• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Looking for cheap, real deal functioning m1 garands. I don't care if they're replicas. Just want a legitimate, cheap M1. Or similar rifle. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    How about a cheap bolt action rifle then? Looking for something bigger than .22, reliable, and accurate. Also cheap

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    is cmp the only source for garands?

More or less. A few shops do modern rebuilds, but they're not worth the money.

It's also worth looking at Dupage Trading. They trade parts with CMP, and have guns to sell as well. They sell M1's for a little more than CMP sometimes, but without the wait. I remember a few months ago they had ones with pitted receivers for $500 I think.

Diesel-Dad

Jun 25, 2016
    HARFORD COUNTY
    More or less. A few shops do modern rebuilds, but they're not worth the money.

It's also worth looking at Dupage Trading. They trade parts with CMP, and have guns to sell as well. They sell M1's for a little more than CMP sometimes, but without the wait. I remember a few months ago they had ones with pitted receivers for $500 I think.

it looks like there is a lot of variety on cmp webpage but not much available last i was on the page. is that normal? do orders have to go through a local gun shop or can they ship to your home (i supose im asking if they are considered c&r, i dont know any thing about c&r rules)?

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    is cmp the only source for garands?

Not the only source just the best value for the money. Not much choice because they are running out. CMP is their own FFL with special permission to ship direct it is not under C&R rules but you need to qualify which is easier than it sounds. Lots of options for CMP affiliated clubs and many ways to qualify for firearms activity.

M1 Grand Service Grade $730 delivered to your door in a hard case.
    http://thecmp.org/cmp_sales/rifle_sales/m1-garand/

Looks like current shipments are taking about a month. Visit the CMP Forum for more information:
    http://forums.thecmp.org/index.php

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    it looks like there is a lot of variety on cmp webpage but not much available last i was on the page. is that normal? do orders have to go through a local gun shop or can they ship to your home (i supose im asking if they are considered c&r, i dont know any thing about c&r rules)?

They reopened mail order sales for Service Grade rifles not long ago.

The CMP operates outside of the FFL system, since they are chartered by law to do so. They send right to the shipping address you indicate on the order form and have notarized.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    I mean replicas as in non WW2 m1 garands. Not looking for a collector gun, I want the cheapest, fully functional m1

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I mean replicas as in non WW2 m1 garands. Not looking for a collector gun, I want the cheapest, fully functional m1

In fully functional M1 Garands cheap generally means worn out which will not be accurate or reliable. And a cheap Garand may not be cheap by your definition because when they are worn out people rebuild them so the unworn parts are valuable.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Moose, you seem a bit cryptic and in a hurry.

I'm surprised the crew is helping as much as they are.

Just an observation.

Yeah you know, just can't deal with my neighbors anymore.... But really? Not sure what your infering lol. I'm replying fast because i'm not doing anything, maybe its just my nature. Sorry if i've sketched you out

Yeah i'll check out the Mosin.

themoose06

Sep 11, 2016
    Yeah the Mosin Nagant looks like a great contender. I'll probably pick up one of them. Thanks for the help guys. I figured a garand would be good, but they're too much for my tastes and budget right now. Thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom