• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I"ve talked t pilots. They have described DC the landing pattern as "Challenging at times".
    Do you really want a pilot to be challenged on landing? NO
    They are just placating to them on the landing path. They won't really notice anything significant.

YES, cry babies

engineerbrian

JMB fan club
    Sep 3, 2010
    Fredneck
    I noticed that one of the whiney loons bought a decibel meter:

I also noticed that nothing further was said about it. It tells me that the noise was within legal/FAA limits or she was too dumb/couldn't find anyone smart enough to work it.

I work in Bethesda (lucky me :( ), and we had a noise complaint from one of our neighbors. When we tested the work area with a decibel meter the surrounding ambient noise of the city without work equipment running was over the "legal limit". :lol2:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

I also noticed that nothing further was said about it. It tells me that the noise was within legal/FAA limits or she was too dumb/couldn't find anyone smart enough to work it.
    more proof that the libs have more money than brains

about the same level of knowledge about firearms.

pathetic

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    Ha, ha, indeed. You elected the Kenyan and now because he doesn't want to hear planes overhead, you get to. Where's the white privilege now, suckers?

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    They will do what liberals do best.... Take a picture, put it on facebook, and demonize it.....

Like they did to us up in Westminster two weeks ago... So proud of that moment...... :party29:

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I"ve talked t pilots. They have described DC the landing pattern as "Challenging at times".
    Do you really want a pilot to be challenged on landing? NO
    They are just placating to them on the landing path. They won't really notice anything significant.

YES, cry babies

I've heard the same thing for years. That even with all of the electronic aids nowadays it's still an airport where your knuckles are white by the time you roll to a stop.

Wheaton Hills Sportsman

Jan 27, 2012
    My favorite NIMBYs are the ones who buy a house in a traditional party zone, like Georgetown, or Bethesda, and then complain that there are bars, drunks and street noise in the party zone. These people buy on a well known flight path and complain about airplanes.

I have a friend whose Mother was constantly complaining about DCA and joined the groups that "monitor" the flights, etc. That was 41 years ago. Any NIMBY complaining about DCA who is under 41 years of age is automatically a person who bought a home on a flight path that has literally been complained about in the papers, on TV, on the radio for their entire life, and on the internet since before AOL!

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    What idiots. If it wasn't for P56, they would have had DCA traffic arriving and departing straight over their homes for the past 50 years.

Afrikeber

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Urbana, Md.
    Should be noted a good portion of the politicians on the extreme left live there. It really rubs me the wrong way every time these hypocrites get up to the podium pushing their rainbow and unicorn policy on every community except theirs.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    I live within two blocks of a major thoroughfare and the traffic noise is substantial, especially during the rush times.

I think I'll file a petition to get all that traffic rerouted so it doesn't bother me any more.

:rolleyes:

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA

When J&P Sporting Clays was open a chicken necker moved in nearby. Complained about the shooting constantly. MD inspector was standing in the guys front yard listening to him complaining about how terrible the noise is, and he asks "When do they do this?" Guy goes ballistic on him..."It's been going on the whole time you've been standing here" Inspector left, shaking his head. Sen. Astle was a fan of J&P and the range protection law is the result.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Odd how Bethesdans walk around with earbuds in both ears, music cranked up to 10, but they're complaining about jet noise.

They probably don't even notice the planes at all, but are just hopping on the bandwagon after reading about it in the WaPo or receiving an e-mail from the groups they belong to, because it's the politically "in" thing to get all activist about. That's how Bethesdans roll.

They ought to start spending time at the range, where they won't notice the jet noise. :D

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    National airport opened June 16 1941. Only owners who have ownered the same home since 1941 should have standing to complain. ( Not heirs, original owners.)

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    And in 1941, there were no noisy jets or 4 engine commercial airliners.

so sorry little snowflakes. you bought homes in a flight path.

no soup for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Kdaily1127

Latest threads

Top Bottom