• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    Looks like they combined a Vertec with a "Ninety-Two".... and let me guess, the bazillion 92 magazines out there won't fit the new one... I learned how to shoot on a 92FS, and the Berettas are second nature so I'd give it a shot I guess...

Mags should be the same - I used to own a Vertec and also have a 92FS, and both used the same mags.

beretta_maven

Free Thinking Member
    Jan 2, 2014
    SoMD
    That slide mounted safety is pure idiocy. That should have been eliminated 80 years ago by Walther, before the P38. There is no excuse for such bad engineering.

That right there is a sufficient explanation for why the damn Nazis lost the war.

I'm surprised the engineer wasn't convicted and hanged at Nuremberg.

Especially since the Taurus PT92 clone of the Beretta 92FS was re-engineered to move the safety to the frame.

lsw

לא לדרוך עליי
    Sep 2, 2013
    Especially since the Taurus PT92 clone of the Beretta 92FS was re-engineered to move the safety to the frame.

Interestingly no engineering was needed by Taurus. The earliest Beretta 92s also had slide-mounted safeties. Taurus never changed it when they bought the tooling from Beretta to produce the PT92 & PT99. (Up to the mid 80s or so you could purchase a Beretta with either safety system.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom