• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    I only ever had one brace. Never really used it and reluctantly tossed it as I fully expect a federal swat team to kick in my door at 4 AM looking to hem me up. I do realize they'll probably just plant the evidence when they don't find what they want. I'm also an FPC member, but I don't think they care about things like injunctions.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    Well my first one submitted on May 4th just came back approved. It was the one with the overall length of 30 inches. it came with the the condition that it must comply with the MSP Advisory LD-FRU-23-001

all of mine were submitted on the same day so hopefully seeing the other two shortly.
    One of mine came back approved today too. Submitted may 4th. Hopefully the other will be soon. I was told by a local gun shop that it wouldn’t go through since it’s sub 29”. It’s a 22 rimfire which is exempt from the 29” rule, but who knows anymore.

Kirkster

Jan 9, 2009
    Severn, PRoMD
    One of mine came back approved today too. Submitted may 4th. Hopefully the other will be soon. I was told by a local gun shop that it wouldn’t go through since it’s sub 29”. It’s a 22 rimfire which is exempt from the 29” rule, but who knows anymore.
    Two of my three were sub 29. Just can’t put a real stock on them since MD still considers them braced pistols. That Bren2 is 30 inches so it is getting a real stock.

wreckdiver

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2008
    My sub 29” mp5 22 sbr was approved today. Guess my dealer was wrong. Love to find a collapsible stock that fits the .22 version.

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    Two of my three were sub 29. Just can’t put a real stock on them since MD still considers them braced pistols. That Bren2 is 30 inches so it is getting a real stock.
    You can put a real stock on a sub 29" if it's a .22

IANAL

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Huh. I never even thought of that!!!
    Duh.

Post #5 ... :innocent0

ak47drummer

May 5, 2023
    Laurel
    My sub 29” mp5 22 sbr was approved today. Guess my dealer was wrong. Love to find a collapsible stock that fits the .22 version.
    A dealer also told me that Md might have a problem with sub 29" but I'm glad u guys proved him wrong. Did you submit fingerprint cards by mail or attach electronic fingerprints with your registration?

Hibs

Ultimate Member
    Dec 23, 2015
    Maryland
    A dealer also told me that Md might have a problem with sub 29" but I'm glad u guys proved him wrong. Did you submit fingerprint cards by mail or attach electronic fingerprints with your registration?
    Electronic prints I had done at printscan (inside UPS store)

Yellowdog

MDS Supporter
    Jul 4, 2011
    Columbia
    Submitted my eform1 almost 90 days ago via Silencershop. It has been in the submitted status ever since. MSP says my brace is gtg, FPC says I am gtg so the brace goes back on and off to the range I go.

ak47drummer

May 5, 2023
    Laurel
    After 82 days, I finally got the approved email. I had doubts after 50 days that they would find something like fingerprint card or electronic picture wasn't clear or some silly reason to disapprove but finally got it and that lonely brace got reunited with the AR pistol. Printed a copy of the eform1 to put in the carrying case....in case I was ever questioned by the you know who.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    Got 2 approved after about 60 days (amnesty registration). All I received from ATF were email notifications. No hard copy has been sent.

When I submitted these there was a popup window stating words to the effect that the ATF Director considered that the free registration only applied to firearms maintained in their original "braced" configuration.

This plus the fact that I wasn't able to register these in my trust (since it didn't exist when the rule was published) may cause me to actually pay for stamps for these in the future.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Got 2 approved after about 60 days (amnesty registration). All I received from ATF were email notifications. No hard copy has been sent.

When I submitted these there was a popup window stating words to the effect that the ATF Director considered that the free registration only applied to firearms maintained in their original "braced" configuration.

This plus the fact that I wasn't able to register these in my trust (since it didn't exist when the rule was published) may cause me to actually pay for stamps for these in the future.

Interesting to see how they manage to screw you over without telling you up front.
    I don't recall anything being said about "original braced configuration" when they were doling out "free" tax stamps. This will annoy those folks who thought they were getting a free SBR. SURPRISE! Now bend over . . .

Also apparently they're cheaping out on the actual stamps/hard copy as well?

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    Interesting to see how they manage to screw you over without telling you up front.
    I don't recall anything being said about "original braced configuration" when they were doling out "free" tax stamps. This will annoy those folks who thought they were getting a free SBR. SURPRISE! Now bend over . . .

Also apparently they're cheaping out on the actual stamps/hard copy as well?
    Yah, I think they were never giving out actual free stamps. But I expected something in writing. Maybe I have to go online to print it. . .

ak47drummer

May 5, 2023
    Laurel

I never got the pop up. Even though they are now SBRs in the ATF'S eyes & that should allow us to put a stock on them but they are still saying NO....Md State Police still sees them as a pistol so the brace can't be replaced with a stock.
    What's the advantage of having them in a trust?

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I posted this in the ATF section; I was informed that apparently it was the case all along that we wouldn't be getting a real SBR stamp.

No free lunch from the swell folks at BATFE.

Growler215

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2020
    SOMD
    I never got the pop up. Even though they are now SBRs in the ATF'S eyes & that should allow us to put a stock on them but they are still saying NO....Md State Police still sees them as a pistol so the brace can't be replaced with a stock.
    What's the advantage of having them in a trust?
    One advantage of having them in a trust is making inheritance easier. No issue about whether the person inheriting is allowed to possess an NFA item

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom