• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Got one this year; i have to say I’ve been pretty happy with it. Mine seems unmolested (for the most part) and the price was reasonable. It’s nice to have a piece of history and serve as a caretaker of it until the next generation can appreciate it.

If I were eligible for another this year I would grab one so I have another to pass on to my second son.
    Your wife is probably eligible. Then you have one to give your first son and she has one for the second. I understand the problem since I have two grandsons I want to treat equal.

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    Your wife is probably eligible. Then you have one to give your first son and she has one for the second. I understand the problem since I have two grandsons I want to treat equal.
    Thought about it. But my wife doesn’t have an HQL and has no intentions of getting one. Yet. (I’m working on her.)

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Thought about it. But my wife doesn’t have an HQL and has no intentions of getting one. Yet. (I’m working on her.)
    She doesn't need an HQL because they are all over 50 years old and exempt. My wife got one without an HQL just check with your FFL up front because some don't know the law.

And getting a handgun without the HQL nonsense is like giving the MGA a single finger salute!

Lafayette

Not that kind of doctor
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 8, 2021
    Maryland
    She doesn't need an HQL because they are all over 50 years old and exempt. My wife got one without an HQL just check with your FFL up front because some don't know the law.

And getting a handgun without the HQL nonsense is like giving the MGA a single finger salute!
    TOTALLY forgot about that. Love it!

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    I got one in Round 2 and I’ll likely be getting another. Yes, they’re mostly all refinished mix-masters but I appreciate the service history along with the fact that they are actually being offered for sale as opposed to destruction. Add to that anything CMP typically can resale for more than the participation price, especially once they run out, it’s really a no-lose purchase.

TwinTurbskis

professional amateur
    Jun 9, 2020
    Derwood, MD
    Just got mine in round 3, I'm very happy with it. I buy stuff like this because my infant son may not have the opportunity to when he's older. At least he'll have the option of inheriting dad's stuff!

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    I got one in Round 2 and I’ll likely be getting another. Yes, they’re mostly all refinished mix-masters but I appreciate the service history along with the fact that they are actually being offered for sale as opposed to destruction. Add to that anything CMP typically can resale for more than the participation price, especially once they run out, it’s really a no-lose purchase.
    Yes .

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Round 3 rack grade. I would buy another in a heartbeat. Probably try to snag a range grade next. If you don’t understand, that’s fine, leave them to us that do.

IMG_5001.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_4872.jpeg
      IMG_4872.jpeg
      270.6 KB · Views: 52

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    No, I didn't serve, and no, I don't understand keeping history, personally. I guess that's more the question, why spend money on a chance it would be related to you, and instead get a really nice one that not only reminds you of your service but also has value as a shooter.

My generation doesn't collect anything. I've been fighting against many attempts to fill my house with "history" from people you're age, who collected all this stuff, then just let it collect dust. Just having trouble wrapping my head around the nostalgia.

Fair enough . Leaves more for the rest of us .

Allen65

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 29, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    Looks like CMP ran the RNG this weekend to create the order sequence. I just got my new randomized order # for the new round of sales, 43764. Has anybody else received theirs yet, and what was your number? Based on CMP forums posts, it looks like the previous round ended at ~#40,500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom