• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    People OC in VA and several other states every day. They do it in public spaces (because it's legal). If they can OC in public where it's legal, we can OC on our private property where it's legal. My personal opinion is that there's nothing to fear but fear itself.

A photo of your holstered pistol shown to a LEO by an idiotic neighbor as justification for why they called 911 should have your neighbor receiving a warning or citation for calling about a false emergency (someone can correct my terminology). I'm pretty sure the police don't like it when people waste their time, right? A photo of you minding your own business mowing your lawn is not going to convince anyone that you were brandishing anything.

Once I settle on my townhouse (and check with a lawyer regarding where "my" property begins and ends because condo townhouses have abnormal arrangements), I will absolutely open carry on my deck while I'm barbecuing just because I can and because I couldn't at my apartment. If any of my neighbors have an aneurism over it, so much the better.

It isn't about the legalities. It is about the inconveniences and many cops not knowing the laws and having asshat neighbors that do not know the law. If I knew I could go 24 hours without a neighbor calling the cops because I have gun on my hip I would do it everyday the minute I got home from work. But after a panicked neighbor called the cops about me cleaning my ARs on my patio I really do not have the patience to deal witht he cops everyday.

2AHokie

Dec 27, 2012
    District - 9A
    It isn't about the legalities. It is about the inconveniences and many cops not knowing the laws and having asshat neighbors that do not know the law. If I knew I could go 24 hours without a neighbor calling the cops because I have gun on my hip I would do it everyday the minute I got home from work. But after a panicked neighbor called the cops about me cleaning my ARs on my patio I really do not have the patience to deal witht he cops everyday.

To each their own.

In your case, I suspect the cops would have little patience for a repeat caller constantly calling about the non-emergency of seeing a holstered firearm carried safely and legally. Maybe I'm wrong, but I suspect cops have much better things to do.

I'm a spiteful person and if any of my neighbors responded like yours, it would only encourage me to legally have my firearms in plain site as much as possible. I'd gladly be the catalyst that gets them in trouble for making false reports. It might even be possible to file a civil suit for harassment. Nothing would be better than them having to pay me so that I could enhance my collection. But that's just me.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    To each their own.

In your case, I suspect the cops would have little patience for a repeat caller constantly calling about the non-emergency of seeing a holstered firearm carried safely and legally. Maybe I'm wrong, but I suspect cops have much better things to do.

I'm a spiteful person and if any of my neighbors responded like yours, it would only encourage me to legally have my firearms in plain site as much as possible. I'd gladly be the catalyst that gets them in trouble for making false reports. It might even be possible to file a civil suit for harassment. Nothing would be better than them having to pay me so that I could enhance my collection. But that's just me.
    I like the cut of your jib.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom