• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    That's a good easy way to ruin a guns finish. There's a lot of pressure on it when shoved between the matters and box spring.

Beside holster bracket is the way to go.

How does pressure damage the finish??????

Xshot

Ultimate Member
    BANNED!!!
    Aug 14, 2013
    Pasadena, MD
    How does pressure damage the finish??????

It doesn't. But paired with the abrasive materials of the mattress and box spring, it will. It'll tear up the finish in no time at all.
    Stick one of your nice guns under the mattress for a few months. Let me know how it turns out for you.

Orthogonal

Jul 23, 2013
    Bel Air
    It doesn't. But paired with the abrasive materials of the mattress and box spring, it will. It'll tear up the finish in no time at all.
    Stick one of your nice guns under the mattress for a few months. Let me know how it turns out for you.

Less .... if you pursue, let us say, an 'active' lifestyle .... YMMV.

I have small children. I have a full size gun safe in the back of the bedroom closet, but next to the bed I have The Liberty HDX-250 biometric gun safe:

http://www.cabelas.com/product/LIBE...=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=04062604&rid=20

Got it for a bit less than 200 as I recall when Cabelas had a skid of them on sale. Wasn't looking to spend even that much, but a year in now, it has been worth every penny.

It programs easy, opens easy on the first swipe, and is spring loaded for horizontal or vertical mount - it opens fast. It has internal batteries, but also includes an external AC adapter, and manual key. There is a sturdy mount plate that is sold separately.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    Downside to the Simplex type: someone can run through all possible combinations in 15 minutes.

No sign of entry.

Downside to the downside: If someone has 15 minutes in which to run through all possible combinations you are either away or dead.

If you want a 100% guaranteed pick-proof safe, weld the damned thing shut.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

I was just questioning the original statement.

It also depends on what the finish is. Some are more durable than others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Millebar

Latest threads

Top Bottom