• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ten75ice

Career Fire Fighter
    Mar 12, 2011
    Falling Waters, WV
    Looks like Western MD is starting to drink the cool aid. Talked to a guy yesterday that wears his empty holster, as a silent protest. He was in the mall in Hagerstown, and was cited by a Washington county sheriff. He didn't remember exactly what the citation was for, something to the extent of "public scare". Very concerning.

Trbo6gn

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    Harford Co.
    Looks like Western MD is starting to drink the cool aid. Talked to a guy yesterday that wears his empty holster, as a silent protest. He was in the mall in Hagerstown, and was cited by a Washington county sheriff. He didn't remember exactly what the citation was for, something to the extent of "public scare". Very concerning.

Sounds like a very reliable story:sad20:

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Can you please ask him for more details and what the citation says. Would be good to know what law is being broken by wearing a piece of plastic or leather, regardless of its shape. This is getting beyond ridiculous.

ten75ice

Career Fire Fighter
    Mar 12, 2011
    Falling Waters, WV
    Can you please ask him for more details and what the citation says. Would be good to know what law is being broken by wearing a piece of plastic or leather, regardless of its shape. This is getting beyond ridiculous.

I will try to catch up with him again, he didn't have the citation with him. He said he is going to go to court, and fight it.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Like to see more on this. In 25 years of law enforcement in this state don't seem to ever recall being given any "public scare" tickets to issue. :) Could be something local I guess. But in Washington County? There's got to be something more to this, if there is anything there at all.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    More details would be appreciated, even a copy of the citation would be interesting to see (private information redacted of course)

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    was it really empty holster? or did he have a blue gun or something else in it? was he being cocky about showing his holster?

so many questions..

Semper Noctem

Desk Rabbit
    Aug 9, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    ????

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
      untitled.jpg
      17.1 KB · Views: 1,429

ten75ice

Career Fire Fighter
    Mar 12, 2011
    Falling Waters, WV
    Like to see more on this. In 25 years of law enforcement in this state don't seem to ever recall being given any "public scare" tickets to issue. :) Could be something local I guess. But in Washington County? There's got to be something more to this, if there is anything there at all.

I don't know what citation was documented, but the story itself is legit. The only reason he said something to me, was to warn me, because he saw my empty holster.

ten75ice

Career Fire Fighter
    Mar 12, 2011
    Falling Waters, WV
    Apparently there is no confidence in the truth to this story. So I will go to his house, and see the thing personally. I don't understand why there would be any reason to make up a story like this. But i will see what I can do.

eventhorizon

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 12, 2011
    Arnold
    Apparently there is no confidence in the truth to this story. So I will go to his house, and see the thing personally. I don't understand why there would be any reason to make up a story like this. But i will see what I can do.

Normally I would question something like this, but given what's happening in this country right now I guess anything is possible. :sad20:

Dec 6, 2011
    No need to see the citiation. Just check the Maryland Judiciary Case Search. All you need is his name. I can't imagine what charge was used unless they have some goofy county/city ordnance.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013

I am not questioning the validity of the story. Just want to know what law is specifically being called out for the citation.

Oh, after the pop tart story, anything is believable....

HarCo2ANewb

Subibro
    Mar 24, 2011
    Elkridge
    More of due diligence on our parts, only thing our story would start with is "a friend of a guy who I met online said...." Whereas with more solid proof, we can be more confident in our own spreading of the word.

Mr H

Banana'd

Not that we don't believe something happened...

Details matter in something like this. There's usually more to these sorts of stories.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

Because One leo with 25 years experience chimed in never having heard of such a thing and other ones who read this who never have either. Also many long time MD resident gun owners looking at this like a dog bring shown a card trick.

Someone who gets written for such an absurd thing would know exactly what it was written for. Unless there was some extreme ordinance that passed up there recently. If it did, I'm sure everyone here would heard about it and we would have 50 pages of posts talking about it.

So I guess now all holster purchases there have to be concealed when walking out the store too probably :)

Sent from somewhere in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom