• ...and so much more!
  • RRomig

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 30, 2021
    Burtonsville MD
    Probably not.
    When an outfit has 100% success due to bait and cameras and all that’s left to the hunter is hitting a target then that’s my loose interpretation of a canned hunt. I’m not knocking it Im just comparing hunting bear in Maine vs Maryland. I’ve done both so I’m truly not starting nothing or throwing stones.

LOL, not sure your definition of a " canned hunt" is the same as that in common use.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Good luck to everybody who will start bear hunting tomorrow!
    Same to you my friend. We were able to find a couple places to hunt public land thanks to Park Ranger. Whether or not it pays off, we are still very greatful for his help.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Outrider took this pic of me when we were scouting. He said if I go in about 20 minutes after him, the real bears will follow me and he can bag one. Something about doing the forum a favor. I don’t get it, but I’m a team player.
    A5C9ACA7-2053-4790-BC1D-5F99062513B7.jpeg

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    I got drawn twice before in the lottery and my one son once. The past few years I didnt sign up for the draw because of no hunting partners anymore. My friend at work is with his daughter near Green Ridge staying in his camper. His daughter got drawn this year. I wish you all the best of luck and Outrider go get em.

mauser58

My home is a sports store
    Dec 2, 2020
    Baltimore County, near the Bay
    I got drawn twice before in the lottery and my one son once. The past few years I didnt sign up for the draw because of no hunting partners anymore. My friend at work is with his daughter near Green Ridge staying in his camper. His daughter got drawn this year. I wish you all the best of luck and Outrider go get em.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Thanks m58! I've got Dr. Goodhair with me. Hopefully we can make it happen.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007

Never field dressed a bear, but done plenty of deer. Anatomy is all the same for the innards...

Last edited:

AlBeight

MDS Supporter
    Mar 30, 2017
    Hampstead
    Same to you my friend. We were able to find a couple places to hunt public land thanks to Park Ranger. Whether or not it pays off, we are still very greatful for his help.
    You didn’t by chance check into the Comfort Inn Grantsville at about 3:15pm today did you? I saw two bear hunters checking in, and though we’ve never met I’ve seen a couple pics of you on the deer threads and one of the guys looked a lot like those pics, blue Ram truck? Just curious, if so I was the bearded guy with glasses in the blue flannel shirt checking in right behind you, white Chevy lifted truck. If not, never mind and good luck this week to you both.

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You didn’t by chance check into the Comfort Inn Grantsville at about 3:15pm today did you? I saw two bear hunters checking in, and though we’ve never met I’ve seen a couple pics of you on the deer threads and one of the guys looked a lot like those pics, blue Ram truck? Just curious, if so I was the bearded guy with glasses in the blue flannel shirt checking in right behind you, white Chevy lifted truck. If not, never mind and good luck this week to you both.
    Lol. That’s right. I saw you. I was “the other guy”. The one with amazing hair.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Saw you. Black pearl ram.
    The nice lady at the desk asked if we we here to bear hunt. Not many hotel receptionists ask that question. Lol

Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I have ZERO problem with others hunting and understand it's even good for the population. BUT.......I couldn't shoot a bear. They are just too darned cute. Sooooooo, good luck to you guys. I sincerely wish you success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    dracula

Latest threads

Top Bottom