• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teqmod

redneck gun toting member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn
    Wags in Downtown Frederick has some of the best burgers IMO

For chain restaurants, Red Robin has a decent selection.

But for my all time favorite grab and go burger, head to a Sonic! It's not just the burger, it's the fun of eating at an old style drive in. Ranks up there with 5 Guys for me.

And if you ever make it down south, you MUST have Whataburger. This isn't an option, it is a requirement.

Never understood the following for Whataburger, I would take Roys or BK over that one any day of the week. I do agree with Red Robin having awesome burgers!

HeatSeeker

Ultimate Member
    Jun 18, 2012
    Maryland
    Bobby Flay's @ MD Live, 5 Guys, Abbey Burger Bistro OC. All are D-licious

For a more convenient burger: Burger King, if you can get a whopper freshly made they are pretty damn good. Also McD's new 1/4 lb Deluxe is pretty tasty.

Jan 28, 2013
    This! I live two minutes from that place and eat there occasionally.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I too am about 2 to 4 minutes away from it just across to hoco line. That place is a dirty nasty $hithole but the food is always good. It is always busy.

leibowitzian

Sep 15, 2013
    It's been said twice in this thread already, but I think The Burger Joint is really the best burger I've ever had. Seriously, this is the only burger I've ever had that I think ketchup would ruin. Keep it simple, the meat is what's excellent here, not the fixins. They even have a couple decent beers on tap. It's next to the Rio in Gaithersburg.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Best burger I ever had was one of the Green Chile Cheesebugers at the famous Owl Bar & Cafe just south of Socorro, in San Antonio, New Mexico. They are famous well beyond the New Mexico state line in other parts of the US. I liked them so much I returned to MD with a supply of Santa Fe Roasted Green Chiles so I could make my own.

Rehabitdc

Mar 28, 2013
    Potomac area
    Sunshine burger in Sunshine, MD. It's the gas station on the corner. Go to the back of the store. They have a grill that has somehow been missed by the health inspector for over 40 years. It is well seasoned. Don't dress up. It's a local secret.

Sent from my smartphone using Tappatalk 2.

This!!! Great burger

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    Wait, that place in Sunshine still there!? I used to get both bait fish and a burger at that joint before fishing at Tridelphia eons ago. Happened to drive by a couple months ago and thought it was shuttered, no? Funny thing was, I was remarking that the health inspectors musta finally found that place! If its still open, its a gem fo sho!

offroaD

Jun 1, 2011
    It's been said twice in this thread already, but I think The Burger Joint is really the best burger I've ever had. Seriously, this is the only burger I've ever had that I think ketchup would ruin. Keep it simple, the meat is what's excellent here, not the fixins. They even have a couple decent beers on tap. It's next to the Rio in Gaithersburg.

my friend said he didnt like it and so I havnt gone there. But now I think I will have to go out and try it!

FireAtWill

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot
    Sep 12, 2013
    Frederick
    In order:

Green Chile Cheeseburger - Blake's Lotaburger; Albuquerque, NM
    Steak & Shake - Florida
    Burgers and Buns in Paradise - Frederick (just east of the Fairgrounds)

D3V1L

Dec 26, 2012
    Elkridge
    10 patty vertigo burger with bacon at elevation burger. First time i went because of a google offer for a buy one get one free elevation burger (2 patties each). I expected to eat one and save the second for dinner later but before I knew it I was back in line to order 2 more. Just wish they had the option to add a fried egg.

MDSailor3768

Sep 11, 2013
    +1 for sonic (i know fast food)

Chili at Mothers in Arnold is great! They also have a great burger selection!

The fires at Checkers are my absolute favorite!

teqmod

redneck gun toting member
    Jan 14, 2013
    Downey Oshunn
    McGoos in downtown Frederick has a badass double burger. I thought Wags was pretty good until I went over to McGoos.

McGoos is owned by Jennifer Dougherty the former mayor of Frederick. Won't spend a dime there after the damage she did.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012

I can't believe how bad the burger I had from The Burger Joint in Bethesda was.
    I've only been to the one in Columbia and its always been very good but Bethesda was horrible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Davidbanner

Latest threads

Top Bottom