• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    You'll probably have a big interrogation session why you have a 2x4 without a contractors license/no county building permit for an ongoing project, tho.

You're screwed.

mumfrey

Nov 16, 2017
    Northern Balt Co
    How about a prohibited person uses the pistol from an injured Samaritan or cop to defend that person from deadly threat? LOL what now? Does he go to the pokey for possession?

That would be a tricky situation for sure. I think that really depends on the prosecutor and the political landscape on that given day. You have to remember, this is MD....

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Nothing is illegal for an illegal. Not even first degree murder.
    A murder can't be documented if committed by an undocumented person because they are undocumented and therefore don't exist so it's like the murder never happened. Yet somehow when an illegal gets murdered everything is documented... Head scratcher.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    How about a prohibited person uses the pistol from an injured Samaritan or cop to defend that person from deadly threat? LOL what now? Does he go to the pokey for possession?

NO. given the animosity you have given me over the course of theses forums, i am astounded that i know something you don't. :lol2:

it is lawful to break the law, if the law broken, can only reduce the severity of crime being perpetrated against another innocent person. BLACKS LAW DICTIONARY, look it up. damn, i new something blaster229 didn't! :sad20:

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Charged with what? Sued why?
    If the shoot was good, you think they'll go after carrying without a permit?

What if you defending a life using a shovel?
    Would that be a bad use of deadly force? So it's not a good threat stop and you get charged with manslaughter?

You either have forgotten or haven't heard of the Pinkerton case - put on trial for murder for self-defense of his life while in his own house.

Put nothing above a prosecutor looking to win an election.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

May 13, 2005
    it is lawful to break the law, if the law broken, can only reduce the severity of crime being perpetrated against another innocent person. BLACKS LAW DICTIONARY, look it up. damn, i new something blaster229 didn't! :sad20:

So then it is okay to illegally carry a pistol without a permit, as long as when you use it, you are stopping a crime that is more severe than illegally carrying a gun Lol ;)

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017

Attachments

• mancrush.jpg
      mancrush.jpg
      36.1 KB · Views: 260

mumfrey

Nov 16, 2017
    Northern Balt Co
    You either have forgotten or haven't heard of the Pinkerton case - put on trial for murder for self-defense of his life while in his own house.

Exactly! Especially in MD, NEVER assume that the system is your friend. EVER

mumfrey

Nov 16, 2017
    Northern Balt Co
    So then it is okay to illegally carry a pistol without a permit, as long as when you use it, you are stopping a crime that is more severe than illegally carrying a gun Lol ;)

I've never heard of such. If someone can provide past cases I'd be quite intrigued, and happily enlightened...Dude, this is MD, they would salivate all over you if they found your weapon in a traffic stop, or wherever...unless of course you are an oppressed minority....

Last edited:

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    NO. given the animosity you have given me over the course of theses forums, i am astounded that i know something you don't. 2:

Well, does one really know something if they have to copy and paste it from the Internet? ;)
    I was making a little fun with the prohibited person post, because what if-ing could do in all day with scenarios.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie

This conversation has nothing to do with the Payton Place home defense scenario that Pinkerton was.

Cut and dry, easy self defense case of one's self or third party defense, without a permit, I don't think anyone will get charged with carrying without a permit.

Last edited:

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    This conversation has nothing to do with the Payton Place home defense scenario that Pinkerton was.

Cut and dry, easy self defense case of one's self or third party defense, without a permit, I don't think anyone will get charged with carrying without a permit.

Not the ideal case, but here’s another.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...20620_1_carry-permit-keyna-oduyoye-gun-owners

Even if she didn’t shoot at all, I think it’s a safe bet she’d still be charged.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD

I cite that case simply to back up my claim that one can be charged by an overzealous prosecutor, no matter the circumstances.

Perhaps the Walker case is more fitting...

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    She didn't use deadly force against deadly force. Hell, all they know she was there to rob them.

The men who attacked Oduyoye and her boyfriend escaped with $4,000 but left behind a black hat, scattered bills and a revolver, police said. Police are searching for the two men

Bet if you saw the revolver they'd been ventilated..

3rdRcn

RIP
    Industry Partner
    Sep 9, 2007
    Harford County
    I know everyone here is law abiding to a fault, but if you know of someone wanting to carry a gun without the permission of our "lawmakers" in the form of a PERMIT, please advise them not to do so. Illegal possession of a handgun is a class two misdemeanor, and could carry a sentence from two years to ten years in prison. As well, if the "charged" party does no time, but is found guilty of the charge as applied, they then become PROHIBITED PERSONS.

I had a four hour talk with a city prosecutor today, folks, buckle your seat belts.

You should change your screen name to captain obvious.:D

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    I know everyone here is law abiding to a fault, but if you know of someone wanting to carry a gun without the permission of our "lawmakers" in the form of a PERMIT, please advise them not to do so. Illegal possession of a handgun is a class two misdemeanor, and could carry a sentence from two years to ten years in prison. As well, if the "charged" party does no time, but is found guilty of the charge as applied, they then become PROHIBITED PERSONS.

I had a four hour talk with a city prosecutor today, folks, buckle your seat belts.

I'm sure that was taxpayer's money well spent..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom