• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vandrv

Oct 8, 2013
    Harford County
    I don't know if his subject has been done to death, but search doesn't seem to be working. I am looking for ideas as to how to keep a gun handy beside my bed. I live in a home without children and currently just keep a Sig P220 on the floor next to the bed. At one point I kept an 870 between the mattress and box spring, but destroyed the finish and I don't want to do that again.
    Any good ideas would be appreciated. I would also be interested in recommendations for a good weapon light.

tony b

Ultimate Member
    Jan 20, 2012
    Joppa
    mount a holster to back side of head board. for shotgun scabbard mounted to the underside of bed frame.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Mine sits on top of a plastic ammo can, under 3 inches of dog hair. Sure hope it at least fires the first round.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Keep it anywhere that you can put your mits on it rapidly but out of the way so that you don't trip over it when you are pressed for time.

Lew--Ranger63

BMassBMore

Apr 22, 2013
    Baltimore
    www.fas1safe.com Accessible in about as much time as it takes to open a nightstand drawer, but inaccessible to anyone else.

For a light, I'm fond of the Streamlight TLR-4 laser/light combo for about $115, or the TLR-3 light only for about $80.

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Maybe something like this:

bedside_backup_MAIN.jpg

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/H...er/tabid/112/slug/bedside-backup/Default.aspx

niftyvt

Ultimate Member
    Aug 21, 2010
    Virginia
    I use a GCode RTS wheel that is bolted to my night stand with a Safariland ALS light compatible holster that holds my G19. Works great and when I put the gun in the safe when I leave for work I just un clip it and put holster + gun way. No need to un holster. When I carry around my property I just clip the holster to a belt adapter or paddle adapter depending on what I am wearing. Super slick and no need to un holster while moving the gun from place to place, ie it greatly reduces unnecessary gun handling which reduces opportunities for a metal lapse which can cause an ND.

http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/Accessories/GCA25.html
    http://www.tacticalholsters.com/product/Accessories/GCA39.html

While typing this I just realized that I need to get another wheel and screw it to the inside of my safe or under one of the shelves. Since I built a bunch of my AR lowers my shelf space is filled and I have been just sitting my holster+glock on the floor of my safe jammed between rifle stocks. . . why the heck didn't I think of this before lol! :lol2:

Mine sits on top of a plastic ammo can, under 3 inches of dog hair. Sure hope it at least fires the first round.
    I hear you, I just cleaned my bedside G19 in December. . . how the heck did dog hair get into the barrel? :D

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Simple works for me, when home - on my hip in a Safariland 6378.

At night, the holster/gun go into the open night-stand drawer. As I gain my grip, thumb trips the release - gun comes out, holster stays in drawer.

Any other time it goes into the safe.

Trepang

Ultimate Member
    Dec 10, 2015
    Southern Illinois
    We are also in a home without children. None of our own and none visiting. Glock 30 SF and Beretta 92SF with Surefire G2Xs. I keep it simple. Loaded in the nightstand drawers.

Attachments

• Glock 30.jpg
      Glock 30.jpg
      61 KB · Views: 784
    • Night Stand.jpg
      Night Stand.jpg
      53.7 KB · Views: 755

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I have kids and visitors around the house, so I bought a small Barska biometric safe when it was the Gold Box Deal of the Day on Amazon. I've programmed it to recognize either of my two fingers (one from each hand in case I cannot use a finger from one hand for whatever reason) and I have the safe right next to my bed. It literally takes seconds to open and keeps the loaded firearm safe from someone else's hands.

Cal68

lonzo

Dec 8, 2015
    Moco
    I have a gun vault safe. holds everything I need and even has an alarm if moved. Have a 15 yr old in the house. The safe isnt small. but they do have a single gun safe that you can mount it to the nightstand or whatever

http://www.gunvault.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom