• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • G29guy

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 2, 2016
    DC area
    ...aww, Blaster, did you edit your reply to me???

X shot: hmm, I usually have it up in the pillow area when I do that so its really just the weight of the mattress on it...haven't noticed a finish issue yet...and yes, there are better ways to do it, its just an answer if someone really feels the need for it and hasn't purchased or is waiting on another option to arrive

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    ...aww, Blaster, did you edit your reply to me???

X shot: hmm, I usually have it up in the pillow area when I do that so its really just the weight of the mattress on it...haven't noticed a finish issue yet...and yes, there are better ways to do it, its just an answer if someone really feels the need for it and hasn't purchased or is waiting on another option to arrive

yeah. Was gonna put some other stuff but the cell phone tether froze the connection and screwed things up.

Then figured you misunderstood the op was meaning accessible bed side storage. I'll get ya next go 'round ;)

vandrv

Oct 8, 2013
    Harford County
    That's a good easy way to ruin a guns finish. There's a lot of pressure on it when shoved between the matters and box spring.

Beside holster bracket is the way to go.

That was my experience as well. I kept an 870 between my box spring and mattress and wound up ruining the finish.

Cal68

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 4, 2014
    Montgomery County
    I also have one of these keyed to my prints and my wife's prints. I made the mistake of not opening mine for 4-5 months (I have my Glock 21 in there and my wife's Beretta M92 and for a while our range time was with some new toys) and when I went to open it the battery had died and I had to find the key to open it up. Now I not only shoot my Glock 21 more often to stay familiar with it but I check the safe weekly to make sure the batteries are good.

Good point, thanks for the tip. I'll have to check the owner's manual to find out how long the battery is supposed to last.

Cal68

Major Major

Feb 19, 2013
    Frederick Co
    Everything Unloaded in the closet safe when the grandkids are in the house or I am out. In past I kept my 357 in the nightstand loaded and then unload and locked up every morning. My big worry-one day I will get distracted and forget and leave it accessible. So I have just been keeping the mag of my shotgun full with empty chamber and in the locked safe with the key nearby

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    That's true. But a child shooting themselves is much more of a fear for many of us than a home invasion is.

Don't have kids.
    Kids don't get ahold of gun.
    Bad guys get ahold of bullet.
    Problem solved.

I understand though. That's a tough problem to work around.

omegared24

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2011
    Ijamsville, MD
    That's true. But a child shooting themselves is much more of a fear for many of us than a home invasion is.

I agree completely. I trust my kids completely but you never know what can happen. I also can't trust other kids that come to my house and have a responsibility to keep them from getting hurt/killed.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Check out simplex (mechanical) lock pistol boxes. They're pricier than some of the electronic ones (gunvault, etc) but you never have to worry about the batteries dying, and they seem more robust in general. FAS1 and VLine make good ones, and of course the Ft. Knox pistol box.

Im such a sucker for the Beretta with that Inox finish.

Ugh, me too.

So you tactically reassemble it as the bad guys are crashing in?

You mean you don't do this? :shocked:

:lol:

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    il_214x170.877736771_e5of.jpg

Twin tacticool drop-leg holsters and camo boxers, with a belt buckle flash light...
    Gotta proteckdeeznutz... :D

chuck

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2016
    Anne Arundel
    For those with kids around, what about using an under desk safe under your bed?

Quicker to go under a bed than it is to go into a drawer. Downside is that kids can see the safe and simplex locks can eventually be unlocked through trial and error.

TomisinMd

Ultimate Member
    Mar 11, 2013
    Elkton, Md
    Shotgun is loaded, empty chamber in the safe. Less than a second I'm in. No way am I having a loaded weapon outside the safe under any circumstances, except zombies or civil unrest ;)

Dave Greenberg

Oct 24, 2015
    Millersville
    I have kids and have other peoples kids over quite a bit although my room is off limits. I keep my piece on top of my dresser inside this.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-11-13-11-31.jpg
      Screenshot_2016-03-11-13-11-31.jpg
      21.5 KB · Views: 208

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads