• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TI-tick

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    MDS Supporter
    The thugs are finally going where the money is.

A lot of this looks like gratuitous vandalism, destruction because rich Honkies.

I can't say DC doesn't deserve it, but good luck trying to take back the unspoken Thug Privilege, now that it's gone Full Mainstream Up Yours!

If Obama had a son (as if, lol!) this is what he'd be doing. Defund the police, whine about reparations, keep the thugs out of jail, and let the animals burn your cities, and this is what you get.

Think it's bad now? Expect DC to change? You just wait . . .
    DC, Baltimore, SF, Sac, Seattle, Portland, and so on.
    Used to be travel destinations. Not so much now.
    And nobody's moving in there; high rents, crime, caca.
    Keep voting the same and eat the shit you made.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

How about a few undercover MPD officers wear Canada Goose jackets and go for a walk in Shaw/Columbia Heights?

Is this really that hard?
    So, Columbia Heights, Tenleytown, U street corridor. Coat yourself in thug bait and go for a stroll.

The AU kid thought this shouldn't be happening in the Tenleytown area. Personally, I believe it shouldn't be happening anywhere, but this is our Brave New World, brought to us by the Church of Progressiveness, as taught in our major (and minor) universities. He should say five Hail Floyds for his penance, and contemplate his sinfulness.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

Bowser holds firm: Caps and Wizards remain at Capital One Arena or DC will invest its $500M offer in new uses for the property

On Tuesday, DC Mayor Muriel Bowser affirmed that the $500 million offer to upgrade Capital One Arena is contingent on Monumental Sports & Entertainment keeping the Capitals and Wizards at the arena. If the teams move to Virginia, the $500 million will be put toward reusing the land in other ways, which could be up to and including a full redevelopment. Bowser opposes moving the Mystics out of Congress Heights and into Chinatown. (This article is behind a paywall.) (Tristan Navera / Business Journal)

LMAO....

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009

Bowser holds firm: Caps and Wizards remain at Capital One Arena or DC will invest its $500M offer in new uses for the property

On Tuesday, DC Mayor Muriel Bowser affirmed that the $500 million offer to upgrade Capital One Arena is contingent on Monumental Sports & Entertainment keeping the Capitals and Wizards at the arena. If the teams move to Virginia, the $500 million will be put toward reusing the land in other ways, which could be up to and including a full redevelopment. Bowser opposes moving the Mystics out of Congress Heights and into Chinatown. (This article is behind a paywall.) (Tristan Navera / Business Journal)

LMAO....

Well, that's just ducky.

The venue is going **** up because her policies have only encouraged crime in the area, and in fact encouraged crime spreading throughout the area.

So her solution is to basically abandon the area, creating more sleaze than already exists, while driving out the smaller businesses that helped the area to thrive.

It's not unlike rubbing excrement into a gaping festering wound.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Well, that's just ducky.

The venue is going **** up because her policies have only encouraged crime in the area, and in fact encouraged crime spreading throughout the area.

So her solution is to basically abandon the area, creating more sleaze than already exists, while driving out the smaller businesses that helped the area to thrive.

It's not unlike rubbing excrement into a gaping festering wound.

Very true.

I've written off Gallery Place entirely. Whenever I've had to go there I'm convinced some gang beef is going to pop off between crews hanging out around the Metro exits.

It doesn't matter what you put in the area if you don't establish control of these blocks.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    This is why, while you might have nice things, you can't count on keeping them.

DC Attorney General Schwalb, in the face of a 40% increase in violent crime and an 80% increase in carjacking, mostly armed, mostly by juveniles, has this to say:

“We as a city and a community need to be much more focused on prevention and surrounding young people and their families with resources if we want to be safer in the long run. We cannot prosecute and arrest our way out of it.”

Schwalb has previously come under fire for declining to prosecute several juvenile cases, leading to many of them becoming repeat offenders and escalating to more violent crimes.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

DC Attorney General Schwalb, in the face of a 40% increase in violent crime and an 80% increase in carjacking, mostly armed, mostly by juveniles, has this to say:

“We as a city and a community need to be much more focused on prevention and surrounding young people and their families with resources if we want to be safer in the long run. We cannot prosecute and arrest our way out of it.”

Schwalb has previously come under fire for declining to prosecute several juvenile cases, leading to many of them becoming repeat offenders and escalating to more violent crimes.

He sounds like he’s on bath salts.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

Upon further reflection:

"We cannot prosecute and arrest our way out of it.”

As dumb as saying we didn't fight our way out of WWII.

Wayne

Shrimper
    Oct 8, 2010
    Ala Freaking Bama
    That little jaunt the dude had the other day including 3-4 carjackings and 3-4 shootings started in the area and around the time I would have been walking to the bus if I was still working in the city.

I am so glad to be outta there.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    An update on the Dipping Sauce Stabbing at the McDonald's at 14th and U Street NW:

The defendant, also from Waldorf, was scheduled to go to trial Monday on a first-degree murder charge. But she made a deal with prosecutors, pleading guilty to voluntary manslaughter while armed and carrying a dangerous weapon. Juvenile court proceedings are not open to the public. The Washington Post was allowed to attend the girl’s hearings on the condition that her name not be published.

She is scheduled to be sentenced in D.C. Superior Court next month. As a juvenile, the maximum penalty she faces is confinement in a youth detention center until her 21st birthday.

She's 16. A 7.5 inch knife. JFC....

Update on the Dipping Sauce Stabbing:

WASHINGTON — A 16-year-old girl who pled guilty to stabbing another teenager to death outside of a D.C. McDonald’s last summer was given the maximum sentencing Wednesday afternoon.

A judge told the teen, who WUSA9 has agreed not to name, that she would remain in the custody of the Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services (DYRS) until her 21st birthday.

No wonder they don't fear the consequences. This is the maximum penalty as a Juvenile.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    WASHINGTON — A 16-year-old girl who pled guilty to stabbing another teenager to death outside of a D.C. McDonald’s last summer was given the maximum sentencing Wednesday afternoon.

A judge told the teen, who WUSA9 has agreed not to name, that she would remain in the custody of the Department of Youth Rehabilitation Services (DYRS) until her 21st birthday.

No wonder they don't fear the consequences. This is the maximum penalty as a Juvenile.

Well, it's always possible that they'll run up against an armed citizen, which may increase the maximum penalty to a more uncomfortable level, however briefly.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    Well, it's always possible that they'll run up against an armed citizen, which may increase the maximum penalty to a more uncomfortable level, however briefly.
    1706907042317.gif

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

A 2021-2022 review of Washington D.C.’s restorative justice program tracked 659 kids six months, nine months and a year after release. Eighteen percent were caught committing a new crime within six months, 26% reoffended within nine months, and 37% reoffended within a year. Yet, even with repeated arrests in some cases, juvenile accountability and rehabilitation remains elusive. Despite millions of dollars spent on restorative justice programs, a significant percentage of kids re-offend within months of release.

Worthless.

The "Restorative Justice Program" worked so well in DC that Arlington, VA is doing it:

Why should the outcome data be any different? Meet your future assailant.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    The "Restorative Justice Program" worked so well in DC that Arlington, VA is doing it:

Why should the outcome data be any different? Meet your future assailant.
    "Restorative Justice" seems to be failing, if 80% recidivism in a year is anywhere near accurate. Beyond that, the recidivists are only those who have been caught!

Either these kids are even more stupid than Biden believes, or the problem is far beyond the government's willingness or ability to quantify.

They'll have to come up with a new meaningless catchphrase for their catch-and-release system.

Meanwhile, I'm curious how many of these kids who were shot were shot in self-defense, and how many self-defense shooting were by carry permit holders?

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region
    "Restorative Justice" seems to be failing, if 80% recidivism in a year is anywhere near accurate. Beyond that, the recidivists are only those who have been caught!

Either these kids are even more stupid than Biden believes, or the problem is far beyond the government's willingness or ability to quantify.

They'll have to come up with a new meaningless catchphrase for their catch-and-release system.

Meanwhile, I'm curious how many of these kids who were shot were shot in self-defense, and how many self-defense shooting were by carry permit holders?

Good points here.

Restorative Justice is a giant grift for the providers involved.

These kids know they can get away with crimes while in this program. That's why they commit them while in it.

As for how many had carry permits.... You might be able to find out here: https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/pol/howdoI/records-request.html

Do a records request. My bet is that it was zero (or near zero), otherwise we would have heard about it just like we did for the DC CCW Carrier in the "Quiet and inquisitive scholar who loved fashion and football" incident.

"He is licensed to carry a concealed weapon, as well as he has a firearm registered with his home," Contee said Tuesday.

Sunrise

Ultimate Member
    Aug 18, 2020
    Capital Region

Christian Flores, Q: What role did the escalating D.C. crime have on the decision to move to Virginia?

Ted Leonsis, A: Very little. First, I believe in the mayor and that they're going to take very, very seriously the reimagination of D.C. I think the crime - city council, mayor, police force - they'll get it right. Big cities have a lot of crime. But I have called for an integrated look at how we will turn the city around. It's not just us. It has to be the mayor, the city council, the federal government, the teachers' union, the school system. It goes on and on. I see every part of the city through my work in philanthropy, through the work with my venture funds here, through Georgetown University. It's going to take a village to turn this around. I think the crime will get - as the new laws get rolled out, as the police force gets re-established and re-funded - I think crime will come down.

In his interview, Leonsis said the decision to move was not about concerns over rising crime around Capital One Arena.

“Much less than I think everyone is talking about,” Leonsis said. “I have faith in the city, and the mayor, and the city council, and the police that they're going to take this seriously.”

News4: What do you say to D.C. residents who feel like you're abandoning the teams that have been here for so long?

Leonsis: I understand, and we're going to be here for four or five more years, and the future is going to be fantastic. And we're three and a half miles away. I don't believe I'm abandoning D.C. That's probably something that maybe I misunderstood. And I've been asked, well, what about the small business owners here? They're not my constituency. My constituency are our fans, the players, the employees, the union workers–and they're all going to benefit dramatically.

He'll say crime was the main issue after he leaves DC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    illlocs33

Latest threads

Top Bottom