• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Angeleyes1968

Sep 3, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    I have 2 questions here; I purchased a gun fron gunbroker.com and need to snd it to an FFL for transfer to me. Where is the best place to use? I am in Lusby/ Solomon's. Second question, I heard from someone that the gun must be shot and a casing snt to MSP, is that true? Is there a cost for that? Ok, that was 3, sorry.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Here's the link to the buyer's page on gunbroker. There's a 'find an FFL' icon that you can use to search by zip code.

http://www.gunbroker.com/User/BuyerTutorial.aspx

If it's a used gun made before 1985, you should be free and clear. Used made after 1985 has to be on the handgun roster (search the MSP website). Others may correct me if that is wrong.

If it's a new gun, you will ened a shell casing and many manufacturers include it with the gun. Your FFL will send the case to MSP. If no shell casing, you'll have to find a local FFL and they will charge for that, though if they do the xfer, they may throw that in or lower the fee.

Here is the handgun roster:

http://www.msp.maryland.gov/Organization/SupportServicesBureau/LicensingDivision/HandgunRoster.aspx

Angeleyes1968

Sep 3, 2012
    Southern Maryland
    If it were me I would have made arrangements with an FFL prior to making any purchase just to give them a heads up.

The gun won't arrive for a few weeks so I assumed I would have time and when I spoke to a couple of dealers at the Buck Wild Expo I was under the impression that I could do it after. I will remember for next time, thanks.

Kinbote

Aug 17, 2010
    Keepshooting.com in Waldorf is the best FFL I know of in southern MD. You can go to their website to get their number and give them a call, or check out their page on this site.

inkd

Ultimate Member
    Aug 4, 2009
    Ridge
    Put in the paperwork to be a designated collector too. That way you can buy more than one regulated firearm a month.

It doesn't cost anything, you can get the paperwork off the MSP website I believe?

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    I have 2 questions here; I purchased a gun fron gunbroker.com and need to snd it to an FFL for transfer to me. Where is the best place to use? I am in Lusby/ Solomon's. Second question, I heard from someone that the gun must be shot and a casing snt to MSP, is that true? Is there a cost for that? Ok, that was 3, sorry.

Keepshooting in Waldorf would probably be your best choice if the gun is new and needs a fired shell casing. Here's their IP section http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=25369 and their phone number 800-570-8239 ask for Mario.

If the gun is used then there are a few home based FFl's in your area that may be a little cheaper. PM me for their contact info. None of them are I.P.'s here so I won't give their info on the open forum.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Keepshooting ! Great service , and reasonable.

Downside is no retail storefront , apointment only , hard to find if you haven't already been to the secret location.

The rest of the equasion is that closer to home , but somewhat more expensive may workout better , particularly for regulated involving two round trips. Since Brian is also close , makes it easy for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom