• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnnyBmore

This is not a"FREE STATE"
    Feb 3, 2011
    nice! except the last part. lol

Hey If your not getting cut your not Pushing yourself right?? .. Plus its always good to remind people that if one does slip up , THEY DO GET CUT!! :party29:

But yeah that was the first hour with the new knife , freaking loving it though

here she is looking HARD next to a BM47 & Arc Angel .........:D

1201111453.jpg

JohnnyBmore

Feb 3, 2011
    How do you do that spin around the one finger? I cant figure that out

Keep doing it over and over till the Baligods decide you have been frustrated long enough and they bless you with magnetic fingers ..... :party29:

For real though make sure your finger is in between the safe handle and spine of the blade, the when you spin it lead with the safe handle and let the blade and bite handle follow . Start with big SLOW circles till you get the feeling of keeping it on your finger , then speed it up ....
    Takes a while , just stick with it .. one day it will just POP!

BlueHeeler

Ultimate Member
    Apr 28, 2010
    Washington, DC
    kind of still working on it lol

It helped me to try it with other balis. I have the Bear & Son 4", 5", and the Kimura V. They all flip a little differently. Once you can do it with one, you can do it with any of them IYSWIM. For me the Bear 4" seems to be the best to learn something, while the Kimura is better in all other ways.

JohnnyBmore

Feb 3, 2011
    Where my Arc Angels Live .............

Just in case anyone suffers from Bali-drop ( when the Bali lays sideways in your pockets ) .. Easy fix is to stick a Bali size pocket in the rear to keep it strait up for easy draw ... Just run a vertical line, stitching your rear pocket in half ... Been doing this for years !!

:thumbsup:

0109121438a.jpg

0109121438.jpg

0109121439.jpg

Quick phone vid ..No rehearsal normal draw ... Gum Ball anyone???

Side view ..filmed with the other hand none the lesss!!! :manganr:

Heist

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jan 10, 2012
    MD/DC/NYC

Why so few? :D

Growing up my neighbor/buddy's father was Filipino. 1st generation immigrant and he had about 20 balisongs, each more gorgeous and finely crafted than the next. Some were just plain wood handled inlays but amazingly balanced and smooth, while others were uniquely bespoke with pearl inlays and frillery engraving on the blade and handle.

The speed at which and the ways he and his son could open and close their knives always left me with my mouth agape. His father had a move where he'd draw his knife by the latch, whip it open, then launch it like a shuriken at the fence about 7-10ft away. 8/10 times it stuck in the fence.

JohnnyBmore

Feb 3, 2011
    A few more

For some reason my lighting was really bringing out the purple in the Ano . it is way more blue in person . :D

PINOYspecial.jpg

Pinoyspecial3.jpg

JohnnyBoloNEW.jpg

JohnnyBoloNEW12.jpg

JohnnyBoloNEW6.jpg

JohnnyBoloNEW5.jpg

JohnnyBoloNEW2.jpg

Punchabearinnamouf

High Tech Redneck
    Apr 11, 2009
    Hollywood, MD
    I recently got a Bearops B-200
    Bear-MGC-OPSBALI.jpg

And ordered a Bradley Kimura V last week.
    bradleykimura5.jpg

This one is also on it's way from Balisong.com
    b000704.jpg

I fell in love with these things about a year ago and I'm getting all my friends into it haha
    I should take a picture of my collection some time.
    Johnny, I love your collection, those are some beautiful knives!

*edit:
    Also anyone just getting into flipping, check out Cutlerylover's youtube channel. He's got some great instructional videos on there. Helped me out a lot getting started.

JohnnyBmore

Feb 3, 2011
    Shweet man ! the B200 was designed by two great guys in the flipping community Looseyfur and KnifeZoid, they also own the company BladeRunnerS .. My knife called the "Alpha Beast " is a Bali designed for freestyle flipping by them .
    My collection is getting upwards of 40 + knives now ... :innocent0 I love um more then Firearms ..............
    Feel free if you ever hit Ocean city to drop me a line .... we will spin a few Blades !! :party29:

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    I'm visiting the town of " balisong" in the province of Batangas next month. I'm hoping to find an authentic hand-made balisong.

True Balisongs are proven to be authentic when the maker demonstrates the blade by stabbing a quarter. It should go through without damaging the blade.

circleshooter

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2009
    Baltimore County
    I've always wanted a balisong for my small pocket knife collection. Decided to finally take the plunge today after reading through this thread. I decided on one probably more decorative than "tactical" but I'm assuming it will get any cutting job done that I'll ask of it.

balisong.jpg

It's a Fillipino knife (from Balisong.com) and has a 14 cm blade; a brass handle with Kamagong and bone scales. Can't wait to get it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    nexgen98

Latest threads

Top Bottom