presenting both sides of a story, if there are two sides to be told.

Too bad we can't get that in the American media. (Reuters is British.)

Thomson Reuters is headquartered in NYC. Reuters may have been British, tho. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom