• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Thanks for the update. Cool you guys ended up staying at the same place.
    I noticed your time frame and double checked the season length. That’s cool they made it longer and included a weekend day! Don’t know when that changed but good luck when you get back out.
    Yes sir. We had a blast! :)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    It was great meeting Outrider and the Doc last night. I was really hoping they had better luck than me. If I was deer, turkey, or chipmunk hunting it would’ve been a banner day yesterday. I did manage to get out for a quick morning hunt this morning then packed it in myself, too much happening at work to risk being stuck out that way late into the night tonight when I had to be back in the office early tomorrow. I still plan to head back out Friday afternoon and Saturday, work (& weather) depending. If anyone else is still out, good luck. We left a few out there for y’all for sure.
    Hopefully, you'll get some cooler weather and are able to tag one out. Good luck to you Al!

akalma

MDS Supporter
    Nov 24, 2008
    МоКо
    Hunted yesterday and are hunting today. Saw only chipmunks and squirrels. My friend doesn't have any vacation days left and will leave Garrett country tonight. Weather is marvellous but today is more windy and warmer.
    Forgot to mention we hunt on public land. A friend has a private land not so far but has only deer on cameras and only at night time. Had two bears caught on camera but it was in August.

Last edited:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Hunted yesterday and are hunting today. Saw only chipmunks and squirrels. My friend doesn't have any vacation days left and will leave Garrett country tonight. Weather is marvellous but today is more windy and warmer.

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk
    Good luck tonight!

akalma

MDS Supporter
    Nov 24, 2008
    МоКо
    Judging from opening day success reports, yes. But, bear were shot so...
    Yep, we'll see.
    There is a blond joke. Blond is being asked - lady, you work in downtown of big city. What is the probability you meet a dinosaur face to face at street? - Oh, it is fifty -fifty - either I meet it or not!
    So my chance is still fifty-fifty!

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Yep, we'll see.
    There is a blond joke. Blond is being asked - lady, you work in downtown of big city. What is the probability you meet a dinosaur face to face at street? - Oh, it is fifty -fifty - either I meet it or not!
    So my chance is still fifty-fifty!

Schrodinger's cat. It's always 50% chance. The binary code- 0 or 1. It either will or won't... lol
    Anyway, I got my NICS dated today!

350.png

Last edited:

akalma

MDS Supporter
    Nov 24, 2008
    МоКо
    Schrodinger's cat. It's always 50% chance. The binary code- 0 or 1. It either will or won't... lol
    Anyway, I got my NICS dated today!
    Congrats! And I got approved today!
    Hunt is done, didn't see any animals at all, not even chipmuncs (birds are not counted)

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Just checked the weather for Deep Creek area this upcoming weekend. The rain they were forecasting on Friday and Saturday has disappeared for now. I was struggling with my plan to go back for Friday evening and all day Saturday hunt, the bad weather being the main reason. Now I don’t have that excuse, looks like I might have to find another one....:innocent0

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Congrats! And I got approved today!
    Hunt is done, didn't see any animals at all, not even chipmuncs (birds are not counted)
    A bittersweet day. Congrats on the gaining back a huge portion of your God-given rights. Sorry about the hunt. That's why it's called hunting and not grocery shopping, I guess. :)

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Just checked the weather for Deep Creek area this upcoming weekend. The rain they were forecasting on Friday and Saturday has disappeared for now. I was struggling with my plan to go back for Friday evening and all day Saturday hunt, the bad weather being the main reason. Now I don’t have that excuse, looks like I might have to find another one....:innocent0
    :D I'm sure you'll think of something. Best of luck, my friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom