• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    That ruling has some solid depth and references, and tackles straight on the issue of the US (in this case) deliberately trying to take Bruen remarks out of context. Judge calls that what it is, and backs it up.

Phoenix_1295

Creature of Life and Fire
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 6, 2010
    MD
    Note that in MD, firearms are prohibited in government buildings under SB 1.

For clarification, the provision of Maryland CR 4-111(a)(4)(i), states:

(4) “Government or public infrastructure area” means:
    (i) a building or any part of a building owned or leased by a unit of State or local government;

Federal government buildings are covered under federal law.

18 U.S. Code § 930
    Possession of firearms and dangerous weapons in Federal facilities

39 CFR § 232.1
    (l) Weapons and explosives. No person while on postal property may carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed, or store the same on postal property, except for official purposes.

[edited for typo]

Last edited:

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    For clarification, the provision of Maryland CR 4-111(a)(4)(i), states:

(4) “Government or public infrastructure area” means:
    (i) a building or any part of a building owned or leased by a unit of State or local government;

Federal government buildings are covered under federal law.

18 U.S. Code § 930
    Possession of firearms and dangerous weapons in Federal facilities

39 CFR § 232.1
    (l) Weapons and explosives. No person while on postal property may carry firearms, other dangerous or deadly weapons, or explosives, either openly or concealed, or store the same on postal property, except for official pur- poses.
    This. The state has no control over a federal government building

Last edited:

delaware_export

Ultimate Member
    Apr 10, 2018
    How long do they have to file an appeal? deadline?

and how long do you think it will take? To file it…

in 5..4..3..

Last edited:

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Mine does. Now who knows if they work or not. It has had a malfunctioning door for like two years now, so their maintenance record is poor.
    Those are probably RFID readers to keep customers from stealing packaging items that are for sale in the P.O.

E.Shell

Ultimate Member
    Feb 5, 2007
    Mid-Merlind
    So, CMC and if some unlucky SOB somehow gets arrested for violating the PO anywhere in the country, the affirmative defense is this case?

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    Mine does. Now who knows if they work or not. It has had a malfunctioning door for like two years now, so their maintenance record is poor.
    Sounds like my Post Office, too. They can't seem to do even the most rudimentary maintenance on the doors, the package drop chutes, let alone the parking lot. It's a dump. Ours also has those retail style counter-shoplifting walk through RFID panels between the exterior doors and the walk-up service area. Given the rest of the place, I find it highly unlikely they are in any way functional. But they're not metal detectors.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    These days I have to actually go into the PO to mail my letters. Apparently it's the New Thing to rob the Blue Boxes on the streets. I'm told that you can get the Universal Key on ebay, and alter checks and such to rob the unwary and empty their bank accounts.

At any rate, when it absolutely has to get there before the Vernal Equinox, mail it inside, where they haven't learned how to steal the mail yet.

And no, my PO doesn't have metal detectors.

Nobody

Ultimate Member
    Jan 15, 2009
    I have a question, in Dundalk at the drug store that has a post office counter in it but it is not a part office building. If one was to go to that counter would you be in violation of federal law?
    Nobody

Alan3413

Ultimate Member
    Mar 4, 2013
    So we keep winning on carry cases, but eventually won't be allowed to buy or possess anything to carry beyond flintlock pistols and a single charge of black powder and birdshot.
    Then I'll carry a brace of pistols. And a blunderbuss for good measure.

Arrrgh!

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I have a question, in Dundalk at the drug store that has a post office counter in it but it is not a part office building. If one was to go to that counter would you be in violation of federal law?
    Nobody

Who knows?
    Is it federal property?
    Are you really that concerned, or just curious?

You could fedex your stuff to the USPS, I suppose, and avoid the issue entirely.

Worsley

I apologize for hurting your feelings!
    Jan 5, 2022
    Westminster
    I find it unacceptable that buildings paid for with tax revenue infringe on our constitutional right to bear arms.

gtodave

MDS Supporter
    Aug 14, 2007
    Mt Airy
    Those are probably RFID readers to keep customers from stealing packaging items that are for sale in the P.O.

Sounds like my Post Office, too. They can't seem to do even the most rudimentary maintenance on the doors, the package drop chutes, let alone the parking lot. It's a dump. Ours also has those retail style counter-shoplifting walk through RFID panels between the exterior doors and the walk-up service area. Given the rest of the place, I find it highly unlikely they are in any way functional. But they're not metal detectors.
    Thanks to you both!

Dataluss

To KEEP and BEAR ARMS, Shall NOT be Infringed.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 9, 2022
    Owings Mills MD
    Mark, AGAIN, gives an EXCELLENT explanation on this PO Unconstitutional federal law. We still have to wait for an INJUNCTION to the law FIRST. At this point, It was ruled UNCONSTITUTIONAL in this fella's case ONLY. Once an INJUNCTION is issued on it, IT will TRUMP MD State law. So AGAIN, FYI, for now, we still can't carry in the Post Offices.

Last edited:

remrug

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2009
    manchester md
    In the mid 90's I bought a new Mossberg shotgun. The trigger was messed up and I wanted to send it back to Mossberg for repairs. I had tossed the box before then......long story about that.
    I called the Hampstead Post Office to tell them I had a shotgun to send back ,but I had no box.
    To my surprise, the lady said to just bring it on in and they would supply an appropriate size box. I asked a second time in case she didnt hear me correctly. I asked if I needed to have it in a case or broke down and she said again to just bring it on in, just dont point it anybody.
    Thats what I did and even though I felt like I was doing something totally illegal, not one person reacted in any way. I may as well have been holding a sandwich

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Nelsonbencasey

Latest threads

Top Bottom