• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jrumann59

DILLIGAF
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 17, 2011
    My neighbor called the cops because I was cleaning the ARs and MP5 .22lr on my patio. I know my rights but when you are being grilled by 3 deputies that are 25 and one that is in his 40s for 30 minutes it can be disconcerting.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Unless you are just sitting on the deck or porch, how comfy is it while you are doing yard work? Not very. It's just a get-in-the-way.
    Why champion a cause for something that is already legal and you can do? This idea would not become contagious through the neighborhood.

And depending on the neighborhood, what makes you think some thug wouldn't say you didn't threatened, etc.... And start a shoot out with you?

People have to really curb their 2A enthusiasm and channel it into legitimate cheering for the cause and think about exactly how an OC protest could affect them physically.
    Keep it covered. Unless you live out on some serious acreage.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Why do you think people would be trigger happy? If Maryland ever starts issuing ccw permits to the average joe do you think people will just go trigger happy then?

Let me put it this way.. as the second in command said.. "just get a shotgun.. you hear noise.. shot couple rounds through the window.. and you'll be safe. ". Lol

Moon

M-O-O-N, that spells...
    Jan 4, 2013
    In Orbit
    I don't think it's a good idea. It would probably cause more complaints than compliments.

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I carry on my property however I want. . . concealed or open depends on my mood and what I am doing. Sometimes I appendix (how I carry out and about) but if I am doing hard yard work I carry at 3 oclock outside the waist band and let my tshirt cover it (or not).

hvymax

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 19, 2010
    Dentsville District 28

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    i dont understand the problem with it. maybe its a urban rural thing but in southern md i assume everyone is armed when they are at home or on their farms or property. i carry at home and when i farm i always have 2 firearms with me, at all times. one for pests and one for varmits.

L0gic

Ultimate Member
    Mar 2, 2013
    He is doing 45 years for being an entitled psycho.
    True, but the scenario could be the same if you live next door to an anti-gunner and they call the police and claim you threatened him with your sidearm and he shows police photos of you in your yard just carrying it holstered. At the very least it is going to inconvenience your day.

i dont understand the problem with it. maybe its a urban rural thing but in southern md i assume everyone is armed when they are at home or on their farms or property. i carry at home and when i farm i always have 2 firearms with me, at all times. one for pests and one for varmits.
    I share your freedom. I have a shooting range in my backyard (several acres worth) and am clearing a path to test the range of my bolt rifle. If anyone is walking around my property at night, they will have been on camera since they walked off the street. I'll be prepared for them, they will not be prepared for me :mad54:

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    Well, since you started this. I was OC'ing on my property the other day as we have a groundhog that is trying to get into the wifes chicken coop and I had seen him near the wood line. So I was walking around with my .45 in it's holster. My shirt was covering it but only about 1/2 way when lo and behold who rolls up the driveway? A MoCo police officer in his plain black charger. Drug and Firearm task force car. He gets out, comes over, says hi, introduces himself and tells me about a case he is working on and was given my name as I live across from the suspect. We chatted for awhile and he NEVER said a word but I know he noticed because before he left he asked me what I was carrying. I showed him my stainless Ruger Vacquero to which he said "nice gun". We talked firearms for awhile he said we should get together and go shooting sometime as he just lives a mile away.

Tashtego

Jan 6, 2013
    If neighbors saw someone open carry in their yard in the white liberal urban neighborhood where I live all hell would break loose.

cmecha

Feb 10, 2009
    You should develop a repoiter? With this officer as there are not many like him left. I try to get to know as many as I can.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    I just got around to opening this thread because I thought it was all talk about "O"cean "C"ity.

DAMN!

Time to start from the beginning.

That didn't take long. YES! Open carry on your property is fine.

5 shot Snub Nose in a holster with .38 Special + P (JHP) loads.

I would not mow the lawn with an AR slung over my shoulder though.

At some point you're just asking for a visit from "The Man".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom