• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Udon

Dec 2, 2012
    Columbia
    Could anyone that went to the gun show kindly post the average price of ammo in different cal and price of the PMAG?

Thanks much.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Dumb question: if I happen to see a MD unregulated firearm that I might be interested in purchasing there.. As a MD resident purchasing in Va, is it still a simple NICS call and cash n carry?

*** It is impossible to legislate evil away. What's amazing is that liberals are willing to die trying.***

Trey

Aug 20, 2008
    Silver Spring, MD
    Yes, but some VA dealers just refuse to sell to MD residents because they don't want to deal with having to know MD laws. Be sure you ask before you make any decisions. If Accurate Pawn & Tackle is there, you can work out a transfer for a regulated item to his MD FFL by going and having a talk with him.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    lots of guns and ammo. didn't really look at guns, but ammo was still way overpriced. for example, plain ol' .45 fmj was $30-40 and 9mm was $20-30.

did see a table that said ten 30 round pmags for $150.

glocks were $550 - 600 for the gen 4s.

wiseguy813

Jul 11, 2011
    Lexington Park, MD
    lots of guns and ammo. didn't really look at guns, but ammo was still way overpriced. for example, plain ol' .45 fmj was $30-40 and 9mm was $20-30.

Any tables have powder reasonably priced?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

GoGoGadget

Deplorable Member
    Mar 10, 2011
    A.A.Co. and Carteret Co. NC

Thanks for posting this. :thumbsup:

I was going to head down this afternoon and try my luck, but I'll save the time and gas.....

Good luck to all that venture to Chantilly!

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Just returned from Chantilly. Compared to Philly a few weeks ago, and the February Chantilly show, I noted 5.56x45 has dropped a bit, running around 80 cents per round. Before they were closer to $1 per. Still no 22LR except one vendor who was selling CCI Mini Mags for $20 per box of 100. Before Thanksgiving, I snagged those at Wally World for about $6.67 per box. So there you go. Much more of the ammo was steel case stuff from Tula and Wolf. Less brass cased ammo. Nearly no PMC. One vendor said the South Koreans were keeping all they make at home because North Korea is going nuts right now.

Generally, 7.62x51 and .308 were going out the door at $1 per round.

AR's are in the $1200 range, a little under what they were in Philly last month. Sorry I have no pistol report. I'm not in the market.

JohnnyE

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 18, 2013
    MoCo
    Oh yeah, 30 rd Gen 2 PMags were $20. Gen 3's were $25-30. Glock mags between $35 for lo-capacity mags, and $50 and up for standard capacity mags. Saw some 60 round Surefire 5.56 mags for...$200 each. YIKES, and Ruger 10/22 BX-25 mags for $69.95. Wow!

atblis

Ultimate Member
    May 23, 2010
    Can't comment on ammo.

Saw a table full of Tula primers for $30/1k.

One of the bigger dealers had piles of DPMS AR15s for $800. Plenty of AR15 parts to be had. Bolts are still high, but well under $200.

Lots of nice stuff around. Prices are high, but nobody can claim stuff isn't around. I think prices will be coming down slowly but surely. Thank god for the internet.

splatt

Apr 5, 2013
    Eastern Shore
    Can't comment on ammo.

Saw a table full of Tula primers for $30/1k.

One of the bigger dealers had piles of DPMS AR15s for $800. Plenty of AR15 parts to be had. Bolts are still high, but well under $200.

Lots of nice stuff around. Prices are high, but nobody can claim stuff isn't around. I think prices will be coming down slowly but surely. Thank god for the internet.

At least there are some primers.
    Will be down there tomorrow am.

Dan44

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 5, 2008
    Pmag gen2 lowest I saw was $18. I found what I was looking for all at online prices. Plenty of mags of all types. I got a couple of extra ASC 5.45 mags at $20 each, not too bad. The earlier opening at 1pm helped with no lines when I arrived at 2:30p

pakman916

Apr 23, 2011
    MoCo, MD
    I was at the show today. Here are my observations:

Ammo: Prices are coming down, but still not great. If you don't mind paying a slight premium to pre-scare prices, then you should be happy. Personally, it was still outside of my comfort range. For example, I think .223/5.56 was in the .30 range pre-scare. Then it was over $1 post-Newtown. I think it's around .80 cents? I saw the 420 round Federal XM855 cans selling for $340. Everything else follows the same pattern. Ammo is cheaper if you can find it at Walmart.

PMags: As others have stated, 30 Round MOE PMags Gen 2 were selling around $20 on average. Here's an inside tip. There's a vendor towards the right side of the convention center (When you walk into the convention center, walk towards the middle of the building, then turn right. She's about 2 isles away from the right wall.) Anyway, she had the best prices and the largest stock of Pmags. 36 cases or something like that. Anyway, her normal prices were about the same as everyone else, but her bulk prices make everything better.

30rnd Gen2 MOE (window/non-window) $18 or $150 for 10.
    30rnd Gen3 (window/non-window) $25 or $200 for 10.
    20rnd Gen3 $25 or $100 for 5.
    10rnd Gen3 $25 or $100 for 5.

Still not "awesome" but all things considered, the best at the show.

AR-15: I was at the last show and all they had with regards to ARs were Mossburgs and DPMS. This time...they had tons of different brands. Some were below the $1000 mark. Remember back in January where you couldn't find an AR for under $1500-$2000? Well...signs that prices are stabilizing.

Everything else appeared to be the same. Lots of Mini-14s, Shotguns, and things you may not have seen at the last show. My guess things will only get better from here on out.

If you go to the PMag booth, tell the lady the Asian guy that was trying to haggle with her on Friday sent you. I think she thinks I was trying to be slick with her because when I finally made a decision to buy mags, I bought them from the other guy working with her. But the truth is, she was with someone else and the other guy just happened to be standing in front of me. She made a comment to me later on as if I tried to pull a fast one on them. Anyway, she's really nice...i think she's a New Yorker.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Bought some WPA 5.56 for $225.00 per 500 . Bought a Tavor and a Weatherby shot gun. The Mag guy from TX Prices were very high !! The old couple from OH that sell alot of mags and AR parts were no where to be found ?? Mark at Precission Firearms was busy .But will say crouds were down as compared to the last 3 events. Also became a NRA Life member :-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Charles of the Manor

Latest threads

Top Bottom