• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ROBAR35

Living the farm life
    May 20, 2010
    Howard Co.
    Behold the stink bug sniper. Currently no waiting period but this is MD and that could change.
    3991824725966f5fa38edfc67c35914b_zpsda5f7397.jpg

DCutdSE

Rebel Scum
    Jan 2, 2009
    1. AR-15 HBAR because it is close enough, better actually with the HBAR, thank you very much. :o
    2. M&P 15-22 because it is close enough and the ammo is cheaper.
    3. Mini-14 because it fires the .223/5.56 but functions like a M1.
    4. AR-10 because I don't care if the ammo costs more, I do what I want!

Makarov Kid

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 7, 2012
    Commietown, Maryland
    A Sig 556 with a compensator instead of a flash hider or a Beretta ARX 100 with a compensator instead of a flash hider will probably become the next AR-15. They take AR magazines so...... Or the folding stock could be a fixed stock. SO MANY LOOPHOLES!!!

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Yes sir... Gone!

No, the PS90 could still be legal, just add a 3" muzzle extension, a sound suppressor, or the shoulder thingie that goes up, and the damn thing becomes legal again.

That's just a shame. You have to think just a little outside the box to defeat this craptastic legislation.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Why can't somebody design a .223 rimfire cartridge and an evil platform around it?

I'm willing to bet many new platforms will also come out over the next decade that are not one of the 46 weapons on the ban list.

Why couldn't they take the Remington model 750, make it into a magazine fed firearm, beef up the barrel, make it modular, and make it a winner? Same goes for other current auto loading firearms that are not on the specific ban list.

Ultimate Member
    Its no secret that the AR15 is the most popular/best selling rifle in American and in Maryland!! In your opinion, if the AWB goes in effect, what will replace the AR15 as most popular?

-non evil Mini-14
    -12 ga shotgun
    - .22 framed AR15 design rifle (SW-M&P22 etc)
    -Ruger 10/22

maybe I'll grab that rifle while they are available?

I have looked at the law and I am working on making belt-feds and pump belt feds.

I expect these to sell well.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    I have looked at the law and I am working on making belt-feds and pump belt feds.

I expect these to sell well.

Thankfully our legislators feel that belt fed firearms are safer firearms.

Attachments

• DSCN0032.jpg
      DSCN0032.jpg
      54.7 KB · Views: 270

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Mini-14's will imeadately jump to the forefront of the semiauto .223 market .if enough mfgs step up with expanded HBAR offering they would be competitive down the road.

AR-10s , etc in .308 will be more popular than now , but not near #1 .

.22lrs are a different catagory from CF's.

Even with modern technology , you can't make a rimfire to match .223 . But with a clean sheet , you could do very interesting things with larger dia rimfires.

And I'll ask again , it's been implied , and even directly stated in this thread that AR's are largest selling. Stastics anyone ? No doubt they are popular and *in common usage* , but #1 is a bold leap. Whole bunches of bolts and levers out there also.

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Mini-14's will imeadately jump to the forefront of the semiauto .223 market .if enough mfgs step up with expanded HBAR offering they would be competitive down the road.

AR-10s , etc in .308 will be more popular than now , but not near #1 .

.22lrs are a different catagory from CF's.

Even with modern technology , you can't make a rimfire to match .223 . But with a clean sheet , you could do very interesting things with larger dia rimfires.

And I'll ask again , it's been implied , and even directly stated in this thread that AR's are largest selling. Stastics anyone ? No doubt they are popular and *in common usage* , but #1 is a bold leap. Whole bunches of bolts and levers out there also.

First, someone is going to invent a better mouse trap. Just the way it goes... whether the AR-15 is banned or not in Maryland or in the entire country is of little significance, in and of itself.

Something will replace it the standard AR-15 rifle. I am not so sure that it would be or will be the mini-14. Right now, with the way the law is written, I believe it will continue to be the HBAR sporter variant that will continue to dominate the marketplace, as well as other forms of AR based firearms. Whether that be an AR-10 or something a little more exotic (like SBR's). I really see this propelling the AR-10 back to the front of the market.

So in the end, what will the banning of the AR-15 achieve? It will send the market looking for weapons that offer greater capability, greater economy, or both from the market. Look at the number of people looking at the AR-10 as a replacement for the AR-15. The same is true with the Mini-14, people are scrambling to pick these up too.

This might as well have been the MD gun stimulus act of 2013.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Wolfloc22

Latest threads

Top Bottom