Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Santa.png

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Two more years folks, TWO MORE YEARS OF THIS shite!
    Not quite.

If the mid-term elections go as predicted, Fuq-Joe-Biden will be a lame duck Pretender for two years. That's assuming the usual RINOs don't help him on any close votes.

His puppeteers may encourage him to start writing EOs like there's no tomorrow but hopefully they will be ineffective or reined in by the courts.

Hopefully the 16% stupid in this country have had enough and will not follow the 35% braindead zombies that actually approve for their Braindead Zombie in Chief.

I'm praying for that anyway.

sxs

MDS Supporter
    Nov 20, 2009
    Anne Arundel County, MD
    I think the Dems see the coming mid terms as a possible disaster for them and will pull out the stops on many fronts to get their various agendas passed before that election. And, of course, they never want to let a crisis go to waste.

Brickman301

Ultimate Member
    Mar 23, 2015
    FREDERICK, MD
    This is not to defend Biden, who is clearly an idiot... but I was thinking about the span of waterfront covered by "9mm" and it is pretty significant. While all of approximately the same caliber, there are certainly some significant rounds in the 9mm family. To be fair, I wouldn't volunteer to be shot by any of them, but some even less than others.

I'm sure I'm missing a few in the 9mm-ish range, but just for consideration, any of these could be considered "9mm",

.380 ACP (9mm Kurz; 9x17mm)

9×18 Makarov

9×18mm Ultra

9mm Glisenti

9×19mm Parabellum/Luger

.357 SIG

9mm Browning Long

9×21mm

9×21mm Gyurza

9×23mm Largo

9×23mm Steyr

9×25mm Mauser

9×25mm Dillon

9mm Japanese

.38 Short Colt / Long Colt

.38 S&W Short / Long

.357 S&W Magnum

.357 SuperMag

.357-44 Bain & Davis

.357 Remington Maximum

.35 Winchester Self-Loading

.351 Winchester Self-Loading

9×57mm Mauser

.350 Legend

.35 Remington

.35 Whelen

.356 Winchester

.358 Winchester

9mm Jonson

.35 Winchester

.350 Remington Magnum

.358 Norma Magnum

9×39mm
    9mm Flobert

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I think the Dems see the coming mid terms as a possible disaster for them and will pull out the stops on many fronts to get their various agendas passed before that election. And, of course, they never want to let a crisis go to waste.
    *****Yea this. Looking at market data today and the Fed Reserves possible response with tightening capital, and trying to reduce inflation - couple with super high energy prices, real estate market cooling down most everywhere, and folks generally not too happy from what seems to be a non-stop barrage of pretty bad economic news leads me to think the mid-terms will be an absolute disaster for the Dems.

There are some very very unhappy Dems who may not so mindlessly just pull their usual lever this time - or at least I hope so. There's something about getting slapped with $200 to fill up an SUV every week or so that brings a cold reality to even the most strident supporter of Biden.

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    Feel free to copy and share.

Screenshot_20220602-225936_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20220527-204959_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20220527-205040_DuckDuckGo.jpg

Forum software is doing something weird with sharing this fb link. Just remove the spaces in the "http" in the url.
    h t t p s ://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10103070038540331&id=38000696

I have grown up with guns. They've always been interesting to me, so I've steadily learned about them throughout my life. I've shot a metric f-ton of them, to include uzis, ARs, Tommy guns, and even ma dueces. I've read all that I can get my hands on about internal ballistics, external ballistics, terminal ballistics, and forensic ballistics. I've studied gun laws and have even participated in their creation. I've sold them behind a gun counter and have competed in many different firearm disciplines. I've studied firearm technology itself and know more about cartridge and firearm design history than most people.

That said, there is literally not one part of this entire quote from our president that is factually correct. Every single statement out if his mouth in this video is false. Every...single...one. Our media grilled Trump on any slight mistake, when do we get to see fact checkers calling out biden for this string of lies?

If you think I'm wrong, post the statement from biden below that you think he got right and I will disprove it. Keep in mind, this is just one clip of him jabbering for one minute on this issue. I can do this every time he talks about guns. It's absurd how free he and others on the dem side are to spout off completely false statements without getting checked whatsoever by the media. So, here we go....

biden: "A .22 caliber bullet will lodge in the lung, and we can probably get it out, and maybe it'll get him to save a life"

fact check: There are many types .22 caliber bullets and many cartridges that fire them. For instance, there's rimfire like the .22 short, .22 long rifle, and .22 magnum. However, there's also centerfire cartridges that use .22 caliber bullets like the .22 hornet, 5.56x45(cartridge most AR-15s fire), and the .22-250.

If we're generous and grant Biden that he meant .22 long rifle, he's still wrong. A .22LR fired out of something common, like a 10/22 is more than capable of zipping straight through someone. However, terminal ballistics are highly dependent on the bullet design and velocity(due to either distance, powder charge, and/or the length of barrel from what's firing it). Here's a video showing a segmented .22LR splitting up and not penetrating very deep, but also a round-nose .22LR load going all the way through a 16" block.

Biden: "A 9mm bullet blows the lung out of the body."

Fact check: Again, there are multiple cartridges that also fire a 9mm projectile, but we'll assume he's talking about classic 9x19 (as opposed to .960 rowland, .357 magnum, .38 special, 9x23, 9x21, 9x18, 9x17, or 9x39). The 9x19 is a handgun cartridge loaded with usually a 124 gr bullet going roughly 1,200 feet per second, or a 147 gr bullet going roughly 1,000 feet per second. In either case, they have roughly 350-400 foot pounds of energy and wound almost entirely by physically contacting and crushing tissue. They expand to roughly .5-.75" and penetrate 10-16".

So when you shoot someone with a 9x19 handgun with modern hollowpoint defensive ammunition, it crushes a roughly half-inch diameter hole roughly a foot to a foot and a half into them. In defensive firearms terms, that sucks. In hunting terms, that really, really sucks. It's not going to "blow the lungs out of someone"...that is so bananas it's hard to imagine the leader of the free world actually saying it.

The primary means of physiologically stopping a determined attacker is to cause enough blood loss for the person to pass out. If you're only poking a half inch hole into them, it'll take a long time. While you're waiting for that person to lose enough blood to pass out(assuming you've hit one of the hard-to-hit physiological structures that bleed fast), the attacker can be continuing their attack on you. Even if the blood loss is pretty quick and is only a minute... someone with a knife in a room with you can do a lot of damage in that minute.

It's why ALL defensive firearms instructors will teach you to shoot center mass(heart/lungs ideally, but it means aim for the center of whatever silhouette the threat presents to you) and keep shooting until the threat stops being a threat. Lots of holes leak faster than one hole and in defense, time is life. It's one reason why magazine capacity laws hurt law abiding citizens when they need to use their guns for defense.

Here's ballistics gel tests for 9x19 aka "9mm"

Biden: so the idea that these high caliber weapons, is uh, is of, no rational patience for, in terms of, what is it about? self protection? hunting?

Fact check: for starters.... what? There was lots of barely intelligible gibberish in here that I needed to play back about a dozen times and I'm still not sure if I got it right. Besides Biden's obvious mental decline, this makes no sense from a factual standpoint.

Here's a picture of a .22lr, 9x19, .45ACP, 7.62x25, .22 magnum, 5.56, 7.62x53r, and the 30-06(one of the most popular hunting cartridges ever that's about 116 years old). The only two cartridges here considered full "rifle" cartridges are the 7.62x54r, that my old russian mosin nagant fires, and the 30-06. "High Caliber" isn't a thing. The third one from the left, the .45ACP is the largest caliber of any of these cartridges, but clearly the 30-06 and the 7.62x54r have the ability to cause the most trauma.

The 5.56 in the middle, that the AR-15 fires, is an intermediate cartridge that bridges the gap between handgun cartridges and full-power cartridges. It's cool for defense, because it can cause more damage than a handgun cartridge, while not having the recoil or overpenetration of the actual rifle cartridges. However, Biden was just talking about the 9mm blowing out lungs before jumping to this mind-jumble, so I have no idea WTF he's talking about honestly.

However, if a cartridge COULD blow out someone's lungs, hell yeah it would be awesome for defense and hunting. In both cases, your goal is to stop the living thing you're shooting as fast as you can. In defense, you want to stop the threat to life the criminal poses, and in hunting you want to humanely end the animal's life without unnecessary suffering or needing to chase after the critter too far. Arguing that the 9mm evaporates targets, and then immediately claiming they have no value for defense or hunting is really illogical.

Biden: "And remember, the constitution, the second amendment was never absolute."

Yes, it is. The second amendment reads...
    "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

This does not grant any right. The right is unalienable. This specifically restricts the government from infringing on the right of the "people" to keep and bear arms. It does NOT say, "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the Militia to keep and bear arms, may not be infringed", it explicitly states that it is an individual right of the "people". This has recently been affirmed in Heller.

The rights, protected in the 2nd, have similar limitations as those outlined in the 1a. Your rights end when they infringe on the rights of others. So, yes, you actually CAN yell, "fire", in a crowded movie theater. However, if that use of your 1a results in injuries, you cannot claim the 1a as a defense. Similarly, you may not use an arm to rob, rape, assault, or murder someone. Those are examples of where your right to bear arms has infringed on the right of others. My owning a bunch of ARs infringes on nobody's rights. They sit in my safe, harming nobody. Banning them is an unconstitutional infringement, full stop.

Biden: "You couldn't buy a cannon when the second amendment was passed, you couldn't go out and purchase a lot of weapons."

Want a cannon? Here ya go. Buy one and have it shipped to your door. They've never been banned. In the revolutionary war times, private citizens owned entire damned battleships they used for privateering, completely supported by Madison himself. They also had repeating and "high capacity" firearms back then. If you go back in time and dropped off a crate of ARs to washington, he'd think they were f'n great and would be handing them out to colonists like halloween candy. Our revolutionary leaders used the most modern firearms technology they could get ahold of. It's how our troops were successfully able to engage in sniping off british leadership from farther out than they could accurately return fire.

When they raised the Militia, they essentially told people from the area to show up for drills with their own guns and then they'd be compensated with booze after the fact. God bless america.

Biden: "And those who, not many are saying it anymore, but there was a while there where people were saying that, you know, the tree of liberty is watered with the blood of patriots and what we have to do is we have to be able to take on the government when they're wrong... Well to do that you need an f-15 you know, and you need an abrams tank."

This is the quote from Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith, the son-in-law of John Adams Biden is bungling...

"What country before ever existed a century and half without a rebellion? And what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is it’s natural manure."

It's odd Biden always leaves off "AND TYRANTS" when speaking his version of this quote from a founder of our country. In reading the federalist papers, it is CLEAR the intention of the 2a was explicitly so that the people can act as THE ultimate check against government overreach.

As far as f-15s and abrams tanks... who the F do you think would be flying those and driving those against america's own citizens? Our military that swore an oath to uphold our constitution? This is the same guy spouting off how a bunch of unarmed protestors rioting at the capitol are the biggest threat our nation has faced in generations?

So about 23 million guns were sold in america in 2020, but Biden doesn't think the people stand a chance if he orders the military to attack its own people to spare him and other tyrannical politicians? OK...

Biden: Gun companies have legal immunity and can't be sued, unlike all other companies.

Fact check: https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/remington-settles-trigger-suit/

It is a lie that gun companies can't be sued. If they produce a product that is faulty and harms someone, not due to criminal misuse or negligence, then they can and have been sued.

What biden and other 2a infringement pushers want is to be able to sue a gun company for the criminal misuse of their products in order to DRIVE ALL gun companies out of business. It's a similar tactic as to how they weaponized the financial sector against the firearms community as a whole in operation chokepoint.

They pressured financial institutions into dropping any company that was related to firearms to hurt their ability to exist. They're losing on constitutional grounds since heller with gun control, so they switched to private sector economic attacks.

Imagine what it would mean for Ford and Chevy if anyone could sue them because a person intentionally used a vehicle to run someone over, or drove drunk and crashed into someone else. Imagine if home depot could get sued because someone murdered someone with a hammer or knife(btw, both "blunt objects" like hammers, and also knives kill way more people each year than rifles). These companies would be out of business due to the criminal misuse of their products by other people not related to them in any way.

Texasgrillchef

Oct 29, 2021
    Dallas, texas
    He is blowing smoke to make himself look better. It will never pass congress, and even If it does… SCOTUS will overturn it as unconstitutional. Outright full bans on something like a 9mm will be impossible to accomplish.

KJackson

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 3, 2017
    Carroll County
    I think it is interesting that the same people who say that they have no way to find and deport 11 million illegal immigrants have no problem saying that they will be able to find and confiscate possibly hundreds of millions of guns.

slsc98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 24, 2012
    Escaped MD-stan to WNC Smokies
    I think it is interesting that the same people who say that they have no way to find and deport 11 million illegal immigrants have no problem saying that they will be able to find and confiscate possibly hundreds of millions of guns.

Ding, ding!

ANOTHER billboard I’d contribute to seeing on major thoroughfares!

Michigander08

ridiculous and psychotic
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2017
    I don't know if we need facts or debates to argue with these people. They are simply anti-Americans. During the Cold War, they would be considered enemies of State.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom