• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    The stuffs to expensive for me not to look at it first. I also want to verify some stuff. I wish they would have provided better descriptions. One pic and a few words just aren't enough.

elwojo

File not found: M:/Liberty.exe
    Dec 23, 2012
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Wow - some of those lots (especially the mislabeled Lot 130) really got out of control. $480 + 19% ($571!) for an SKS?! I hope she's in amazing condition!!

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Wow - some of those lots (especially the mislabeled Lot 130) really got out of control. $480 + 19% ($571!) for an SKS?! I hope she's in amazing condition!!

Same thing I thought, BUT if it happens to be all matching 1949 or a izzy, then they still did good. Did anyone go look at them? I took a chance on one. Guess we will see if I end up with a $400 turd.
    Also I believe I read it right, I should be picking up Thursday between 1-6 at 805 high street. Chestertown.

Anyone else bid tht wants to roll with me?

winterfaust

Large Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Carroll County
    Same thing I thought, BUT if it happens to be all matching 1949 or a izzy, then they still did good. Did anyone go look at them? I took a chance on one. Guess we will see if I end up with a $400 turd.
    Also I believe I read it right, I should be picking up Thursday between 1-6 at 805 high street. Chestertown.

Anyone else bid tht wants to roll with me?

Chance of that is slim. I think quite a few were out of control... However I do think there were a few that got great deals...#157 The Egyptian Hakim with #158 its bayonet. #183 The SVT 40... there were a few others, maybe they will have a second auction to sell the rest :innocent0

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Chance of that is slim. I think quite a few were out of control... However I do think there were a few that got great deals...#157 The Egyptian Hakim with #158 its bayonet. #183 The SVT 40... there were a few others, maybe they will have a second auction to sell the rest :innocent0

none of those were really deals once you factor in 13% buyers premium and tax and transfer.
    Keep in mind unless you looked first, that both f them shoot corrosive ammo. Which means all said and done the Svt 40 could be a 1000$ rifle with a crappy bore.
    The hakim after all said and done will low to mid 400 i believe which is on par with normal prices.
    I bid on the bayonet, but once it passed 60.00 I was done cause I know one day I'll find one at a gun show for 50-75 bucks.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Some nice stuff, but some of those "minimum" prices are laughable. Remember to add 19% for buyers rip & tax + the FFL transfer fees.

I doubt anything will go unsold, but a very few may just squeak past.

80 of 208 didn't get any bids = 38%
    61 of 208 only got one bid = 29%
    So only 33% of items generated interest from more than one person:(

Pretty disastrous auction results compared to all the auctions (live and online) I've participated in. I think the starting prices were so high many people (like me) didn't even bother 'going'. Low interest = low sales.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I took the Nambu Type 14 for $410. I thought that was fair at $500 once you add in the premiums. The PSL went for $700, the starting price, so $840-ish after premium. But I agree the majority of the starting prices were to high. From my list, the Nambu was the only one I was comfortable bidding on.

nobis1

Aug 5, 2012
    80 of 208 didn't get any bids = 38%
    61 of 208 only got one bid = 29%
    So only 33% of items generated interest from more than one person:(

Pretty disastrous auction results compared to all the auctions (live and online) I've participated in. I think the starting prices were so high many people (like me) didn't even bother 'going'. Low interest = low sales.

Interesting stats. I also thought the prices were high on many items, especially given the limited information, so I only bid on one item and only considered a few others.

The bidding on the Russian SKS was crazy when you figure the buyer premium, tax and having to pick up/ship. I bid early, but when the price rose beyond a value buy, I pulled out. Hard to bid on something like that sight unseen.

The price on the actual M38 was decent - $135. I considered bidding, but I could not bring myself to bid on a rifle that used corrosive ammo without more information on the bore.

I think that this auction also could have done better with at least a write up explaining the condition, year made etc. Additional pictures also would have helped.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I wonder how much everything ended up going for.
    the ones mentioned above..
    Svt 40 rifle."... 839.00 + 13%+.06tax+ 35.00 transfer..
    Hakim rifle .330.00+ 13%+.06tax+ 35.00 transfer..
    hakim bayonet.. 62.00+ ^^^^^^^

My rifle( hungarian M43 or german g98/40)
    I'm hoping it's decent, it's def worth the price of a German capture k98 assuming it doesn't have something major wrong with it. I thinking it wont just because this guy had quality stuff, he was obviously a collector, not just your hillbilly gun guy. You don't get that many 1903's and a few other select items for nothing.
    Now, let's hope my rifle is matching and nazi marked! If so. I did very very well. There were 7 bids but the guy who was bidding the mos had already won like 4-5 things, so I'm thinking he was not about to get into a bidding war. Long as it is decent and shootable, I did good. If there is Big holes in the receiver , then you will hear me crying on the way home. :lol2:

A example like these is best case scenario

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/91399...allwarren-wwii-nazi-german-jhv-43-g98-40-1943

http://shop.pre98.com/product.sc?productId=1281&categoryId=1

Last edited:

nobis1

Aug 5, 2012
    Congrats on that one. I considered bidding on that too. Hope you get a good one.

the ones mentioned above..
    Svt 40 rifle."... 839.00 + 13%+.06tax+ 35.00 transfer..
    Hakim rifle .330.00+ 13%+.06tax+ 35.00 transfer..
    hakim bayonet.. 62.00+ ^^^^^^^

My rifle( hungarian M43 or german g98/40)
    I'm hoping it's decent, it's def worth the price of a k98 assuming it doesn't have something major wrong with it. I thinking it wont just because this guy had quality stuff, he was obviously a collector, not just your hillbilly gun guy. You don't get that many 1903's and a few other select items for nothing.
    Now, let's hope my rifle is matching and nazi marked! If so. I did very very well. There were 7 bids but the guy who was bidding the mos had already won like 4-5 things, so I'm thinking he was not about to get into a bidding war. Long as it is decent and shootable, I did good. If there is Big holes in the receiver , then you will hear me crying on the way home. :lol2:

A example like these is best case scenario

http://www.gunauction.com/buy/91399...allwarren-wwii-nazi-german-jhv-43-g98-40-1943

http://shop.pre98.com/product.sc?productId=1281&categoryId=1

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Thanks, I appruciate the luck.
    For anyone that has To go down tomorrow. I'm planning on leaving here(Severn 21144) round noon. (pick up is 1-6)If you want to throw me a few bucks, I'll be taking my f150 crew cab. Got room enough for 5.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I thought the pickup tomorrow was just for non-firearms? All the firearms you needed to setup an appointment with their FFL.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    The way I read t was that if it was a regulated item then it was going to g through Fred's shop.?

Where did you read non firearms? Lady on phone told me that Fred would be at that address tomorrow. 805 high st

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    I thought the pickup tomorrow was just for non-firearms? All the firearms you needed to setup an appointment with their FFL.

Edit... Just got off the phone with a guy who knows what he is talking about

Fred will be handling ALL transfers now and from his shop. He will be getting the guns tomorrow and moving them from that time. So no firearms transfers tomorrow at all is my belief.

They had originally planned to have a C&R holder take care of all the long guns but the ATF said no can do. So now Fred will handle all. ( this is why I had confusion as the website said the Ffl 03 would be taking care of long guns and anything regulated was goings to freds)

Anyone who purchased a firearm will indeed have t make a appointment with Fred.

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    The ones that don't have a price, I wonder if they never got bids?

Correct, no bids on a bunch of stuff. 03a3's starting at 600 to 800, not too many will tke a Chance when they are already at the lower end of a normal price. 600 would yield another 100 in fees on top.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom