• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Can't believe RRomig and I were the only ones at the range this morning, not a Hooligan in sight??? Afterwards I stopped by the Rangers office to ask a few questions about hunting in certain areas and was told good to go. Actually he suggested I go to the Bear Creek area near Accident. I drove over there and checked out a few trails so maybe Tuesday or Wednesday. Looks like tomorrow will be either the Durst trail area or the Poplar Lick area
    I haven't been out west in a long while. Wife has had health issue's. From what I gather my hooligan brothers haven't been shooting much lately. I plan on heading up that way the second week of Dec. maybe I can bring them out of hibernation!(LOL)

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Can't believe RRomig and I were the only ones at the range this morning, not a Hooligan in sight??? Afterwards I stopped by the Rangers office to ask a few questions about hunting in certain areas and was told good to go. Actually he suggested I go to the Bear Creek area near Accident. I drove over there and checked out a few trails so maybe Tuesday or Wednesday. Looks like tomorrow will be either the Durst trail area or the Poplar Lick area
    I haven't been out west in a long while. Wife has had health issue's. From what I gather my hooligan brothers haven't been shooting much lately. I plan on heading up that way the second week of Dec. maybe I can bring them out of hibernation!(LOL)
    Was wondering about you, haven’t seen much on here from you. Hope everything goes ok for the wife. I texted them when I got home and 4570 got home late from a BP match in PA and Joe said it was supposed to be raining.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Not the first time I’ve had the range to myself. Got a lot done today after checking out the rifle. Scouted out some new spots for tomorrow
    Having the range to one's self isn't a bad thing. I got a lot of moving and shooting done there. Something my range doesn't allow. Never waste an opportunity to get some reps in.
    If you have a place near Accident, that is a good place to hunt. Lots of bear and plenty of ag there. Look for drainage leading off of ag fields into creek canyons(it gets real steep there). The bear tend to roll off the high ground down to the forest to bed. Good luck!

Tomcat

May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    Having the range to one's self isn't a bad thing. I got a lot of moving and shooting done there. Something my range doesn't allow. Never waste an opportunity to get some reps in.
    If you have a place near Accident, that is a good place to hunt. Lots of bear and plenty of ag there. Look for drainage leading off of ag fields into creek canyons(it gets real steep there). The bear tend to roll off the high ground down to the forest to bed. Good luck!
    The Ranger said check out around the fish hatchery area off of Bear Creek. I walked a few trails but didn’t see anything that excited me

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    The Ranger said check out around the fish hatchery area off of Bear Creek. I walked a few trails but didn’t see anything that excited me
    I'm not familiar with the public land there. Only thing I can recommend is find the steepest topography you can. You have a Garrett County topo? They used to sell them at the Savage ranger station.

Last edited:

BigRick

Hooligan #15
    Aug 7, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    Was wondering about you, haven’t seen much on here from you. Hope everything goes ok for the wife. I texted them when I got home and 4570 got home late from a BP match in PA and Joe said it was supposed to be raining.
    Yeah I saw the texts! Life happens and sometimes it sucks! I’ll be back soon my wife just had surgery so hopefully she’s on the right track now.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Saw a bear while scouting on Saturday… nothing seen yet this morning. Trying my hand at some predator calls to see if I can lure one in.

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    You don't? Someone does based on the membership emails I get :lol2:

lazarus

Ultimate Member
    Jun 23, 2015
    When I first joined, you could if no one else was there. Then the fun police came along...
    Lol.

I still enjoy having the place to myself even if I do have to be mindful of the ever watchful eye.

It is nice to shoot with cans and no ears.

Tomcat

May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    This mornings view, no luck
    IMG_3883.jpeg

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    My co worker went to garret County as was successful this morning. Hope everyone else that has a tag is as successful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom