• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    BCC Rescue Squad is considering one of these.

Attachments

• waaaambulance-23284.jpg
      waaaambulance-23284.jpg
      25.9 KB · Views: 294

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    BCC Rescue Squad is considering one of these.

:lol:

That's rich! Lol!

I live next door to Montgomery Air Park. True, it's not an international airport, but people still whine about it and want it to go away. People who moved there long after the air park was established. Fvgg'm. Get used to it and stop whining!

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    :lol:

That's rich! Lol!

I live next door to Montgomery Air Park. True, it's not an international airport, but people still whine about it and want it to go away. People who moved there long after the air park was established. Fvgg'm. Get used to it and stop whining!

Yeah. They really ramped that up after the crash last year. Never mind the air park was there before the developments.

Doco Overboard

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    When a plane flies over our house sometimes we go out and look at it. I like to watch the crop dusters. I even seen a B-25, heading to Easton from Georgetown I bet. Its scary knowing there's that many crazy people only separated by a body of water. Next thing you know they will complain about light pollution at night time.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yeah. They really ramped that up after the crash last year. Never mind the air park was there before the developments.

Yup. You can sit in my back yard and watch plane after plane fly over head. Half of them conk out and have to glide back in. I've always assumed these were planes being serviced.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    sometimes instructors cut an engine to teach their students stall drills

Yup, that's right. Now that you mention it, I had a buddy who used to take lessons there and I think it was part of his training along with touch-and-goes. I hardly even notice them any more. I always wonder what my friends keep looking up at, Lol.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    sometimes instructors cut an engine to teach their students stall drills

Yeah, well, my instructor pulled the throttle to idle and announced an engine out, so I trimmed for best glide and headed for a nice survivable green space. Once he decided I'd make the field, went to full power and got out of there.
    "Nice," he said. "We just buzzed a church on Sunday."

Last edited:

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    Yeah, well, my instructor pulled the throttle to idle and announced an engine out, so I trimmed for best glide and headed for a nice survivable green space. Once he decided I'd make the ield, went to full power and got out of there.

...and the congregation said, "Amen."

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    My neighborhood is part of the flight path for BWI landing. I've lived in this house since 1998, never bothered me.

Same with mine, and I get AAFB air traffic frequently too. Doesn't bother us at all. Of course, we used to live 200 yards from the end of the runway at Ellsworth AFB. B-52s doing MITOs are NOISY...

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    What is is even more infuriating to them than an airport? A landfill in their general area. It really doesn't stink, but they bitch about the truck and other vehicular traffic. If you buy a house on a route to a landfill that has been open since the 1960's, you have zero right to complain or attempt to get the facility shut down.

Even better is a proposed incinerator, where the exhaust from the stacks is actually cleaner than the air that you breathe in your front yard, due to the filtration and the scrubbers. But they point out the BS environmental studies that have been proven false and use the emotional arguments.

Personally, if you don't like it, move out and find someplace else to live.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Yeah, well, my instructor pulled the throttle to idle and announced an engine out, so I trimmed for best glide and headed for a nice survivable green space. Once he decided I'd make the field, went to full power and got out of there.

Carb Heat.

and, for those that are unawares, a stall has nothing to do with the motor quitting.. you can do power off stalls, but I digress..

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013

An instructor did that to me shortly after takeoff from Bay Bridge, over the Bay. Another one did it during a rental check ride over a cow pasture in North Carolina... we did a touch and go. Fun stuff.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Oh but the kiddies will have nightmares before they go to their private schools that cost 3x a state college's tuition. The shame.

How about we run a train line through their neighborhood with a really loud horn that must sound at low speed for the safety of pedestrians and motorists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom