• fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!
    Either most voters are not a one issue voter, or there are some seriously lazy 2nd Amendment supporters. Hoping it is the former and not the latter. Then again, if it is the latter there is still hope if they can be motivated.

The fact it's easier to buy a handgun in Washington D.C. than Maryland should be enough to motivate every 2A supporter.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Another perfect example of how unreasonable and burdensome Maryland's firearm laws are.

Not to be argumentative, but, have to disagree.

It's a perfect example of how far too many firearms owners in Maryland don't step up to protect the Right, and instead expect others to do the heavy lifting and for the legislative world to revolve around them.

Yeah, that may ruffle some feathers, but I'm calling no one out. It's up to each and every one of us to do what is necessary to fight back the infringements.

IMO, there is no reason that we cannot get multiple thousands of people in Analpolis on any given day to stand up and be heard.

THAT is how the laws get changed.

/rant

radial

Nov 23, 2011
    Boyds
    I don't want a Beretta, but I have nothing but respect and admiration for their integrity. Our politicians could take lessons.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013

It's a perfect example of how far too many firearms owners in Maryland don't step up to protect the Right, and instead expect others to do the heavy lifting and for the legislative world to revolve around them.

Yeah, that may ruffle some feathers, but I'm calling no one out. It's up to each and every one of us to do what is necessary to fight back the infringements.

IMO, there is no reason that we cannot get multiple thousands of people in Analpolis on any given day to stand up and be heard.

/rant

Bravo!

annihilation-time

MOLON LABE
    Jun 14, 2010
    Hazzard County!

/rant

You didn't really disagree. You just explained why our laws are so unreasonable and burdensome, and I completely agree with you.

I think the biggest problem we face is making people understand they can make a difference. Too many Marylanders feel disenfranchised.

Mr H

Banana'd
    You didn't really disagree. You just explained why our laws are so unreasonable and burdensome, and I completely agree with you.

I think the biggest problem we face is making people understand they can make a difference. Too many Marylanders feel disenfranchised.

Good point... but this is precisely why the push both last GA session and this, to provide folks with the resources and opportunities to make that difference.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll

THAT is how the laws get changed

/rant

Yeah, I doubt getting 10,000 people in Annapolis will get the laws changed when the Maryland population is 6,000,000. 10,000 people is only 1% of the population in Montgomery County. There were 3,000 people there for SB281, and the laws were surely changed, and not in favor of the 3,000.

Now, electing different candidates and making it clear why the incumbents were kicked out of office, now THAT is how the laws get changed. Of course, there is also referendum which was torpedoed and then there are the Courts. So, we can agree to disagree on how laws are changed.

Who knows, maybe gun owners are so battered in this state that they feel like things are hopeless. Could also be that not enough people hear about a rally in Annapolis. I didn't get a call from the NRA for 2A Tuesday like I did last year. Actually, I received several calls from the NRA last year. Might be that the word did not get out to those that were not members of certain groups, but who knows.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Oh, no... No call from the NRA?

That's because it wasn't the NRA's show alone.

NRA (no offense to my friends there) is akin to a 4-letter word to the MD Powers that Be, and nearly The Great Satan.

We know differently, but they are more than willing to use it as a media point.

There was no muli-thousand turnout this time for several reasons... and none of them matter in the grand scheme.

We will not be taking our Rights back with a million people descending on Annapolis or DC... it will be because we spread the word, and people become involved, and yes, because elections have consequences.

But for people to keep beating the drum about "entrenched this" and "referendum that" and "percentage the other"...

Are you actually doing anything, or just flapping your fingers on an internet forum???

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan

/rant

VOTING is how laws get changed. Whining about laws, while not even being registered to vote, does absolutely nothing.

501st

Ultimate Member
    Jun 16, 2011
    Yeah, I doubt getting 10,000 people in Annapolis will get the laws changed when the Maryland population is 6,000,000. 10,000 people is only 1% of the population in Montgomery County. There were 3,000 people there for SB281, and the laws were surely changed, and not in favor of the 3,000.

Now, electing different candidates and making it clear why the incumbents were kicked out of office, now THAT is how the laws get changed. Of course, there is also referendum which was torpedoed and then there are the Courts. So, we can agree to disagree on how laws are changed.

Who knows, maybe gun owners are so battered in this state that they feel like things are hopeless. Could also be that not enough people hear about a rally in Annapolis. I didn't get a call from the NRA for 2A Tuesday like I did last year. Actually, I received several calls from the NRA last year. Might be that the word did not get out to those that were not members of certain groups, but who knows.

NRA sent out several emails about 2A Tuesday.

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    "In brief remarks on the Senate floor today, Miller said unlike Maryland Tennessee has laws that allow people to carry guns on playgrounds, and allowing people to store guns in parked vehicles."

Is this guy for real? What a knuckle head.

And no blood running in the streets ... speaks for itself, doesn't it?

Nikon

Jan 24, 2013

/rant

This!

Nikon

Jan 24, 2013
    NRA sent out several emails about 2A Tuesday.

More importantly, the organizers - MSI, AGC, and the other local grass roots organizations sent out many notices well before 2ATuesday. Have you registered on any of their sites for up-to-date information on what's happening in this GA? These are the groups that are making the difference in MD, not the NRA.

Get involved!

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    definitely makes me want to add another Beretta to the collection... but you know, what i really want is a 1201FP and i am not sure they see any money from those at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GD-3

Latest threads

Top Bottom