• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    It's becoming more and more difficult to "GROW A PAIR" in this country. This is by design.

We are slowly, but surely being conditioned to keep our mouths shut. ....

Again, we are being conditioned to be afraid of our GOVERNMENT. We are being conditioned to think before we SPEAK. We are being conditioned to think before we TYPE. We are being conditioned to think before we ACT.

WE ARE BEING CONDITIONED!

This is getting a little off-topic, but i want to add a little commentary to an earlier post.

I think that instead of being conditioned to THINK, Americans are being conditioned to FEAR and NOT think. Thinking is what Americans need to be doing more of, thinking for themselves, and not just taking the governments and media's word for everything.

The real, longer term danger is that this is just like the frog in the pot of hot water. People don't realize it's boiling until its too late, and younger generations are being taught seriously revised history so that the patriots that stood up to England really ARE being portrayed as insurgents & terrorists!

l730dc

Mar 6, 2013
    Kent Island, MD
    This is getting a little off-topic, but i want to add a little commentary to an earlier post.

I think that instead of being conditioned to THINK, Americans are being conditioned to FEAR and NOT think. Thinking is what Americans need to be doing more of, thinking for themselves, and not just taking the governments and media's word for everything.

The real, longer term danger is that this is just like the frog in the pot of hot water. People don't realize it's boiling until its too late, and younger generations are being taught seriously revised history so that the patriots that stood up to England really ARE being portrayed as insurgents & terrorists!

Are you trying to suggest I should not believe what the news is telling me?

Lololololol!

TTMD

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2012
    Are you trying to suggest I should not believe what the news is telling me?

Lololololol!

I know, rather obvious, right? I was wondering the other day whatever happened to the Bugs Bunny/Road Runner show on Saturdays. Now I know it's been replaced by the significantly fictional telecasts hitting us from virtually all major networks & outlets. And if it wasn't so sad, it WOULD be funny!

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Why? The FFL is not violating any laws. A point of contact was made, an application filed, release on day 8 as dictated by MD law. The release of the firearm is at the discretion of the FFL, this has been spelled out multiple times. A civil liability is another matter, but no laws were violated.

I am trying to figure out where the civil liability would come into play. The law specifically says that the FFL may release the firearm on the 8th day, regardless of whether the FFL hears back from MSP. Attaching liability to an FFL for releasing a firearm according to the law would be a tough sell even if that firearm is used in a violent crime thereafter. However, I bet some starving attorney would try to make that case to get some type of settlement from an insurance company.

If nothing else, I would think the State of Maryland would be on the hook for any liability for not completing applications timely.

I don't think most FFL's are taking on much exposure on this one. They aren't really releasing on day 8, but releasing those that have been waiting for quite a while, AND for which they have a somewhat recent Not Disapproved in the past, AND for which they are rather familiar with the buyer.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I figure the plaintiff's argument would be something like "the FFL knew there was a possibility that the NICS check could come back denied and released the firearm anyway. Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, that's negligence." Imagine a typical uber liberal jury trai in MD. Who would lose?

Remember the burden of proof in a civil trial is a "preponderance of the evidence," not "beyond a reasonable doubt."

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    I figure the plaintiff's argument would be something like "the FFL knew there was a possibility that the NICS check could come back denied and released the firearm anyway. Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, that's negligence." Imagine a typical uber liberal jury trai in MD. Who would lose?

Remember the burden of proof in a civil trial is a "preponderance of the evidence," not "beyond a reasonable doubt."

After seeing this article, I believe this world is turned upside down... My goodness, the guy comes in with a gun to rob the place, the clerk shoots him and now the robber's widow is suing him....

http://www.krqe.com/dpp/news/crime/dead-robbers-widow-sues-shop-clerk

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Only in America!

Especially love this part of the article... Tell me, what could he have done differently staring down the barrel of a gun? Beasley was the clerk.

[While Jaramillo acknowledges the suspect's role in what happened, he said Beasley shares more blame.
    “He does bear some fault, but it’s like a pie. You divide out the fault accordingly, and Mr. Beasley could have done something different,” Jaramillo said.]

(sorry to thread jack, but this is the kind of crap that makes me wary of lawsuits, which seems germane to this thread)

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    Especially love this part of the article... Tell me, what could he have done differently staring down the barrel of a gun? Beasley was the clerk.

[While Jaramillo acknowledges the suspect's role in what happened, he said Beasley shares more blame.
    “He does bear some fault, but it’s like a pie. You divide out the fault accordingly, and Mr. Beasley could have done something different,” Jaramillo said.]

(sorry to thread jack, but this is the kind of crap that makes me wary of lawsuits, which seems germane to this thread)

And so could the dead guy - he could have chose not to rob the store. But I guess it goes along with most of the rest of society's lack of personal responsibility.:sad20:

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    And so could the dead guy - he could have chose not to rob the store. But I guess it goes along with most of the rest of society's lack of personal responsibility.:sad20:

The widow is suing the clerk and the police. Bet she'd sue the MSP and the FFL if the paperwork hadn't been done, even if the FFl ran a NICS, the guy had a DC or had plenty or prior transactions.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    How about the Florida Judge that threw out the Handgun, Pot Plant, and Pot Smoking pictures in the T.M. case.

Our judicial system is a joke.

Ab_Normal

Ab_member
    Feb 2, 2010
    Carroll County
    The widow is suing the clerk and the police. Bet she'd sue the MSP and the FFL if the paperwork hadn't been done, even if the FFl ran a NICS, the guy had a DC or had plenty or prior transactions.

The woman should be jailed for felony a$$holism and the lawyer should be disbarred for lacking critical thinking skills.

UFB!:mad54:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom