• ...and so much more!
  • marko12

Sep 28, 2009
    Maryland, on the Chesapeake Bay

sgt23preston

USMC LLA. NRA Life Member
    May 19, 2011
    Perry Hall
    sgt23preston, you are correct, sir, as usual. I've been there several times and have always been served an excellent meal. The price is more than reasonable which makes the meal taste even better. Perhaps after a day at the range we should hit "FireBirds" ?

Sounds Good Marko, we'll try to do it this Fall...

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    The burgers trbon8r and I grilled up last night were pretty much better than anything I've ever gotten in a restaurant and for about 1/4 of the price.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/bronco-burger/detail.aspx

+1 for grilling it yourself. A million different ways to make great burgers at home, but try this: 1 can of RO-TEL, and 1 can of fiesta corn, and add a raw egg & mix well with good fresh beef at room temp. Grill on high heat, should take only about 2 minutes pour on some ALLEGRO Marinade, let soak in for another 30 seconds or so, then flip and repeat on the other side. BAM!

I like a large slice of cheddar, some gently grilled onion, 1 large slice of tomato & dab of spicy relish and top it off.

Not mine, but close:

BlazingOnionBurger2-M.jpg

If you feel like going out and letting someone else do the flipping for you, try:

Woodmont Grill in Bethesda
    Hempen Hill BBQ
    Kooper's Tavern
    The Abbey Burger Bistro
    Alonso's Loco Hombre
    or
    Mother's Federal Hill Grille

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    For those in Moco, Quarry House Tavern. If you can find it...the burgers and house made Chips RULE! Locals won't how you where it's hidden though - ya gotta earn that burger.:party29:

RugerFan

Jul 18, 2013
    Silver Spring
    +1 on Quarry House...great burgers, plus, IMO, the most authentic Buffalo wings in the area. But what do I know?

Oh, wait, I'm from BUFFALO...

RF

Goateggs

Jan 27, 2013
    Annapolis
    For restaurants, Riverbay Roadhouse in Cape St. Claire has $5.00 burgers on Wednesday nights. Might not be the best burger ever (though they are very good), but it will be the best $5.00 burger you've ever had.

Gotta dispute this. The Brian Boru on Ritchie Highway has $5.00 burgers on Monday nights. I live in Atlantis, and I love Riverbay Roadhouse, but Brian Boru's burgers are better.

aireyc

Ultimate Member
    Jan 14, 2013
    OHH MANN I LOVE BURGERS! I honestly don't have a favorite. I'm always down for Abbey Burger in Fed Hill and Five Guys. I like going to Charm City Burger Wars at Mother's in Fed Hill to get a nice sampling of area burgers. They are holding the annual event on September 28th this year.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    One of the best burgers around was the Hickory Burger at Houston's in Rockville, which closed years ago.

Not Your Average Joe's in the Kentlands had amazing burgers. Matchbox in Rockville is also decent.

Hard Times Cafe can be hit or miss, but they do have a discount on burgers on Monday. smashburger in Fairfax is also pretty good.

I'm a burger connoisseur, and I agree better burgers can be made at home. But there are some top-notch burgers available at restaurants. Sometimes you do have to pay more for a decent one.

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom