• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    There is a button called caps lock on your keyboard. It appears to be stuck.
    Lol. Yea, that was pretty loud. :)
    You don’t see a lot of folks typing with Caps Lock anymore, so it is a little startling WHEN YOU SEE IT.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    I agree that the splines don't look right to be a .22, plus there doesn't appear to be evidence of the heel. I thought it was too long also, so I pulled one that turned out to be longer than I thought. However, allowing for the missing heel and point...I'd say the mystery slug is still too long. .22 WMR lead bullets do exist, and would not have a heel. They come in heavier weights (I can see 45 gr online, and I'm pretty sure I've had some that were 50 gr), so that would give the length...but the splines still don't look right (or like they've been through a barrel).

The bolts/screws mentioned seem to be called "rib neck," which look like a possibility...
    c2w9MQ

...but the head would have to have been ground off...:shrug:

Quite a mystery.

Art3

Eqinsu Ocha
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2015
    Harford County
    Well...maybe I'm not so sure about my length arguments :tap: I still don't think the splined section looks exactly right, but my understanding of .22lr, until now, did not include Aguila 60 gr sniper subsonic:
    135961.jpg

Uncle Duke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 2, 2013
    Not Far Enough from the City
    Right church, wrong pew.

Definitely not a 22lr bullet in OP's tread.

22lr uses what are called heeled bullets, or heel base bullets. That is, the bullet base is smaller in diameter, and the smaller bullet base is inserted into the cartridge case. The result is a bullet diameter the same as the outside cartridge case diameter.

Well...maybe I'm not so sure about my length arguments :tap: I still don't think the splined section looks exactly right, but my understanding of .22lr, until now, did not include Aguila 60 gr sniper subsonic:
    135961.jpg

Here's a better picture, note removed bullet standing on end.

Attachments

• norma-22lr-subsonic-ammunition_1_700_400_84_int_c1.jpg
      norma-22lr-subsonic-ammunition_1_700_400_84_int_c1.jpg
      17.7 KB · Views: 62

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Doesn't look to be a bullet, but I was taking the shop trash down to the dumpster one day and found a spent 9mm case on the way(I'm always scanning for screws and nails). Middle of Rockville, around the corner from United Guns(no, I'm not saying that was the origin).

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    It's a locating pin/stud/dowel. Used to line up two sections of machinery before bolting together.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom