• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    The P938 does not fit the OP's request. He specifically excluded manual safeties from consideration. While I agree its a nice compact 9, it is not practical nor even safe to carry one with the safety disengaged. It's one in the chamber, cocked and locked or not much use proposition.

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    Man everyone is missing what was rated the CC Weapon of the year for 2013....the awesome Ruger LC380!

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    ^^^ the LC380 and the LC9 are similar, just different caliber, so yeah the LC9 :)

But the OP says he doesn't want a safety. The LC9 has a manual safety, correct?

So other than the LC9 (as well as the Sig P938) doesn't have the features the OP wants, yes, it does qualify as an ultra compact.

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    ^^^ good point, you're right. But the LC is such a great pistol. I got one after seeing it won the subcompact pistol of the year for 2013, when I took it to the range I understood why, it's a nice little pistol and quite accurate and easy to use. My only dislike is that it only came with one mag I really thought Ruger should not have been cheap and at least made it have 2 mags.

If OP changes his mind about features, it's a good one to consider.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    But the OP says he doesn't want a safety. The LC9 has a manual safety, correct?

So other than the LC9 (as well as the Sig P938) doesn't have the features the OP wants, yes, it does qualify as an ultra compact.

Kahm CM9 looks more and more promising everyday.

D@mn you Gaston Glock, you had to make the G42 a .380, WTF!

Has anyone on MDS shot the SIG P290RS?

As of now I am carrying the Glock 26 nearly everyday. Today I had an appointment in the 'hood in Baltimore City so I took the Glock 30S (plus a spare 13 round mag) along with my Ruger SP101 .357 in my bag. I will never be called unprepared. :D

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    Kahm CM9 looks more and more promising everyday.

D@mn you Gaston Glock, you had to make the G42 a .380, WTF!

Has anyone on MDS shot the SIG P290RS?

As of now I am carrying the Glock 26 nearly everyday. Today I had an appointment in the 'hood in Baltimore City so I took the Glock 30S (plus a spare 13 round mag) along with my Ruger SP101 .357 in my bag. I will never be called unprepared. :D

The Sig is a very viable alternative to the Kahr. Dimensionally they are very close. The biggest difference is in the weight with the Sig coming in almost 50% heavier. Not necessarily something you would want to put in a pocket but more likely a IWB/OWB holster. My CM9 in in pocket holster (both front and wallet holsters) is about as heavy as I want to put in a pocket. Reviews on the Sig have generally been very good. And of course the Sig comes in 11 different varieties including those with lasers included.

For full disclosure I have both the CM9 and the Kahr P380. But I also own a Sig P238, Sig 1911, and Sig Ultra Carry 1911. So I don't think I have any brand bias one way or the other. I've been eyeballing the Sig 938s for a while but haven't dropped the dime yet. I have no personal preference of striker/hammer or safety/no safety. I tend to find the 1911 style frame more comfortable to shoot though.

RJP3579

Mar 10, 2011
    Pasadena, Md
    I received an email from Walther today about their new CCP (Concealed Carry Pistol) pistol in 9mm. Single stack 8 round mag. It has an external safety so not what the OP was looking for but still interesting. www.WaltherArms.com/CCP

slide2-stainless-ccp.jpg

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    I'm surprised at how well the M&P fits both small and extra large hands. Anyone interested in a 9mm subcompact should consider it.

Sunir

Jul 10, 2013
    I'm surprised at how well the M&P fits both small and extra large hands. Anyone interested in a 9mm subcompact should consider it.

Jim Tarr covered the M&P shield on Personal Defense and he was raving about it, even said he bought one. I gotta say it looks like a great gun and from what I've seen on TV and here on this thread people love it.

Baccusboy

Teecha, teecha
    Oct 10, 2010
    Seoul
    It's all about how these small guns feel in your hand... moreso than the big guns. I was all set to buy a Kahr CM9, which is a really nice gun, but it just didn't fit well in my hands. It would squirm in my large hands, and I just couldn't get comfortable with it. I was sad about that, but glad I tried before I bought.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    ^ Another plus for the XDS as it comes with interchangeable back strap grips to accommodate different size hands, plus a holster and a double mag pouch. Its an OWB holster so eh, but the mag pouch also fits 1911 single stacks. Yes I was cautiously optimistic when I bought it, and disappointed in how SA handled the recall, but there is no getting around the quality and functionality of this pistol and now am a huge fan.

Skipper

Oct 21, 2013
    Never Accidentally Used the Safety on a Shield

Just my two cents, but I've never accidentally actuated the safety on my Shield. I'll correct if and when I do. I just love the way it shoots!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom