• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    I talked to one of these fellas a couple weeks ago.
    He was telling me the dog is trained to alert on cleaning chemicals used on firearms as well as gunpowder in ammunition.
    He stated that once the dog alerts he calls county police.
    He says the mall owner Simon Company has said only on duty law enforcement, or "three letter agencies" are allowed to have guns in the mall.
    When I explained Bass Pro allows carry he stated " oh I don't patrol in here"(he was there as a customer when I spoke to him).
    I asked him about the legal ramifications of what he was doing, and infringing on peoples rights he was confused.
    He then went on to tell me that last year at a mall in GA he had someone pull a "purple drako" on him.
    I asked him if that was a sex toy and walked away figuring I the 4 minutes I wasted with him had not made either of us smarter.
    Well, let's hope the cops show up before I leave. Please let the guy try to detain someone until then.
    Your conversation tells us exactly what type of person would do this good for nothing job.

Also, I don't see these encounters making it to court often, if at all. How busy would that K9 dude be summoned to court because he was the arresting officer's PC?
    I can see it more of a trespass warning situation.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Powder, primers, Hoppes are all legal to buy at BassPro and, as far as I know, to carry through the mall on route to the car... even better if a protected minority had just purchased those items.

4g64loser

Bad influence
    Jan 18, 2007
    maryland
    Powder, primers, Hoppes are all legal to buy at BassPro and, as far as I know, to carry through the mall on route to the car... even better if a protected minority had just purchased those items.
    Haven't been inside that mall for some time but now I have the urge to stuff spent cases into ziplocs with t-shirts. Then wear said t-shirt past every mutt I find while concealed carrying various sex toys and possibly wearing nonstandard underwear.

Would a backpack or man purse full of "you are only gay if you are a cop in AA" buttons be considered suspicious if found?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Significant , in that mall security doesn't patrol inside Bass Pro , and that's the only place I ever go there .

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Bigfoot, is there a chance the guy is bullshitting you? Maybe you came across a certain way and he wanted to troll you?

That whole shtick just seems fake as hell, and even more so when the security job has the same status as someone serving you a bagel in the mall. A security guard dog "scent discriminating" on just firearm cleaning products?

Is it a bloodhound? Or just a shepherd with 3 weeks of socializing training? Maybe I'm dumb as hell but some security guard company that has a super expensive equivalent trained to Police dog standards to be leashed up with a guy who gets paid $17/hour to stand and do nothing all day?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Bigfoot, is there a chance the guy is bullshitting you? Maybe you came across a certain way and he wanted to troll you?

It wasn't me having the conversation , I was going by the earlier post .

I'm sceptical about the Mall having such K-9 on a regular basis , if at all.

My comment was about mall security not patroling inside Bass Pro .

I'm sure I'm not the only one who goes into BP , but not the mall proper .

Matlack

Scribe
    Dec 15, 2008
    ****They haven't gotten any better.
    I went into Marley Station a handful of years ago and was amazed at how bad it was, at least an entire wing completely empty of stores. Some of the stores were just empty with the gate 1/2 up. Sparsely populated everywhere else.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Anyone going there just put a pinch if Bullseye or Tight-group in your pocket (or a small baggie so you can share pinches with other unsuspecting shoppers) and when the dog gets enough false positives, and threats of law suits, he will be fired probably along with his handler.

PapiBarcelona

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2011
    Damn. I can't read, it was Pop Gunner who talked to the Top Flight Security of the World, Craig.

Sorry Bigfoot. LOL

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I go where i need to go and malls are one of the places, my son loves the mall and as a baby it was a great place for him. He loved the clown at WM mall as well and gave her flowers when she retired and he still talks about her, she made an impact on my son.

willtill

The Dude Abides
    MDS Supporter
    May 15, 2007
    It's not the metal of the gun that they're detecting. Dogs can be trained to signal on presence of nitrocelluose, and other smokeless powder ingredients. Both the firearm and cartridges will have detectable levels of that propellant residue on them.
    Not mine. I clean the hell out of them.

MaxVO2

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Not mine. I clean the hell out of them.

****Same. I could use the barrels on my guns as milshake drinking straws! (duh, I'd remove them from the guns first! and!!! clean them well afterwards as milkshake residue is pretty sticky stuff!)

strwa.jpg

rbird7282

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 6, 2012
    Columbia
    It's not the metal of the gun that they're detecting. Dogs can be trained to signal on presence of nitrocelluose, and other smokeless powder ingredients. Both the firearm and cartridges will have detectable levels of that propellant residue on them.

I understand. I’m not disagreeing that the dog can be trained to detect that at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Mikeymike88

Latest threads

Top Bottom