• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Anyone wondering what will happen when the press picks up on the ON TIME release?

IMHO, one of 2 things will happen:

There will be a public outcry for the MSP to put more resources on the delay NOW. This problem has been growing for 6 months.

There will be a public outcry for an emergency GA session to be called to amend the current MD law to prevent ON TIME release per the "may" language.

Bet it won't be published.

*** The US Government can plead the 5th amendment against We the People in the People's House? What??? ***

You are insightful and wise.

Feb 28, 2013
    Why? The FFL is not violating any laws. A point of contact was made, an application filed, release on day 8 as dictated by MD law. The release of the firearm is at the discretion of the FFL, this has been spelled out multiple times. A civil liability is another matter, but no laws were violated.

Yes. The crux of the argument here is CIVIL liability, which can put the dealer out of business. The worst the state can do is revoke their regulated firearms license.

If the dealer releases the gun before the ND comes back and we have another mass shooting, the dealer can be sued civilly, even though they followed the letter of the law.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    There shouldn't be any consequences for the FFL's releasing on the 8th day since they aren't breaking any laws. And if something goes wrong because of that MSP cannot just come back and take their license. However, they can make the dealer's life miserable for every other little thing until they are able to take their license, which is what I think the dealers are largely worried about. It's called extrajudicial punishment and is a hallmark of repressive regimes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Extrajudicial_punishment

That kind of unlawful government action is what has spawned little things like the civil rights movement. There are remedies, if people stand up and exercise their rights. It takes a pair, and determination that enough is enough.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Anyone wondering what will happen when the press picks up on the ON TIME release?

IMHO, one of 2 things will happen:

There will be a public outcry for the MSP to put more resources on the delay NOW. This problem has been growing for 6 months.

There will be a public outcry for an emergency GA session to be called to amend the current MD law to prevent ON TIME release per the "may" language.

Bet it won't be published.

*** The US Government can plead the 5th amendment against We the People in the People's House? What??? ***

Could this have been their intention all along?

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Yes. The crux of the argument here is CIVIL liability, which can put the dealer out of business. The worst the state can do is revoke their regulated firearms license.

If the dealer releases the gun before the ND comes back and we have another mass shooting, the dealer can be sued civilly, even though they followed the letter of the law.

They can be sued civily whether it's an early release or not.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    That kind of unlawful government action is what has spawned little things like the civil rights movement. There are remedies, if people stand up and exercise their rights. It takes a pair, and determination that enough is enough.

This may or may not be too Tin Foil Hatty, but I'll say it anyway.

It's becoming more and more difficult to "GROW A PAIR" in this country. This is by design.

We are slowly, but surely being conditioned to keep our mouths shut. The Motherland Security Department has wide, sweeping powers now. It's on the news every day. Public Survailence, Tapping Peoples Phones, Reading Personal E-mails, Etc., Et., Etc.

Big Bro is doing all of this and WE THE PEOPLE know it. The disturbing part of this is that Big Bro wants WE THE PEOPLE to know it.

Again, we are being conditioned to be afraid of our GOVERNMENT. We are being conditioned to think before we SPEAK. We are being conditioned to think before we TYPE. We are being conditioned to think before we ACT.

WE ARE BEING CONDITIONED!

As for DETERMINATION, the G. will no longer allow us to be DETERMINED. The G. can no longer afford to allow us to be DETERMINED. In their eyes, we are all POTENTIAL TERRORISTS now and we must be watched and we must be monitored.

Our CIVIL LIBERTIES, like a slow drip, drip, drip are being taken away from us.

Without the "2A" the other "A's" are meaningless and BIG BROTHER knows that.

Last edited:

ddeanjohnson

autodidact
    Aug 21, 2010
    MSP memo?

The FFL's are releasing on time using policies that their attorneys are advising and based on the memo from thr MSP Secretary of Police . . .

I would be interested in seeing the memo that you are referring to. Can you send me a link to it? If you have it as a PDF file, please email me via this forum and I will respond with my email address.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Even before this fiasco by the MSP happened some dealers released after 7 days. When a person came back disapproved the MSP would go to the buyers house and confiscate the firearm.

kookymonstir

Feb 8, 2011
    St. Leonard Md
    This may or may not be too Tin Foil Hatty, but I'll say it anyway.

It's becoming more and more difficult to "GROW A PAIR" in this country. This is by design.

We are slowly, but surely being conditioned to keep our mouths shut. The Motherland Security Department has wide, sweeping powers now. It's on the news every day. Public Survailence, Tapping Peoples Phones, Reading Personal E-mails, Etc., Et., Etc.

Big Bro is doing all of this and WE THE PEOPLE know it. The disturbing part of this is that Big Bro wants WE THE PEOPLE to know it.

Again, we are being conditioned to be afraid of our GOVERNMENT. We are being conditioned to think before we SPEAK. We are being conditioned to think before we TYPE. We are being conditioned to think before we ACT.

WE ARE BEING CONDITIONED!

As for DETERMINATION, the G. will no longer allow us to be DETERMINED. The G. can no longer afford to allow us to be DETERMINED. In their eyes, we are all POTENTIAL TERRORISTS now and we must be watched and we must be monitored.

Our CIVIL LIBERTIES, like a slow drip, drip, drip are being taken away from us.

Without the "2A" the other "A's" are meaningless and BIG BROTHER knows that.[

The best thing Owebama and Owemalley ever did was wake up patriots. :goodpost:

Old Salty Dog

Ultimate Member
    Nov 4, 2008
    Southern Maryland
    There shouldn't be any consequences for the FFL's releasing on the 8th day since they aren't breaking any laws. And if something goes wrong because of that MSP cannot just come back and take their license. However, they can make the dealer's life miserable for every other little thing until they are able to take their license, which is what I think the dealers are largely worried about. It's called extrajudicial punishment and is a hallmark of repressive regimes.

Zoostation, your comment fits very well with a surprising piece in today's Washington Compost Outlook section on the growth of the bureaucracy. Worth the read despite the fact that it ran in the Compost:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...faaad0-c2ed-11e2-9fe2-6ee52d0eb7c1_story.html

gmkoh

Feb 26, 2013
    Annapolis

Like the IRS' actions?

madness3120

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 4, 2012
    I said he had an assault 2 charge.. which would mean he lied on application. . I believe he said it asked if he had any felonies.. since he only did maybe 3 weeks in county he thought it wasnt a felony. . He said it had something to do with maximum possible sentencing

Whats an assault 2 charge? If thats 2nd degeree assault thats not a prohibtior

l730dc

Mar 6, 2013
    Kent Island, MD
    Whats an assault 2 charge? If thats 2nd degeree assault thats not a prohibtior

Thats what he told me.. im not an expert nor will I claim his statements are accurate. ... but he said it was a possible max sentencing thing. An besides that I thought when I filled out my form for my mossberg it said any violent crime.. but I dont have the best memory. . You could easily be right (so dont take this as me telling you that you are wrong)

madchestermonkey

Pond straddler
    Oct 10, 2012
    Lowcountry SC
    Are the not approved coming back in 7 days? I thought that was the key obligation so if that is happening everything after the 8th day is just nonsense and feet dragging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom