• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vcaddy05

Apr 18, 2013
    It's a single still from a few seconds of what looks like weapon movement consistent with pointing an m4 type rifle at yourself.

Not wearing tin foil, but very curious as to why they are saying he was unarmed after they said he was armed and this video lends to the fact that he was armed. Maybe the rifle was on the boat deck and not in his hands when they boarded the boat? With the demand for any piece of news, that often comes about from the telephone game, I'm not surprised by story inconstancies at all, but this one is strange to say the least.

I thought that at first too, however, after looking at the video a few times, that is the shroud from the shrink wrap blowing around just above him. It is interfering with the thermal and looks like a rifle. Watch the video and you will see non thermal imaging as well, and you will see that it is some shrink wrap blowing around.

phx223

Member at Large
    Feb 15, 2010
    West of MD, East of CA
    I think what looks like a rifle is actually the plastic cover waving in the breeze in such a way that it is visible in the thermal imaging. I originally thought the same thing. (I assume you are referring to the last second of the tape.)

I agree with you, it appeared to be a rifle outline at 2am(or what ever darn time I was up feeding the baby), but now with some more sleep and a different prospective it's the tarp. I didn't think that a tarp could cause such interference with thermal imaging, but than again I've only used thermal imagers in controlled environments.

Like I said, no tin foil. So you didn't hurt my feelings disagreeing with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Shive62

Latest threads

Top Bottom