• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    BUT, before Texas went Shall Issue , illegal carry was a non-Prohibiting misdemeanor. And from first hand accounts of Texans from that era was not uncommon , and outside of certain big cities would not uncommonly be overlooked for non- criminal or non-stupid citizens.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    What?! My pocket constitution is my permit!!

:sarcasm:

I am told that offers can easily distinguish legal permit holster from thugs, as thugs use duct tape or rubber bands - while legal permit holders have proper holster and pants around their waist (not ass). :innocent0:

More seriously, don't illegally carry. Yes they will prosecute you because you make a great headline. "Paranoid Alt-right suburban NRA member busted for illegally carrying." Prosecuting a thug with a rap sheet only highlights other deficiencies.

absolutely this. must hide the systemic failure. what better gift than white suburban NRA member busted... squirrel...

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    Free people should not fear their government.

sadly we do. isn't it funny that conservatives and patriots are always on the defense? meaning we obey laws and standard operating procedures. We obey and fear breaking the law.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    I'll just leave this here as a point of reflection....

"One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws."
    Martin Luther King, Jr.
    He didn't mean us...you and me.

More importantly, and likely more correct, his "proponents" would interpret that he didn't mean us (you and me) nor did he mean the Second Amendment if the Constitution of the United States of America.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    I won't attempt to mindread MLR from the grave on this point . I will observe MLR did apply for a ccw for himself .

But in pragmatic results , using a defense of " I thought it was my moral duty to break the law " , will get about the same traction as " the Constitution is my Permit " .

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I won't attempt to mindread MLR from the grave on this point . I will observe MLR did apply for a ccw for himself .

But in pragmatic results , using a defense of " I thought it was my moral duty to break the law " , will get about the same traction as " the Constitution is my Permit " .
    Both would work just fine for anyone who understands concealed means concealed. Not advocating it, but I am certain many carry every day with no permit and never get caught, because they aren't stupid...

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    This is where that delete button is necessary I asked about........you post something then realize there is no point in arguing on the internet

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    I'll just leave this here as a point of reflection....

"One has not only a legal but a moral responsibility to obey just laws. Conversely, one has a moral responsibility to disobey unjust laws."
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

I agree with Dr. King however would point out that if you are going to decide what is just and unjust be ready to serve the time if not everyone agrees with you.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Both would work just fine for anyone who understands concealed means concealed. Not advocating it, but I am certain many carry every day with no permit and never get caught, because they aren't stupid...

Know a few stupid that never got caught too. Then again, today isn't the 1980's-90's. I knew guys getting pulled over taking sobriety tests, walk the line, alphabet etc, with an eight ball in one pocket and a gun in the other. Today cops are much more hands on. If Live PD is for real, it looks like every person they give a drunk test to gets every pocket searched first.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    This is where that delete button is necessary I asked about........you post something then realize there is no point in arguing on the internet

so some here say my posts are "head scratchers". this one quote has me scratching my head. how does one argue on the internet?

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Know a few stupid that never got caught too. Then again, today isn't the 1980's-90's. I knew guys getting pulled over taking sobriety tests, walk the line, alphabet etc, with an eight ball in one pocket and a gun in the other. Today cops are much more hands on. If Live PD is for real, it looks like every person they give a drunk test to gets every pocket searched first.
    The idea is not to commit violations that cause contact with law enforcement in the first place. There many folks who have gone twenty or thirty years without ever being pulled over.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I know everyone here is law abiding to a fault, but if you know of someone wanting to carry a gun without the permission of our "lawmakers" in the form of a PERMIT, please advise them not to do so. Illegal possession of a handgun is a class two misdemeanor, and could carry a sentence from two years to ten years in prison. As well, if the "charged" party does no time, but is found guilty of the charge as applied, they then become PROHIBITED PERSONS.

I had a four hour talk with a city prosecutor today, folks, buckle your seat belts.

Yea! Right. There is no equality or justice under Maryland Law.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ha-radee-prince-20171018-story.html

Radee L. Prince also had run-ins with law enforcement in Maryland. In March 2015, he was pulled over in Cecil County for driving with his front headlight out, and “began getting extremely loud and aggressive,” according to court records.

Prince would not stop screaming, according to the statement of the sheriff’s deputy at the car stop, and his vehicle was searched. A black pistol was allegedly found beneath the center console, and he was charged with multiple handgun violations.
    However, those charges were dropped by Cecil County prosecutors about three months later.

Interim Cecil County state’s attorney Steven Trostle declined to comment Wednesday on why the 2015 gun charges against Prince were dropped. He said he had “been made aware” of

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    Yea! Right. There is no equality or justice under Maryland Law.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/maryland/crime/bs-md-ha-radee-prince-20171018-story.html

Radee L. Prince also had run-ins with law enforcement in Maryland. In March 2015, he was pulled over in Cecil County for driving with his front headlight out, and “began getting extremely loud and aggressive,” according to court records.

Prince would not stop screaming, according to the statement of the sheriff’s deputy at the car stop, and his vehicle was searched. A black pistol was allegedly found beneath the center console, and he was charged with multiple handgun violations.
    However, those charges were dropped by Cecil County prosecutors about three months later.

Interim Cecil County state’s attorney Steven Trostle declined to comment Wednesday on why the 2015 gun charges against Prince were dropped. He said he had “been made aware” of
    "...gun charges against Prince were dropped..." "...no equality or justice under Maryland Law." :shrug: whats the point?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Noha

Latest threads

Top Bottom