• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cantstop

Pentultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 10, 2012
    MD
    I don't think it really matters. We law abiding gun folks will be happy with AR-10's and our AR-15 pistols built from pre-ban lowers.

In the mean time the degen's who run our prisons from behind bars and pwn the corrupt MD officials will keep their full auto AKs,

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Isn't the HBAR (Colt National Match and copies) exempted from SB281? My last read I thought it was - so are HBARs still good to go assuming they pass the 2-feature test?

This is where my money will be. HBAR AR-15s and rifles that don't fail the copycat test (SCAR, other similar rifles).

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    If the MSP allows these after the ban, I will be shocked. I understand a couple dealers are getting away with selling these as unregulated now... but unlikely that will continue once the MSP finds out about it when dealers start probing the edges of the law. Parts compatibility is very high with the AR-15, and they take the same mags. Operating system is somewhat different, but not THAT different.

Going to be banned. 100% parts compatibility with the AR-15.

You should add the Sig 556 to your list. All of these will need significant out-of-the-state work to be ban-compliant, since they all have a flash hider (as defined by SB281) and folding stock. The ARX-100 might get a MD-compliant model with a true comp, I suppose. Personal opinion: no gun that requires mods like these will ever have big market share in MD; there will just not be enough of them.

(Actually, caveat: there is a post-October compliant version of the ACR that has a fixed stock and a comp, and you can put a folding stock on it if you choose. But, as you've noted, the ACR is a non-entity at current pricing.)

My own predictions:
    1. Mini-14
    2. AR-15 HBAR
    3. AR-10
    4. Tactical-style 22s
    5. Tactical-style shotguns

Most piston ARs have heavy barrels.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics