• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    Why, in heaven's holy name, can't these folks find someone...ANYONE who we can look at and listen to and say "...here is a person of character...I feel good about their integrity and values..."???

Instead we keep up the freak show merry go round of blighters, wenkers and fat, ignorant, untrustworthy sons of sea cooks whose moral terpitude can be approximated by a three balled tomcat. WTH? We are supposed to the the greatest country in the world. Surely we can find somebody with character to lead us... Just once in my adult lifetime, I'd like to feel really good about: who I vote for and who sits in the WhiteHouse.

Is that too much to ask???

pilotguy

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2009
    Woodstock, MD
    I don't see it happening, but if Christie somehow gets the nomination this go around, I will be voting Libertarian... again.

And you will be the reason that a Democrat who will appoint more anti 2A Supreme Court justices gets into the oval office and Heller gets overturned. I thought (wrongly) that libertarians would have learned from the last gubernatiroal election in Colorado where they caused Hickenlooper to win the election by siphoning enough votes from the republican candidate.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Enough is enough when it comes to the compromise of principals and I think a majority of Americas are starting to realize this.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    He wants to 'trim' not only 2A ...

Chris Christie: The entitlement reform candidate?

“Washington is afraid to have an honest conversation about Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid with the people of our country,” Christie said. “I am not.”

He'd better disarm us first because there are a few million ol' geezers (like me) who'd rather die in a hail of bullets than starve or suffer from debilitating disease that the gov'mnt death panels won't cover. Calling for cuts to those who can afford them is the equivalent of the DemocRAT message of 'tax the rich' ... except the gov'mnt determines who is rich or what gets cut, and once it starts it will never see an end.

Just like the bloated Federal gov'mnt, the bloated fat boy from NJ needs to be put on a permanent diet. And along with this scheme, trying to disarm We The People would be the quickest way for an unscheduled gastric bypass ... :sarcasm:

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Tragically, political figures' lives are so public and scrutinized, and the game has become so vicious and visceral, that most people of good character refuse to submit themselves and their families to it at the national level.

Then there are those who just don't care, and think (sometimes prove) that they have enough ego, money behind them, and can do enough favors once in power that it doesn't matter what they've done in the past -- it's the future that matters. For the children, of course.

Of course, the Left has also successfully peddled the line that it doesn't matter what an elected official does in his private life, so long as he is seen as serving the public good (i.e. the party). This rule applies only to Democrat politicians: Both parties expect higher standards of behavior from Republicans, and R's are all too willing to eat their own. Democrats, by contrast, are quick to rally around and defend their own.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Dem's can use Christie to exploit the rift between various members and factions of the R's. Play them against each other instead of against the dems.

joppaj

Sheepdog
    Staff member
    Apr 11, 2008
    MD
    Why, in heaven's holy name, can't these folks find someone...ANYONE who we can look at and listen to and say "...here is a person of character...I feel good about their integrity and values..."???

Instead we keep up the freak show merry go round of blighters, wenkers and fat, ignorant, untrustworthy sons of sea cooks whose moral terpitude can be approximated by a three balled tomcat. WTH? We are supposed to the the greatest country in the world. Surely we can find somebody with character to lead us... Just once in my adult lifetime, I'd like to feel really good about: who I vote for and who sits in the WhiteHouse.

I'm quoting this for two reasons. One, I absolutely agree with it. Two, this is my favorite sentence ever written on this board:
    Instead we keep up the freak show merry go round of blighters, wenkers and fat, ignorant, untrustworthy sons of sea cooks whose moral terpitude can be approximated by a three balled tomcat.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    Sarcasm ???

Christie is a Marxist for certain. Wants to steal my Social Security.

It's not a meter of 'stealing' anything. If you are forced to participate in a program with a promise of something in return, I'd say that it's the gov'mnt doing the stealing.

The SSI system was rigged from the start, but extensions, additions, modifications, and loans from Al Gore's 'lock box' has left it anemic at best. If something needs to be done to save it, start by removing those same extensions, additions, modifications, and paying back the 'loans' that greedy politicians have spent on frivolous perks in exchange for votes.

And then there's Medicare and Medicaid, or what I prefer to call ObamaCare lite. One charges you for substandard care, and the other provides substandard care for free ... even for non-citizens. Yet another feel-good gov'mnt program that could have been passed over in favor of the free-market healthcare system that served us well before those M&Ms melted in our hands.

Christie isn't even a RINO. He's a big government DemocRAT who can't seem to keep his hands off our guns or our money.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012

I felt that way about Romney and feel that way about Dr. Carson.

I find Christie as repulsive as Hillary.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Christie Is Served a Ribbing at New Hampshire Restaurant

Gov. Chris Christie of New Jersey encountered the splendorous spontaneity of the New Hampshire voter on Wednesday morning, when he approached a group of retirees having breakfast at a restaurant called Chez Vachon.

Mr. Christie is in town trying to revive his wheezing presidential chances, even as indictments are expected in the federal investigation into the lane closings at the George Washington Bridge, which turned out to have been ordered by the Republican governor’s aides and allies.

But when he unwittingly approached the “lawyers’ table” – so named by the restaurant’s staff members – Mr. Christie got caught in a minor tie-up of his own, with a couple of characters given to the sort of teasing fun-with-an-edge for which the governor has become famous.

Then Buck Mercier, 69, brought up gun control and made clear his distaste for new regulation.

Mr. Christie spoke of “balance” and assured him that “the only way it’s going to be taken away is if they amend the Constitution, which I don’t think they are going to do.”

Mr. Mercier, a hunter, seemed unenthusiastic.

Sounds like he's used to justifying infringements.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Christie Is Served a Ribbing at New Hampshire Restaurant

Sounds like he's used to justifying infringements.

I've said it once, I'll say it again, and I'll say it another 1,000,000 times....if Christie or Jeb is the nominee, I will vote for Hillary. (Okay, well, not Hillary, but definitely not either of those polished turds). I am not going to vote for the progressive slick bastards that look me in the eye, then stab me in the back. (Yes, I DID vote for Romney...and NO, I will not play this charade any more).

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    He must want Bloomberg money. Ironically, Bloomberg decreed (as King's do) that Jeb Bush was the most qualified person in the GOP that was running.

dgapilot

May 13, 2013
    Frederick County
    So, with the Dems are all about Hillary, and the Republicans not really having much to offer so far, how about this for an idea. The dems want the women vote, they want the black vote, they want the Hispanic vote and Hillary may be able to deliver a lot of that without a realistic alternative. How about Mia Love. She's a woman, she's black and of Haitian descent, she has been in the public eye long enough to be known, but not so long as to have a lot of baggage. Her web page says she is pro 2A for individual rights and self defense. Granted not a lot of experience, but with the right advisors she could overcome that. Anyone else that's thrown their hat in the ring has way too much baggage, and pretty much supports the "Old White Guy" party look.

Feb 28, 2013
    This from the Morris County manatee...

"We’ve got to make sure we have public safety, but on the other hand we have to protect people’s rights both as sportsmen and hunters and for self protection too, find the right balance,” Christie told a group of New Hampshire voters at Chez Vachon in Manchester, according to New Jersey newspaper The Record."

...Another idiot that thinks the 2A is all about hunting and shooting at orange disks.:tdown:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Chris Christie's great 2A two-step (aka waffling) begins

Did somebody say waffles?:yummy:

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

Just once in my adult lifetime, I'd like to feel really good about: who I vote for and who sits in the WhiteHouse.

And I'll quote this for my absolute agreement with the sentiment expressed.

Just once . . .

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom